I thought there was word some time ago that there would be two versions, one with Android and one with BB10...
    08-16-15 08:19 AM
    So, from the sounds of things the OHA agreement only applies to alternate versions of Android. Such as Kindle devices which use Android as a base but fork it. However, technically, BlackBerry devices are not based on Android and basically only happen to contain an app that allows for the playing of Android apps. Therefore, I don't see why BlackBerry wouldn't be able to sell an Android phone while still keeping the Runtime on BB10 devices. In order to dissolve any form of argument, they could also extract the Runtime from the OS and upload it as an app on BlackBerry World.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Hmmm interesting

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 08:22 AM
    He didn't only saying it will runs BB10, but he also speculated that BB10 will get better apps support. This is why everyone talking about google services and since Reuter about Android on the slider, but that is not what John Chen said in LA with NBC Today.

I still have it written down in my notebook april 27
    You're wrong. He didn't say that Slider will run BB10.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000374479

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 09:41 AM
    reddit user = troll
    08-16-15 10:30 AM
    my sources from BB Czech also said they saw the Slider to run BB10
    08-16-15 10:49 AM
    my sources from BB Czech also said they saw the Slider to run BB10
    If it does, it will be another sales flop
    08-16-15 11:00 AM
    If it does, it will be another sales flop
    It depends on what kind of BlackBerry 10....

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:02 AM
    It depends on what kind of BlackBerry 10....

Posted via CB10
    There is only one kind of BB10.
    08-16-15 11:10 AM
    There is only one kind of BB10.
    We will see...
    BlackBerry 10.2.1 also is totalllyyyy different than 10.3.2
    So we will see what the new update will bring

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:12 AM
    We will see...

Posted via CB10
    More so aesthetics than anything else.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:14 AM
    More so aesthetics than anything else.

Posted via CB10
    10.3 is more than aesthethics

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:23 AM
    reddit user = troll
    I agree. On second thoughts, It would be phenomenal if it did actually stick with BB10.
    08-16-15 11:48 AM
    Has anyone mentioned the slider may run both BlackBerry 10 and Android (No hybrid, no dual boot).
    Chen had a way with words and I find you usually have to read between the lines with him. Some of the rumours say the slider runs BlackBerry 10 and others Android so could it be it does both depending on what you choose.
    I've been thinking maybe the slider will allow the option, and first boot, to choose your OS: BlackBerry 10 or Android. Once a decision is made that's it until the phone is wiped. If you choose BlackBerry 10 there is no android runtime for the purists. If you choose android you get some of the BlackBerry 10 features (e.g stripped down hub with email and text only, keyboard no gestures, and no BlackBerry 10 gestures) with GPS for the app heads. Would this be BlackBerry's way to be part of the OHA without causing any legal issues? Would it would meet all the guidelines and requirements from Google? Android on boot screen. No dual boot, Google apps pre-loaded, what else?
    This wouldn't truly push BlackBerry 10 but it may move hardware...and that's what Chen, and BlackBerry, have been looking to happen. For hardware to pick up.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    I don't understand the OHA agreement objection to running Android in a VM on the slider like the QNX hypervisor. Google should be able to negotiate a unique licensing agreement with BlackBerry unless the other members of the OHA somehow own, control, or bind Google's ability to further license. I doubt that. Also, I've used Android in a VM on my PC and, I think, my OSX machines with Google Services.

Posted via CB10
    Graham Miller likes this.
    08-16-15 11:53 AM
    I agree. On second thoughts, It would be phenomenal if it did actually stick with BB10.
    Yes. Especially if BB10 receives significant updates like it should for a release on a device like the Slider.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:54 AM
    Is this a crack-pot theory:
    BlackBerry DOES have hardware with Android installed on it...but purely because they are working with Android/Samsung/whomever to develop the security pieces they have discussed and started promoting (Android Secured website, for example). Running Android on their own hardware gives BlackBerry a much more controlled environment for testing. There are probably some Samsung and LG phones running around with additional BlackBerry software as well, but those don't make the rumor mill.
    I can't imagine BlackBerry would ever install Android onto their phones for commercial use. Given that so many companies don't allow android onto their networks at all, it would be a hard push to suddenly allow a BlackBerry Android onto networks...and what Admin would say, "OH! It's a BlackBerry Android? Sure, I'll just tweak our systems to allow THAT Android phone on...no problem!". Umm, probably not.
    I hope all of this has been smoke and mirrors. There won't be an Android phone made by BlackBerry, but for everyone that chooses Android, I hope BlackBerry makes their choices more secure.

Posted via CB10
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    08-16-15 12:01 PM
    It's going to run both BB10 and Android. Get ready for the QNX hypervisor. Could be cool if true.
    08-16-15 12:47 PM
    Is this a crack-pot theory:
    BlackBerry DOES have hardware with Android installed on it...but purely because they are working with Android/Samsung/whomever to develop the security pieces they have discussed and started promoting (Android Secured website, for example). Running Android on their own hardware gives BlackBerry a much more controlled environment for testing. There are probably some Samsung and LG phones running around with additional BlackBerry software as well, but those don't make the rumor mill.
    I can't imagine BlackBerry would ever install Android onto their phones for commercial use. Given that so many companies don't allow android onto their networks at all, it would be a hard push to suddenly allow a BlackBerry Android onto networks...and what Admin would say, "OH! It's a BlackBerry Android? Sure, I'll just tweak our systems to allow THAT Android phone on...no problem!". Umm, probably not.
    I hope all of this has been smoke and mirrors. There won't be an Android phone made by BlackBerry, but for everyone that chooses Android, I hope BlackBerry makes their choices more secure.

Posted via CB10
    Boy I really hope you know what you're talking about and is true. Though I don't really care as a phone is a phone at the end of the day, I do prefer things that make my day more productive, hopefully there is some sort of bb10 in this

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:07 PM
    No, I don't know what I'm talking about, unfortunately. I'm just trying to fathom BlackBerry changing to Android and it seems mostly insane to do such a thing. So...the next plausible reason "everyone" has seen BB phones with Android is because there ARE phones out there, but they are for research purposes. I know I've always preferred to have total control of my hardware if I need to test software. So...this is more of a really strong hope on my part.
    Android is a horrible OS and a terrible data-mining tool. I won't be buying any device running Android. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 01:26 PM
    It's going to run both BB10 and Android. Get ready for the QNX hypervisor. Could be cool if true.
    From QNX.com:
    QNX� Hypervisor 1.0, a realtime Type 1 hypervisor for medical devices, industrial automation systems, and automotive applications such as car infotainment systems, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and digital instrument clusters....

tell me where you see that this will be used on BlackBerry 10 devices? or did one guy make an assumption and the rest of CB ran with it?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-16-15 01:27 PM
    No, I don't know what I'm talking about, unfortunately. I'm just trying to fathom BlackBerry changing to Android and it seems mostly insane to do such a thing. So...the next plausible reason "everyone" has seen BB phones with Android is because there ARE phones out there, but they are for research purposes. I know I've always preferred to have total control of my hardware if I need to test software. So...this is more of a really strong hope on my part.
    Android is a horrible OS and a terrible data-mining tool. I won't be buying any device running Android. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    i'm with ya.
    08-16-15 01:29 PM
    We will see...

Posted via CB10
    not totally different. and it's still BlackBerry 10 no matter how you look at it. don't know what radical change you're expecting.
    08-16-15 01:34 PM
    not totally different. and it's still BlackBerry 10 no matter how you look at it. don't know what radical change you're expecting.
    Yeah ford fietsa from 2000 is still a ford fiesta, but doesn't Come close to the new one. That's what i mean.

I expect a app fix. Which means we have acces to all Google apps.
    No i don't need android, i'm just expecting this.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:04 PM
    Yeah ford fietsa from 2000 is still a ford fiesta, but doesn't Come close to the new one. That's what i mean.

Posted via CB10
    why did you go the car comparison route
    08-16-15 02:52 PM
    why did you go the car comparison route
    Just to tryyyy to explain to you what i meant with a mayor change coming up and still be BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-16-15 02:53 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is dead. The developer road map has hit a dead end. Developers have been told to develop for Android instead. I would be shocked if BlackBerry released another device running BB10. John Chen has succeeded in killing the OS. And soon he will succeed in killing the entire HW business. Then he can rejoice and be proud of a job well done.
    08-16-15 02:53 PM
283 12345 ...