After using Lite instead of reg fb for the past couple years, I've had a few too many instances of battery drain this week and was fed up enough to uninstall it.

On my battery usage list it'd show:
    FB - 9%
    Screen - 8%
    Other apps w/ - 2-3% each

Obviously the only explanation is that fb had to have been doing somn aggressive in the background, since you need your screen on to use it lol. As I type this, I'm at 46% battery left w/ 2 hours 19 min screen time. For reference - that amount of screen time would often leave me at 4% remaining, or below.
    04-04-21 09:16 PM
    FB in general is one of the largest "trackers" of any service, including Google and Amazon, which is saying something (they're 2nd and 3rd, with Microsoft 4th and Apple 5th). You've done yourself a big favor by dumping it.
    04-05-21 12:06 AM
    FB in general is one of the largest "trackers" of any service, including Google and Amazon, which is saying something (they're 2nd and 3rd, with Microsoft 4th and Apple 5th). You've done yourself a big favor by dumping it.
    So, if I get this right, you mean neither regular FB nor the Lite version for the Priv??
    04-05-21 12:21 PM
    So, if I get this right, you mean neither regular FB nor the Lite version for the Priv??
    This isn't a Priv issue - it's a Facebook tracker issue.

It will still run on a Priv.
    04-05-21 12:59 PM
    It needs to know where you are all the time, this uses lots of CPU clock cycles and battery drain.
    04-06-21 12:02 PM
    I have also uninstalled it from my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the battery consumption decrease is noticeable. Guess I'll just check in from time to time on my laptop from now on
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-08-21 07:41 PM
    I have also uninstalled it from my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the battery consumption decrease is noticeable. Guess I'll just check in from time to time on my laptop from now on
    One sense these post/complaints make me laugh. While not in this post people complain about phones made in China and Big Government watching everyone. Yet on FB they tell us when they are sitting on the can..........LOL
    anon(5597702) and Exedorable like this.
    04-10-21 08:24 AM