It doesn't really matter how old the device, these companies are using BES and BB handsets, the are paying customers.
    The better question is why do you think they're still running this system? As has been pounded home over and over,
    android and ios have a much larger app selection. All of these people have had years to switch. The key is to get your
    mindset out of the consumer world. The most likely reason is that there isn't a better solution for their needs (security, management,
    etc. for the money). Chen was not lying when he said you could use android on BES, but it won't be as secure as their current
    handsets (or BB10 for that matter).

My guess as to why most are not committing to new hardware from BB is that there afraid that BB won't be around or won't be
    committed to their new investment. This is mostly due to an INCESSANT barrage from the press that BB is going under and won't be
    around for support. BB needs to convince these customers that they're in it for the long haul and will be around for a long, long time.

An android handset may or may not hurt that cause, but axing BB10 would destroy any image they have worked hard to create
    that they have secure, reliable, LONG TERM solutions for their target audience.
    OK, truth be told, BlackBerry was close to going under. People, not even enterprisers, are not buying Blackberry phones. They are buying services, which is where their new stability is coming from. BlackBerry is very close to shutting the hardware division down. Hence, job cuts. So, it's possible that they see a way to save it with Android. Now, the OS preference is up to you, but the vast majority of people and companies think BlackBerry devices are not worth buying. If they did, Chen would be satisfied with his sales, but these days a company cannot keep an entire mobile devices division open with the enterprise market alone, and especially with as little interest as is being shown to BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:22 PM
    BlackBerry has the chance to sell hundreds of millions of this device to a whole different target audience. How can an Android BlackBerry which will be the one and only keyboard Android device go under? It will go under if it's running BB10 because potential buyers will say: "Nice device, really, but the software is so limited"

Welcome to the real world!

Posted via CB10
    I think 5 million would be considered a huge success in comparison to recent sales figures.
    08-22-15 01:41 AM
    Well then let there be 5 Millions, still better than 500.000. And who knows the real return rates?

I love BlackBerry, but I never had a BlackBerry prior BB10. I bought the Q10 and the Classic because of the keyboards. I wouldn't have bought them if they didn't have the Android Runtime.

If BlackBerry would have made better marketing (or any marketing at all?) People would have noticed that they run Android Apps and the sales numbers would have been much higher.

I want BlackBerry to succeed, because I want differentiation in the smartphone market. Different form factors, portrait sliders, landscape sliders, crazy form factors, square screens.

BlackBerry is already that manufacturer, but with Android it will sell more devices.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ulferini Schusterotti; 08-22-15 at 02:07 AM.
    MO3iusONE and z3user like this.
    08-22-15 01:52 AM
    Okay, finally its truly BB10 device...
    Without BlackBerry Hub??? Nops.. I don't think so.. I am using BlackBerry because of Hub. I am using of windows phone, because of Live Tile. I won't missed my full notification by using Android.. and I dont want invest my expensive money to Android OS, when you can buy cheap under 100 dollars android around there

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 04:18 AM
    What are you talking? The Hub will be part of Android is seems!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 05:12 AM
    if Hub will be on Chen's Android, then the killing time of BlackBerry has arrived.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 05:17 AM
    OK, truth be told, BlackBerry was close to going under. People, not even enterprisers, are not buying Blackberry phones. They are buying services, which is where their new stability is coming from. BlackBerry is very close to shutting the hardware division down. Hence, job cuts. So, it's possible that they see a way to save it with Android. Now, the OS preference is up to you, but the vast majority of people and companies think BlackBerry devices are not worth buying. If they did, Chen would be satisfied with his sales, but these days a company cannot keep an entire mobile devices division open with the enterprise market alone, and especially with as little interest as is being shown to BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, you've proved my point abut the press working it's magic. Blackberry had WAY too much
    cash on hand to be anywhere near folding. If they were that close, the board would have accepted
    one of the fire sale offers rumored to be floating around. Sasha Sagan in PC Mag had "Blackberry
    would not release another handset and would be done this year" as one of his New Year's predictions.

Even to make money at android, Chen has to sell these handsets at a premium. I don't see him
    getting into discount android market. My point was to his customer base, there staying with a secure
    solution on older phones rather than cough up money to a system there not sure of. Now think about this.
    You've been told since Chen arrived "We have secured android as best we can, but you really need BB
    to be totally secure". Now along comes Chen and his sales force after a very very long time of selling this
    point, and all of the sudden says "Nevermind, Android is great and just as secure" without a single thing
    changing on either side. Adding the Hub to android will be the key you need to fix androids security issues?

Possible, but how about this, Mobile Iron, IBM+apple, etc. send there sales force out to say to current BES and BB
    customers, "see we told you the whole time we're just as secure, and finally they've admitted it." Now Chen is
    selling 100% on price and a few pieces of added software, with a few new credibility issues.

I've yet to see any company suceed by changing their focus every year or two. And I don't see the consumers
    bailing him out with handset sales either. At least not enough to make a dent.

Best case view if they drop BB10, they exit the mobile business entirely (BES and handsets), and stick around
    as an IOT and QNX vendor.

Again, this is not about offering an android handset for those who don't care about security and their other selling
    points, and proving their commitment to product by continuing to offer BB10. Although this thread from the get go
    is about undermining Chen's commitment to BB10. This is just a very very real possibility if BB10 is kicked to the
    curb overnight.
    Last edited by srb151; 08-22-15 at 07:15 PM.
    lnichols likes this.
    08-22-15 07:05 PM
    if Hub will be on Chen's Android, then the killing time of BlackBerry has arrived.

Posted via CB10
    Back in March, they announced the BlackBerry Experience Suite for Android, iOS and Windows Phone. That includes the Hub and BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard. If they're developing an Android based device, you can be sure it'll include the Experience Suite.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 10:47 PM
283 ... 101112