BlackBerry currently has a piece of the OHA, they haven't been removed yet.
    It's a runtime, not an OS. Very different.
    08-15-15 04:33 PM
    The edge display I got to see. It showed notifications, kind of like the s6 edge, but that's only on the left side. On the right side, it's kind of like a mini hub, itll show what the icon of a motivation is. So there's just columns of notification icons and when you click on one, a little tidbit will be shown on the left side.
    its definitely running android on BB10 skin, that is a android feature, BB10 cant do that
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-15-15 04:42 PM
    its definitely running android on BB10 skin, that is a android feature, BB10 cant do that
    Maybe that is the rumored 10.3.3
    08-15-15 04:45 PM
    It's a runtime, not an OS. Very different.
    That's not what I mean. A BlackBerry holding is still listed as a member of the OHA.
    08-15-15 04:49 PM
    Once that they let one OEM do it, it sets a legal precedent. That don't want others to use this as an example of and OEM breaking the rules.
    Legal precedent is irrelevant, unfortunately, Google can do what it wants with its services it sets the rules, other have to abide by them. These rules are specific to a given partner and renewed at Google's discretion every 2 years.
    08-15-15 04:52 PM
    It's like john said "It runs BB10" what do you people think ?

Everyone believes Reuter after a story about someone knows someone who saw Android on a BlackBerry device. WOW a LAUNCHER?

AFTER THAT STORY we had in a few weeks the Venice, The Passport and Also the Leap running Android.

STILL the STORY goes on and every one still believe Android will coming, YES ANDROID is coming on a Samsung Device , AND YES with BlackBerry support to protected it so far as it goed, but still NOT AS GOOD as a BlackBerry Device

STILL, after pictures of the Venice the first time, JOHN CHEN said to the media that it will RUN BBOS10.
    08-15-15 04:56 PM
    Legal precedent is irrelevant, unfortunately, Google can do what it wants with its services it sets the rules, other have to abide by them. These rules are specific to a given partner and renewed at Google's discretion every 2 years.
    No. There is a set of rules and if Google treats someone differently, a judge can rule that the rules apply to all.
    08-15-15 06:00 PM
    That's not what I mean. A BlackBerry holding is still listed as a member of the OHA.
    That doesn't matter, TAT never released a version of Android. TAT is also no more.
    08-15-15 06:08 PM
    I don't have a problem with it running either OS, be it BB10 or a heavy skinned Android. The problem for me is deciding between the two if they release two variants lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 07:13 PM
    The top row of keys on the images presented here look cramped. For those wanting a full touch device why buy a 'slider', versus simply getting a Leap?
    08-15-15 08:09 PM
    The top row of keys on the images presented here look cramped. For those wanting a full touch device why buy a 'slider', versus simply getting a Leap?
    Better specs, bigger screen, curved edges

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and powereds like this.
    08-15-15 08:26 PM
    Has anyone mentioned the slider may run both BlackBerry 10 and Android (No hybrid, no dual boot).
    Chen had a way with words and I find you usually have to read between the lines with him. Some of the rumours say the slider runs BlackBerry 10 and others Android so could it be it does both depending on what you choose.
    I've been thinking maybe the slider will allow the option, and first boot, to choose your OS: BlackBerry 10 or Android. Once a decision is made that's it until the phone is wiped. If you choose BlackBerry 10 there is no android runtime for the purists. If you choose android you get some of the BlackBerry 10 features (e.g stripped down hub with email and text only, keyboard no gestures, and no BlackBerry 10 gestures) with GPS for the app heads. Would this be BlackBerry's way to be part of the OHA without causing any legal issues? Would it would meet all the guidelines and requirements from Google? Android on boot screen. No dual boot, Google apps pre-loaded, what else?
    This wouldn't truly push BlackBerry 10 but it may move hardware...and that's what Chen, and BlackBerry, have been looking to happen. For hardware to pick up.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    08-15-15 09:16 PM
    Has anyone mentioned the slider may run both BlackBerry 10 and Android (No hybrid, no dual boot).
    Chen had a way with words and I find you usually have to read between the lines with him. Some of the rumours say the slider runs BlackBerry 10 and others Android so could it be it does both depending on what you choose.
    I've been thinking maybe the slider will allow the option, and first boot, to choose your OS: BlackBerry 10 or Android. Once a decision is made that's it until the phone is wiped. If you choose BlackBerry 10 there is no android runtime for the purists. If you choose android you get some of the BlackBerry 10 features (e.g stripped down hub with email and text only, keyboard no gestures, and no BlackBerry 10 gestures) with GPS for the app heads. Would this be BlackBerry's way to be part of the OHA without causing any legal issues? Would it would meet all the guidelines and requirements from Google? Android on boot screen. No dual boot, Google apps pre-loaded, what else?
    This wouldn't truly push BlackBerry 10 but it may move hardware...and that's what Chen, and BlackBerry, have been looking to happen. For hardware to pick up.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    I've started a thread on this a few weeks back.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hoose-1031271/

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    nuff_said likes this.
    08-15-15 09:31 PM
    The reddit guy is not telling the full truth btw

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 09:41 PM
    Why do you say that?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 09:46 PM
    It's like john said "It runs BB10" what do you people think ?

Everyone believes Reuter after a story about someone knows someone who saw Android on a BlackBerry device. WOW a LAUNCHER?

AFTER THAT STORY we had in a few weeks the Venice, The Passport and Also the Leap running Android.

STILL the STORY goes on and every one still believe Android will coming, YES ANDROID is coming on a Samsung Device , AND YES with BlackBerry support to protected it so far as it goed, but still NOT AS GOOD as a BlackBerry Device

STILL, after pictures of the Venice the first time, JOHN CHEN said to the media that it will RUN BBOS10.
    I'm curious where did you hear that Chen said that. Reviewing from the first video Chen tells something about the slider goes like this: "It's keyboard is innovative and it has lots of usage that you all have to wait to see"

Let's just hope the latest leak from Slider was a hoax and going Android is just a joke. But if the leak is true and you prove yourself right about Slider sticks on BB10, BlackBerry is looking to be sued because of using some material design from Android like the back button just below the keyboard.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-15-15 10:04 PM
    Leap is a low end budget phone. Slider is a flag ship device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    illlya likes this.
    08-15-15 10:39 PM
    I'm curious where did you hear that Chen said that. Reviewing from the first video Chen tells something about the slider goes like this: "It's keyboard is innovative and it has lots of usage that you all have to wait to see"

Let's just hope the latest leak from Slider was a hoax and going Android is just a joke. But if the leak is true and you prove yourself right about Slider sticks on BB10, BlackBerry is looking to be sued because of using some material design from Android like the back button just below the keyboard.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    He didn't only saying it will runs BB10, but he also speculated that BB10 will get better apps support. This is why everyone talking about google services and since Reuter about Android on the slider, but that is not what John Chen said in LA with NBC Today.

I still have it written down in my notebook april 27
    7onZ and RubenDM like this.
    08-16-15 12:58 AM
    In a week there's going to be rumors that it's running windows, then BlackBerry will surprise us by making it run Tizen.

Posted via CB10
    Why not WebOS?

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    elfabio80 and EchoesFX like this.
    08-16-15 01:32 AM
    I really hope this Reddit user is speaking the truth because I don't think I'd ever be able to buy a phone running Android!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    08-16-15 01:33 AM
    I know what's going on now! I think I might understand it. This is a real big wait and see moment. My viewpoint and opinion is this:

The slider, by design, is an all-in-one. Metaphorically, it's a pkb device, stripped of a limited vkb that sits above it, and given two, full ways of typing. The best of both worlds, integrated as one, expanding into the other...

Testing of full android independently on a BlackBerry device, sure, why not. It would show how it would fit in as part of a planned end solution. A good way to see things work together, would be separate, then as a whole

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:18 AM
    This guy seems to know the difference between the two as he mentions the passport. Bbos and android are very different if you actually know the two

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:19 AM
    So, from the sounds of things the OHA agreement only applies to alternate versions of Android. Such as Kindle devices which use Android as a base but fork it. However, technically, BlackBerry devices are not based on Android and basically only happen to contain an app that allows for the playing of Android apps. Therefore, I don't see why BlackBerry wouldn't be able to sell an Android phone while still keeping the Runtime on BB10 devices. In order to dissolve any form of argument, they could also extract the Runtime from the OS and upload it as an app on BlackBerry World.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-16-15 07:12 AM
    BlackBerry cannot remove the runtime from bb10. The last few phones sold were on the promise of having access to android apps, hence the Amazon partnership. Removing it would open them up to a whole lot of mess legally.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:22 AM
    No. There is a set of rules and if Google treats someone differently, a judge can rule that the rules apply to all.
    Not that we need another thread on this topic, but...

Google offers to iOS what it refuses to share with some running its own OS. Can't get much more "forked" or "fragmented" than that.
    08-16-15 08:08 AM
283 1234 ...