Blackberry said it's going to be released in Fall. Black Friday is in Winter
    Black Friday is on November 27....first day of winter is December 22...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:20 PM
    Have been told by sources that it will be out for Black Friday.

Not sure if that means release on black Friday, or before though.

I think that releasing on Black Friday will be a bad idea. No one wants to buy a phone that has not been seen a lot yet.

Posted via CB10
    Black Friday implies a US specific target, no? Black Friday is tricky as everyone expects to get things cheaper than any other day.

I imagine maybe a launch a few weeks before, people look at it with time, think about it, want it, hesitate... and then a nice Black Friday sale makes it a 'logical' splurge (no such thing, of course).

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:34 PM
    Black Friday is on November 27....first day of winter is December 22...

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I'm sorry. It looks like it's different from country to country. Here in Portugal they do in the First Friday after Christmas
    10-04-15 05:02 PM
    Oh, I'm sorry. It looks like it's different from country to country. Here in Portugal they do in the First Friday after Christmas
    You never stop learning.. I always thought that Winter begins with the winter solstice (21 December) but apparently that concept is relative https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter

Thanks for bringing that up!

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-04-15 05:17 PM
    I imagine maybe a launch a few weeks before, people look at it with time, think about it, want it, hesitate... and then a nice Black Friday sale makes it a 'logical' splurge (no such thing, of course).

Posted via CB10
    That is what I was thinking. I have 2 independent BB sources, that would just say it will be out for Black Friday sales.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 09:42 AM
    Black Friday sale at $750.00??"
    10-11-15 10:49 AM
    Black Friday sale at $750.00??"
    Where'd you get that from?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 10:59 AM
    Where'd you get that from?

Posted via CB10
    People are saying here that the price will probably be at around $750.00CDN because it is a high end phone. Then people say that it will be release on black Friday sales.
    Is Black Friday sales for a reduced in price of a product?
    10-11-15 11:04 AM
    None of us have any real clue, just speculating. I'd take everything posted (so far) with a huge grain of salt.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:08 AM
    ^^^^yes a big grain of salt
    10-11-15 11:11 AM
    Wow Empyrean you are courageous. Seeing what happened to dc2000 who had carrier information.
    Hope you you dont get devoured by the rest when the time comes
    And keep the leaks coming.Cheers!
    What did dc2000 leak? What happened to him?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    He suspected that BlackBerry would have officially announced the Priv on Sept 23rd based on internal carrier docs that he had seen through his job. Unfortunately nothing happened that day and he was essentially crucified.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    He didn't leak anything, he just said romours which really any of us including me could do. Even though I'm Military and have no info I could make something up too :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:57 AM
    That is what I was thinking. I have 2 independent BB sources, that would just say it will be out for Black Friday sales.

Posted via CB10
    Black friday??

I can't wait that ******* long
    10-11-15 02:45 PM
    Black friday??

I can't wait that ******* long
    Operative word being for Black Friday, meaning available by that time, not necessarily at that time. Though I suspect that it'll be released here in the US sometime in November, even if it's available in Canada/the UK in October.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 02:50 PM
    Not sure about the fixation on "black friday". I thought that was the day US stores off-loaded their junk prior to the annual pre-Xmas gouge of shopers. Also from my limited experience, I didn't think the typical black friday shopper was too interested in flagship cellphones. Also does Canada actually have a "black friday"?
    10-11-15 03:02 PM
    Not sure about the fixation on "black friday". I thought that was the day US stores off-loaded their junk prior to the annual pre-Xmas gouge of shopers. Also from my limited experience, I didn't think the typical black friday shopper was too interested in flagship cellphones. Also does Canada actually have a "black friday"?
    Recent years due to the Canadian dollar being par with USD at one point, that triggered a lot of cross-border shopping. So in response Canadian retailers started doing "Black Friday" sales as well.

Also the Passport had a Black Friday sale as well shortly after the launch: Best Black Friday Deals on BlackBerry Passport ? Available Now | Inside BlackBerry
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-11-15 03:04 PM
    I'm still sticking to my October 27/28 for Canada.
    10-11-15 03:29 PM
    I'm still sticking to my October 27/28 for Canada.
    Get the feeling you are trying to tell us something but unable to expand
    10-11-15 04:44 PM
    Rogers is even worse than BlackBerry at releasing new phones don't think they have a lot of love for BlackBerry (so much for Canadian company's sticking together)
    10-12-15 08:14 AM
    Rogers is even worse than BlackBerry at releasing new phones don't think they have a lot of love for BlackBerry (so much for Canadian company's sticking together)
    Screw Rogers. We need a Telus employee around here.
    10-12-15 08:28 AM
    Not exactly. They essentially use crazy sales on a very limited quantity (like 5 TVs, 10 xboxes, etc) to peak curiosity and have people come into the store. Most other items are only slightly discounted, but since everyone else is in a frenzy and seems so happy, you end up buying something (that you likely didn't need).

The trick, though, is to have your product in store and available for people to learn about ahead of time. Black Friday is not a good day to introduce something because there is so much frenzy. So you basically want it there a few weeks ahead at an expensive price, get people salivating for it, and then:

'hmm, wonder if the Priv is on sale at Best Buy?.. better go check it out. OMG $50 OFF? Just today?! Oh, boy... better buy it now.'

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-12-15 09:00 AM
    Not exactly. They essentially use crazy sales on a very limited quantity (like 5 TVs, 10 xboxes, etc) to peak curiosity and have people come into the store. Most other items are only slightly discounted, but since everyone else is in a frenzy and seems so happy, you end up buying something (that you likely didn't need).

Posted via CB10

Meanwhile I'll be in comfort of my own home to DoS BlackBerry's servers for that Black Friday coupon.
    10-12-15 09:03 AM
    http://i.imgur.com/efsTS0s.jpg

Meanwhile I'll be in comfort of my own home to DoS BlackBerry's servers for that Black Friday coupon.
    I remember that last year,.. hahaha got like 5 BlackBerry music gateways for $0.00.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 09:05 AM
    I remember that last year,.. hahaha got like 5 BlackBerry music gateways for $0.00.

Posted via CB10
    C'mon, aim higher this year. 5 Privs for $0.00!
    10-12-15 09:07 AM
52 123