Where Did you find that info?

Posted via CB10
    I have some friends who are dev elites.

Posted via CB10
    mania626 likes this.
    08-17-15 10:11 AM
    Dude don't say whatever is on your mind ! Developer elites have already the 10.3.3 SDK and API roadmap.
    10.3.3 is a hardware/service pack release. There are no new features or major updates. Qt which is the backbone of BlackBerry 10 has stated that BlackBerry is no longer working on updating the OS to Qt5. BlackBerry has updated QNX to Qt5 because they are moving forward on QNX but leaving BlackBerry 10 behind.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-17-15 10:13 AM
    10.3.3 is a hardware/service pack release. There are no new features or major updates. Qt which is the backbone of BlackBerry 10 has stated that BlackBerry is no longer working on updating the OS to Qt5. BlackBerry has updated QNX to Qt5 because they are moving forward on QNX but leaving BlackBerry 10 behind.
    Qt5 was a work in progress. It was worked by TAT. I don't know its fate. But 10.3.3 will bring some new APIs and some updates to the current apps. And some minor things.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 10:17 AM
    Qt5 was a work in progress. It was worked by TAT. I don't know its fate. But 10.3.3 will bring some new APIs and some updates to the current apps. And some minor things.

Posted via CB10
    Can you tell me or explain me what those new API mean concrete?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 10:24 AM
    Can you tell me or explain me what those new API mean concrete?

Posted via CB10
    For sure I know that APIs for the edge screen and Blend APIs are coming together.

Posted via CB10
    Rjinswand likes this.
    08-17-15 10:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I want to see how many BB10 developers update their apps and on what time frame.
    08-17-15 10:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Qt5 for BlackBerry 10 is dead.

This server has been taken offline because BlackBerry is no longer maintaining the Qt5 build for BlackBerry 10 at this time. If you want to use Qt 5 on BlackBerry 10 you will have to build it.
    Mark Sohm
    BlackBerry Development Advisor

Re: Qt5 Binary overlay : qtlab.blackberry.com didn... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-17-15 10:33 AM
    Don�t know who they talked to. But they proved their credibility last year, when they posted a hands-on Passport review about a month prior to Passport launch.
    08-17-15 10:56 AM
    Qt5 for BlackBerry 10 is dead.

This server has been taken offline because BlackBerry is no longer maintaining the Qt5 build for BlackBerry 10 at this time. If you want to use Qt 5 on BlackBerry 10 you will have to build it.
    Mark Sohm
    BlackBerry Development Advisor

Re: Qt5 Binary overlay : qtlab.blackberry.com didn... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Did they fork Qt then?
    08-17-15 12:10 PM
    Could it be that BlackBerry will not secure the entire Android OS just what they want to and only with BES 12 subscriptions? I think JC will claim android to be secured but only when using enterprise suite apps supplied by BlackBerry on BES 12. Anything else on the phone won't be deemed "secured" by BlackBerry.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    08-17-15 12:14 PM
    Did they fork Qt then?
    No. They stopped at 4.8.5 with BlackBerry 10 OS. BlackBerry is currently working with Qt on QNX and are at level 5.3 and there are development plans for Qt 5.4. So the fact that they are moving ahead with Qt and QNX and not moving ahead with Qt5 on BlackBerry 10 and have no development plans is the telling sign that BlackBerry 10 is not moving forward.

There are so many new features in the Qt5.x family that it is a shame that BlackBerry is going this route.

What's New in Qt 5 | Qt 5.5
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-17-15 12:25 PM
    Blackberry 10 will continue on. They did just release the passport se you know. It will probably be more targeted at government and sensitive enterprises in the future while android will be targeted more towards business consumers.

I'm sure resources were moved off bb10 to focus on android and the experience suites but bb10 is a pretty mature platform as are all os's these days. It's not like there are many features left to be added to any platform and most are just gimmicks at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus and sirius27 like this.
    08-17-15 12:26 PM
    Could it be that BlackBerry will not secure the entire Android OS just what they want to and only with BES 12 subscriptions? I think JC will claim android to be secured but only when using enterprise suite apps supplied by BlackBerry on BES 12. Anything else on the phone won't be deemed "secured" by BlackBerry.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    If that is the case, you can do that now without BlackBerry making an Android phone. Why buy a more expensive phone in BlackBerry than just picking something else?
    08-17-15 12:27 PM
    Blackberry 10 will continue on. They did just release the passport se you know. It will probably be more targeted at government and sensitive enterprises in the future while android will be targeted more towards business consumers.

I'm sure resources were moved off bb10 to focus on android and the experience suites but bb10 is a pretty mature platform as are all os's these days. It's not like there are many features left to be added to any platform and most are just gimmicks at this point.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is not a mature platform. There are still a lot missing in terms of application development. There isn't even a charting or image API support. As a programmer, I see a lot of stuff that isn't available in BlackBerry 10 OS but is available in other mobile platforms.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-17-15 12:29 PM
    Did they fork Qt then?
    Our bet is: Qt 5 for BlackBerry 10 is dead because if BlackBerry 10 receives the full port treatment, Qt 5 for BlackBerry 10 would be at best a redundancy, and at worst an unending source of bugs.

A Qt 5 port is coherent also with the halt in new features, and with a closely guarded API and SDK, on the hands of elite developers tied by NDA.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    mania626 likes this.
    08-17-15 02:59 PM
    BB10 is not a mature platform. There are still a lot missing in terms of application development. There isn't even a charting or image API support. As a programmer, I see a lot of stuff that isn't available in BlackBerry 10 OS but is available in other mobile platforms.
    Or Support to change Screen brightness, the value can be read on the other hand,
    Support for the Progress Manager App,
    Proper Access to the Screen API, we can read when the screen is locked but not actually turn it off or on,

I'd go on but I'd break my keyboard..

On a better note, two people on the dev forums are suggesting 10.3.3 has fixed some old reported issues, since the jira system has been out of sync for what seems like an eternity it's been tricky to keep an eye on
    08-17-15 03:16 PM
    Our bet is: Qt 5 for BlackBerry 10 is dead because if BlackBerry 10 receives the full port treatment, Qt 5 for BlackBerry 10 would be at best a redundancy, and at worst an unending source of bugs.

A Qt 5 port is coherent also with the halt in new features, and with a closely guarded API and SDK, on the hands of elite developers tied by NDA.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    It is pretty obvious that you don't know what you are talking about there is no port. BlackBerry 10 OS is just that the OS.
    08-17-15 03:44 PM
    Dude don't say whatever is on your mind ! Developer elites have already the 10.3.3 SDK and API roadmap.
    10.3 3?, for sure, not typo?

How was dev informed to download and is it publicly downloadable?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:57 PM
    10.3 3?, for sure, not typo?

How was dev informed to download and is it publicly downloadable?

Posted via CB10
    Not a credible resource.
    08-17-15 05:01 PM
    Not a credible resource.
    Dev Elites get info directly from BlackBerry. They already know Android plans.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:44 PM
    Dev Elites get info directly from BlackBerry. They already know Android plans.

Posted via CB10
    You just gave yourself away. Dev Elites have info on 10.3.3 and API road map and Android plans. You are just throwing things on the wall and see what sticks. Provide some proof or we will know you are full of it.. It shouldn't be hard to get one little verifiable piece of proof since you know Dev Elites.
    08-17-15 06:18 PM
    The day after Passport SE was revealed to BlackBerry Elites, pics were all over the Web. If 10.3.3 info was really revealed, it would also be.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 06:31 PM
    You just gave yourself away. Dev Elites have info on 10.3.3 and API road map and Android plans. You are just throwing things on the wall and see what sticks. Provide some proof or we will know you are full of it.. It shouldn't be hard to get one little verifiable piece of proof since you know Dev Elites.
    With the time I will be confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 07:07 PM
    My speculation for what it's worth based on what I've read so far is that it will run a complete instance of android sandboxed in isolation from OS10, and similar to work/leisure mode switching, the user will be able to switch between the two modes at will.

This would tie in from a marketing and form perspective where you have an all touch traditional phone styling which is switchable to physical keyboard via slider.

Note that I'm not saying flipping the keyboard out will switch modes by itself.

Pure speculation..
    08-17-15 07:24 PM
    With the time I will be confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    Nice withdrawal on your comments. Thanks for confirming that you actually don't have any tiny bit of proof.
    08-17-15 07:26 PM
283 ... 45678 ...