We will see...
    BlackBerry 10.2.1 also is totalllyyyy different than 10.3.2
    So we will see what the new update will bring

Posted via CB10
    It is just some GUI things. Nothing much has actually changed in how the OS functions.
    08-16-15 03:51 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is dead. The developer road map has hit a dead end. Developers have been told to develop for Android instead. I would be shocked if BlackBerry released another device running BB10. John Chen has succeeded in killing the OS. And soon he will succeed in killing the entire HW business. Then he can rejoice and be proud of a job well done.
    They just released the Passport SE
    extisis likes this.
    08-16-15 04:01 PM
    my sources from BB Czech also said they saw the Slider to run BB10
    Ask you sources for a picture of the Slider running BB10. We already have pictures of a Slider running Android.
    08-16-15 04:10 PM
    Ask you sources for a picture of the Slider running BB10. We already have pictures of a Slider running Android.
    Care to share them?
    I only saw rendering...no pictures with the display active

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:15 PM
    Care to share them?
    I only saw rendering...no pictures with the display active. Posted via CB10
    You've already seen them. The last one Bla1ze posted showing the VKB is not a render, it has just had the background removed. There are couple un-cropped versions of it in the Slider forum which show the speaker grill.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-16-15 04:34 PM
    You've already seen them. The last one Bla1ze posted showing the VKB is not a render, it has just had the background removed. There are couple un-cropped versions of it in the Slider forum which show the speaker grill.
    Yeah a keyboard doesn't mean anything and all the other pics where from a phone without a lighted screen (on purpose i think).

All we have to do is wait

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:39 PM
    If the slider is gonna run BB10 then this will be my first BlackBerry ever (my mum has had the Z30 and currently the Passport). And no, my mum and I are just *regular* end users who like a productive OS. (currently I'm using the Jolla phone with slider keyboard, before that I used the HP Pre 3 slider phone).
    08-16-15 04:40 PM
    Yeah a keyboard doesn't mean anything and all the other pics where from a phone without a lighted screen (on purpose i think).

All we have to do is wait

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard is interesting though, it appears the be a standard BB10 keyboard aside from the voice dictation button being separate from the period. Maybe BB10's voice assistant has been improved.
    08-16-15 04:43 PM
    Yes but that doesn't say it's running Android, it just looks a little different than the current BlackBerry soft keyboard which could either mean it is an android phone or it is an upgraded version of BBOS. Show me something actually saying it is running Android. Even the guy that posted the photo claiming it was running Android said he didn't go into the settings to see so it could very well be either or some kind of hybrid.

Posted via CB10
    16698624 likes this.
    08-16-15 04:54 PM
    No they haven't, people are just assuming it's andriod

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:57 PM
    I wouldn�t be surprised if BlackBerry launches the Slider with both a BB10 version and an Android version, only that the BB10 version won�t have the Android runtime and will be for Department of Defence and other high-security customers.

Only time will tell, but I think all other sales of BB10 consumer devices that have the Android runtime will have to stop after the Slider is being sold, or else be sold without the runtime, due to the OHA/Google rules.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    08-16-15 04:58 PM
    Yes but that doesn't say it's running Android, it just looks a little different than the current BlackBerry soft keyboard which could either mean it is an android phone or it is an upgraded version of BBOS. Show me something actually saying it is running Android. Even the guy that posted the photo claiming it was running Android said he didn't go into the settings to see so it could very well be either or some kind of hybrid.

Posted via CB10
    You my man are a hero...
    So there still is 0 evidence...only proof we got for sure is the slider itself with the beautifull curves screen and speakers

Posted via CB10
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    08-16-15 04:59 PM
    OS itself doesnt generate more/less sales - marketing does. BlackBerry can even have iOS phone, yet it wont matter as the concept of marketing is alien to BlackBerry

Putin Huylo
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    08-16-15 05:15 PM
    Is it going to slide from left to right or bottom to top? If the latter it's going to be a very long phone.

Posted from CB10
    08-16-15 05:26 PM
    In a week there's going to be rumors that it's running windows, then BlackBerry will surprise us by making it run Tizen.

Posted via CB10
    And then they'll put a recall on all of them and run firefox os!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:00 PM
    They just released the Passport SE
    And what new version of BB10 are they using? Oh right, they are using just the current version. So new hardware with existing OS.
    08-16-15 07:52 PM
    I wouldn’t be surprised if BlackBerry launches the Slider with both a BB10 version and an Android version, only that the BB10 version won’t have the Android runtime and will be for Department of Defence and other high-security customers.

Only time will tell, but I think all other sales of BB10 consumer devices that have the Android runtime will have to stop after the Slider is being sold, or else be sold without the runtime, due to the OHA/Google rules.
    Why would the Department of Defense and high-security customers purchase BB10 when BlackBerry has EOLed the OS development?
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-16-15 07:53 PM
    Why would the Department of Defense and high-security customers purchase BB10 when BlackBerry has EOLed the OS development?
    That sounds like an emotional response instead of a logical one.

First, EOL means end of support, not new features. Microsoft calls it mainstream and extended support. I've never heard it used to mean end of development but not critical updates.

Second, if you know anything about large enterprises, they like stable and non-changing, as evidenced by the huge number of Win XP in use so long after extended extended support.

Lastly, it's a very locked down device in high security. They don't need constant feature updates. If it does what they need today, that's it.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime, DaDaDogg and bigjman like this.
    08-16-15 08:12 PM
    Just got full confirmation, the slider WILL be 100% for sure android and no BB10 version planned as of now. And it will be pure vanilla android with bb10 features. GPS as well but I will be able to confirm GPS tmr. Believe me or not but my sources are VERY high up and they have yet to be wrong. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is it. Its real. And I am excited. Part of me is sad as I do love BB10 for its strength BUT I would rather have a blackberry handset rather than no backberry handset at all.
    08-16-15 08:25 PM
    That sounds like an emotional response instead of a logical one.

First, EOL means end of support, not new features. Microsoft calls it mainstream and extended support. I've never heard it used to mean end of development but not critical updates.

Second, if you know anything about large enterprises, they like stable and non-changing, as evidenced by the huge number of Win XP in use so long after extended extended support.

Lastly, it's a very locked down device in high security. They don't need constant feature updates. If it does what they need today, that's it.

Posted via CB10
    EOL (End of Life) and EOS (End of Support) are two different things. Taking a product and stop improving, adding features is EOL, That doesn't mean it stops working or you can get service for it. Just like BBOS phones. They are EOL, but still being used.

Enterprises also want to know that what they choose today will at least function for a few years. The only way that you can know that is if the product is on the radar. There are new things always on the horizon and you waste a roll out if the product is never going to be updated. BlackBerry 10 has been stagnant for 9 months now.
    08-16-15 08:30 PM
    Just got full confirmation, the slider WILL be 100% for sure android and no BB10 version planned as of now. And it will be pure vanilla android with bb10 features. GPS as well but I will be able to confirm GPS tmr. Believe me or not but my sources are VERY high up and they have yet to be wrong. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is it. Its real. And I am excited. Part of me is sad as I do love BB10 for its strength BUT I would rather have a blackberry handset rather than no backberry handset at all.
    Yeah sure. A BlackBerry labeled handset running Android using GPS isn't a BlackBerry. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    08-16-15 08:32 PM
    EOL (End of Life) and EOS (End of Support) are two different things. Taking a product and stop improving, adding features is EOL, That doesn't mean it stops working or you can get service for it. Just like BBOS phones. They are EOL, but still being used.

Enterprises also want to know that what they choose today will at least function for a few years. The only way that you can know that is if the product is on the radar. There are new things always on the horizon and you waste a roll out if the product is never going to be updated. BlackBerry 10 has been stagnant for 9 months now.
    My understanding is BB7 is still getting security updates, so not EOL. Is that not the case?

End of life is not whether product continues to function, it's from company's support perspective.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 08:37 PM
    Yeah sure. A BlackBerry labeled handset running Android using GPS isn't a BlackBerry. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Umm what is it then? So you get to set the definition? Like it or not thats what it is now. Either adopt, stay with current device or jump ship, up to you. As for me, I will be picking up the slider
    MO3iusONE and Witmen like this.
    08-16-15 08:45 PM
    Okay the plain vanilla part threw me off. I was really hoping for a heavy skin, not just the features alone.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 09:26 PM
    Does it include the BlackBerry Experience Suite?
    08-16-15 09:41 PM
283 ... 23456 ...