Remote File Access (built into Link on the desktop and into the File Manager app on BB10 devices) is a useful feature, whether or not some people find it reliable. It uses the IPv6 "subnet" (sorry for misuse of that term) that the BlackBerry NOC runs to transfer files securely between BB10 devices and specific shared folders as set in BlackBerry Link.

I use this feature quite a bit, mostly to access media from my media library.

Is there any sense of BlackBerry attempting to replicate this feature on Android? Whether or not it's via a dedicated "File Manager" app, I don't care, but as other file managers can hook onto cloud file services etc., I wonder if there will be any way for BlackBerry's Android platform to utilize Remote File Access.
    11-02-15 10:43 AM
    Remote File Access (built into Link on the desktop and into the File Manager app on BB10 devices) is a useful feature, whether or not some people find it reliable. It uses the IPv6 "subnet" (sorry for misuse of that term) that the BlackBerry NOC runs to transfer files securely between BB10 devices and specific shared folders as set in BlackBerry Link.

I use this feature quite a bit, mostly to access media from my media library.

Is there any sense of BlackBerry attempting to replicate this feature on Android? Whether or not it's via a dedicated "File Manager" app, I don't care, but as other file managers can hook onto cloud file services etc., I wonder if there will be any way for BlackBerry's Android platform to utilize Remote File Access.
    I say they should, because it would offer comfort for the security minded, to have an all Blackberry Priv support client available.
    11-02-15 11:05 AM