My Priv just started having pink or reddish vertical lines appear on the screen. It started out as one a few weeks ago, and now it's up to 4 or sometimes 5, so I suppose they will increase as time goes on. I didn't drop the phone or do anything that could damage it. Does anybody know what is causing this, and do I need to replace the screen?
    04-10-19 11:10 PM
    My PRIV did the same thing. I was told that the PRIV having the sliding screen makes it sceptical to wear on the flexible cable that connects to the screen. I detested this theory as I rarely ever slid the screen as I didn't use the physical keyboard much, then they brought up the infamous excuse of dust and dirt getting in to the same cable area. I went and upgraded to the Key2 before my screen on the PRIV was not readable and I would not be able to navigate transferring files to the new phone. However I am still currently using my PRIV for downloading and media use and the screen although having the pink lines on it still functions quite well, luv the PRIV but the Key2 is great !
    04-11-19 07:22 AM
    My Priv just started having pink or reddish vertical lines appear on the screen. It started out as one a few weeks ago, and now it's up to 4 or sometimes 5, so I suppose they will increase as time goes on. I didn't drop the phone or do anything that could damage it. Does anybody know what is causing this, and do I need to replace the screen?
    Based on the age of the PRIV... I'm not sure investing in a repair is the way to go.

Buy a replacement PRIV - used or new. Or better use that as a down payment to move on to a newer device.
    04-11-19 08:15 AM
    Based on the age of the PRIV... I'm not sure investing in a repair is the way to go.

Buy a replacement PRIV - used or new. Or better use that as a down payment to move on to a newer device.
    Exactly!

Either spend like a hundred on another Priv (you can even get a KEYone Silver for that price) or save up a bit more for a KEYone Black Edition or KEY2 LE
    04-11-19 05:19 PM
    PRIV is so easy to disassemble...

1st disassemble it, look at the cable and connectors between the motherboard and display.

Clean them and look if vertical red lines appear again.
    04-12-19 09:11 AM
    hi, my husband had the same thing in his priv, try the pixel fixer app from Google play, let it run for about 10 or 15 minutes and see if it helps - he had to run it a couple of times and seems to have worked.
    04-13-19 12:56 AM
    Have same issue some weeks now, but only one line and is not growing since then. Still trying to get used to it:

/blackberry-priv-f440/thin-red-line-across-screen-hw-defect-1161035/

Won't try this pixel fixer app if you read the comments those pink lines seems to be common on Samsungs (well they sell enough to be always part of the show no matter what) but it seems sometimes the whole display is bricked after that app ran.
    04-14-19 05:02 PM