I won't give specifics, but I am privy (pardon the pun) to release date info from separate sources from two of the three major carriers in Canada. I can officially say that the slider will be released by the end of the first week in November, so slightly sooner than the 10th estimate and way sooner than the 20th mentioned on CrackBerry's featured post.

Notes:
    - There is slight differences in release dates between the carriers, which is why I won't give exact days (and therefore make it obvious which carriers I sourced it from).

- Oddly enough the carriers still refer to it as the Venice.

- Both my sources mention this is a "goal date", meaning it'seems not gospel or guaranteed.

I can't wait! Though I am desperately hoping they rename this beast.
    09-25-15 01:41 AM
    I'm not surprised they are calling it Venice. I suspect that the other name (which I refuse to speak out loud or type) is bogus.
    09-25-15 05:33 AM
    I'm not surprised they are calling it Venice. I suspect that the other name (which I refuse to speak out loud or type) is bogus.
    Lol until it's not. *tear*

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 06:39 AM
    Wow Empyrean you are courageous. Seeing what happened to dc2000 who had carrier information.
    Hope you you dont get devoured by the rest when the time comes
    And keep the leaks coming.Cheers!
    09-25-15 07:01 AM
    Im hoping BlackBerry annonuces something today, if not then I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing gets pushed back to 2016 lol
    09-25-15 07:13 AM
    Im hoping BlackBerry annonuces something today, if not then I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing gets pushed back to 2016 lol
    It's been announced as official.... the product that is, but not release date.
    09-25-15 07:30 AM
    I'm more concerned when Amazon.ca or ShopBB will carry it. I'm on Koodo so fairly sure they will not get it and be Telus exclusive.

Hoping for $649.99 unlocked after all discounts.That or maybe if I can get one from work to run with Good...
    09-25-15 07:41 AM
    I'm hoping for no more than $199 with 2-yr contract.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    09-25-15 07:52 AM
    Lol until it's not. *tear*

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, blackberry has just confirmed the phone and that horrible name. The name was no joke after all.

*tear*
    00stryder likes this.
    09-25-15 08:06 AM
    I don't care about the name! I am soo glad they finally announced it and my hopes and dreams are becoming reality now. This will be the best device ever!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:14 AM
    I don't care about the name! I am soo glad they finally announced it and my hopes and dreams are becoming reality now. This will be the best device ever!

Posted via CB10
    Flippity flop like all previous sliders..
    09-25-15 08:18 AM
    Wow Empyrean you are courageous. Seeing what happened to dc2000 who had carrier information.
    Well, I'm not sure where dc2000 got his info from -- specifically because neither of my friends had any clue when BBRY proper would make the announcement, but I'm only venturing information that is vetted by two different carriers, so unless they're both wrong (or there's unforeseen delays), this is the word that carriers have on the subject.

I know it's par for the course in Canada, but I'm always assured by two separate carriers getting comparable info from BlackBerry -- not only because it makes it more likely, but also shows that BBRY is doing a good job of engaging multiple carriers and not just playing favourites/limiting their scope and reach.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-25-15 11:24 AM
    Well, I'm not sure where dc2000 got his info from -- specifically because neither of my friends had any clue when BBRY proper would make the announcement, but I'm only venturing information that is vetted by two different carriers, so unless they're both wrong (or there's unforeseen delays), this is the word that carriers have on the subject.

I know it's par for the course in Canada, but I'm always assured by two separate carriers getting comparable info from BlackBerry -- not only because it makes it more likely, but also shows that BBRY is doing a good job of engaging multiple carriers and not just playing favourites/limiting their scope and reach.
    Hope Telus gets exclusivity for the first few weeks. They've stood strong for BlackBerry, with a working unit front and center at all times. They had exclusive rights to the Passport and as I understand, did alright with it. When I went in to my small town Telus, they said the Passport kept up to the iPhone for the first week.

They deserve the exclusive rights for the Priv and I hope they make a killing on it. Not that I want them to make any more money than they already do, but so the others can get bitten for not supporting BlackBerry all along. (anyone remember the Rogers Z30 debacle?)
    09-27-15 07:28 PM
    What happened to DC2000?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:46 PM
    "Coming Soon"
    09-27-15 07:54 PM
    What happened to DC2000?

Posted via CB10
    Roasted after nothing was announced on the 23rd, which was the date he saw on internal carrier documents as the date that his particular company was expecting to end their marketing silence on the Priv. Unfortunately, plans must have changed and he was made to look like he didn't know what he was talking about. After the harassment he suffered from the forums, he decided to take an indefinite hiatus from CB.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:57 PM
    Roasted after nothing was announced on the 23rd, which was the date he saw on internal carrier documents as the date that his particular company was expecting to end their marketing silence on the Priv. Unfortunately, plans must have changed and he was made to look like he didn't know what he was talking about. After the harassment he suffered from the forums, he decided to take an indefinite hiatus from CB.

Posted via CB10
    I'm hoping that my approach is slightly different -- I plan not to alienate my sources and to get any advance notice of changes in carrier-side assumptions.
    09-27-15 09:20 PM
    Hope Telus gets exclusivity for the first few weeks. They've stood strong for BlackBerry, with a working unit front and center at all times. They had exclusive rights to the Passport and as I understand, did alright with it. When I went in to my small town Telus, they said the Passport kept up to the iPhone for the first week.

They deserve the exclusive rights for the Priv and I hope they make a killing on it. Not that I want them to make any more money than they already do, but so the others can get bitten for not supporting BlackBerry all along. (anyone remember the Rogers Z30 debacle?)
    Unfortunately that will not be the case. That's all I will say.
    09-27-15 09:20 PM
    I'm hoping that my approach is slightly different -- I plan not to alienate my sources and to get any advance notice of changes in carrier-side assumptions.
    I think DC2000 simply went too far down the rabbit hole without a safety line, and once things didn't seem to be panning out he found it impossible to recover. But I don't fault him and it's my opinion that he was unfairly treated here, but that's neither here nor there at this point. But I don't wish that fate on anyone.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-27-15 11:40 PM
    Koodo no longer carries blackberry at all

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 05:10 AM
    I heard from inside buds as well that it will show up on Rogers reservation system no sooner than end of the first week and no later than the 20th as well.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-01-15 03:04 PM
    Koodo no longer carries blackberry at all

Posted via CB10
    Telus considers BlackBerry a premium device, so it's reserved for the Telus brand only. They are usually the first ones to be on board with BlackBerry.
    10-01-15 03:20 PM
    I hope the UK gets it first. Makes me feel warm inside to know I am chosen. Makes me feel like lord of the universe when I get my global day one release unit in my hands. I get the urge to take all my clothes off.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    warrenmr and sully_p like this.
    10-01-15 04:21 PM
    Have been told by sources that it will be out for Black Friday.

Not sure if that means release on black Friday, or before though.

I think that releasing on Black Friday will be a bad idea. No one wants to buy a phone that has not been seen a lot yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 10:56 AM
    Have been told by sources that it will be out for Black Friday.

Not sure if that means release on black Friday, or before though.

I think that releasing on Black Friday will be a bad idea. No one wants to buy a phone that has not been seen a lot yet.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry said it's going to be released in Fall. Black Friday is in Winter
    10-04-15 03:06 PM
52 123