I am pleased with all the apps and functionality on the priv, and of course, the keyboard without which I would feel like I am running without legs...in a jungle...away from Tigers. However, I sorely miss the reliability of the Blackberry OS, this loading and reloading stuff all the time bc something has gone corrupt or has blown up in an update or has gone buggy and is eating the battery is absolutely hellish. If I don't want an update bc something is working, why does this thing have to keep telling me there are updates? Then there are so many updates the notification for the updates eats my battery and my heart stops. Do I install them now, and risk several hours fixing whatever breaks? Or do I keep clearing the notifications so my battery doesn't die mid day, update notifiers which I have turned off ten times? Is this how android people live? There has got to be a better way. I never had to deal w anything going wonky on bbos. Never. The market will force me to get a new phone in two years, as such, there's no need to update apps every two days when everything is working. Gaaah.
    06-14-16 09:26 AM
    No unfortunately, only Priv people live that way. My android performs the updates and that's that. I don't have anything but app updates on things I instal from the Play Store and i can turn those off if I want to.

Not bothered by it at all and no chance of my battery dying in half a day regardless.

The problem here comes from BB trying to impose it's apps on a diff OS then BB10....
    06-14-16 09:34 AM
    I dunno. My friend w a Samsung gave me battery tips like "turn off all the notifications, put it in airplane mode, keep the wifi off, don't sync your email, keep your phone calls short, don't play any games, don't use the screen." I asked what is the point of having a smart phone then? I like the hub app. I don't like dumping all my data and reloading it every few weeks, tho.
    06-14-16 09:40 AM
    Reading your post it sounds like you got a bad PRIV.....

I spent 36 minute talking on my phone this morning, read 10 emails, composed and sent six emails, texted eight times, update six apps in Google Play, checked the news, checked the weather, listened to music on my 15 min commute to work, checked Instagram and FaceBook and liked a few post... and I'm at 92% on my battery after being off the charger for four hours.

Of course I don't own a PRIV....

And unlike my Z10... I've got just about every background battery gobbling process going. My phone is always listening for voice commands - no touching required to wake it. Using wallpaper with animations, using widgets for weather, news and some forums. Full locations services with GPS enabled. Proximity Sensor can turn on the screen and notifications at a wave of the hand....
    techvisor likes this.
    06-14-16 09:41 AM

I spent 36 minute talking on my phone this morning, read 10 emails, composed and sent six emails, texted eight times, update six apps in Google Play, checked the news, checked the weather, listened to music on my 15 min commute to work, checked Instagram and FaceBook and liked a few post... and I'm at 92% on my battery after being off the charger for four hours.

And unlike my Z10... I've got just about every background battery gobbling process going. My phone is always listening for voice commands - no touching required to wake it. Using wallpaper with animations, using widgets for weather, news and some forums. Full locations services with GPS enabled. Proximity Sensor can turn on the screen and notifications at a wave of the hand....
    Yes you don't own a Priv!!

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    06-14-16 10:19 AM

What phone do you have? I want one of those!
    (If it has a keyboard)
    06-14-16 06:55 PM