I have no experience. With smartwatches...am a diehard BlackBerry user, currently. Priv
    user on Verizon and also have Galaxy Note 4.
    Does anyone have a recommendation of which smartwatch is best to use with Priv, function-wise and could make or receive calls , texts (preferably one more attractive for female?)
    03-19-17 04:30 PM
    My bad read what forum this was in incorrectly.

Try here https://www.google.ca/amp/forums.cra...1050681/%3Famp
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-19-17 05:01 PM
    I use a Samsung Gear S3, while my wife has a Gear Fit2 which is more of a fitness tracker, but has some features usually only present on smartwatches like answering to messages (albeit only with predefined messages like "Yes", "No", "OK" etc.). We're both very satisfied and they work great with our Privs.
    Most women would probably find the Gear S3 too large so you might want to look into the older and smaller Gear S2. It has several versions including a rose gold one which I guess most women would find attractive. Unfortunately, you can't take calls on the S2 like on the S3, except perhaps on the 3G version of the watch, I'm not 100% sure.

Most smartwatches are quite large and not really meant for women, you might also want to take a look at Fossils and the new LG Watch Style (though I definitely find that one lacking in features compared to the Samsung Gear S2, plus IMO the Tizen OS which Samsung's watches use is better than Android Wear).

There are also Hybrid smartwatches, which are more like traditional watches with analog hands, but they can alert you of incoming calls and texts, counts steps etc. Fossil has them, Withings Activité is also interesting...

Hope this helps. Have a look at some of these and ask away if you have any more questions.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-19-17 05:16 PM
    As was stated before, most smart watches are quite large. The Moto 360 gen 2 comes in a lady's form, at 42mm, and smaller straps than the men's watch of the same size. This watch will be upgraded to the newest android wear (2.0) It is not available new, but there are sites to pick it up used, manufacturer refurbished, or new old stock. I have seen it on Ebay, Amazon, Newegg. For comparrison sake, I picked up a refurbished Moto 360 gen 1, off groupon, and it has been working well. YMMV
    03-19-17 09:29 PM
    I guess Samsung has the one sale on the S3 around Xmas??? Price hasn't budged since.
    03-19-17 09:29 PM
    I use a vivofit HR from garmin and it works just fine. I get notifications very reliably can control my music player etc
    03-19-17 09:45 PM
    Still using my Pebble. Used it with my Z10 and with my Priv
    FF22 and Baconwich like this.
    03-19-17 11:34 PM
    I have no experience. With smartwatches...am a diehard BlackBerry user, currently. Priv
    user on Verizon and also have Galaxy Note 4.
    Does anyone have a recommendation of which smartwatch is best to use with Priv, function-wise and could make or receive calls , texts (preferably one more attractive for female?)
    I use the Michael Kors Access which is made by Fossil. No complaints!
    03-20-17 04:29 AM
    I guess Samsung has the one sale on the S3 around Xmas??? Price hasn't budged since.
    Actually, back down this week. $50 off.

I picked one up. Still deciding. Somethings are confusing me (not hard). For instance I got a map on it but then can't find it again.

Then the darn thing was babbling to me on yesterday's hike. I guess I entered JOG so it kept telling me to up the pace and going well, and just stop if too tired..... I could not figure out how to stop it!!!
    04-01-17 02:11 PM
    I use a Samsung Gear S3, while my wife has a Gear Fit2 which is more of a fitness tracker, but has some features usually only present on smartwatches like answering to messages (albeit only with predefined messages like "Yes", "No", "OK" etc.). We're both very satisfied and they work great with our Privs.
    Most women would probably find the Gear S3 too large so you might want to look into the older and smaller Gear S2. It has several versions including a rose gold one which I guess most women would find attractive. Unfortunately, you can't take calls on the S2 like on the S3, except perhaps on the 3G version of the watch, I'm not 100% sure.

Most smartwatches are quite large and not really meant for women, you might also want to take a look at Fossils and the new LG Watch Style (though I definitely find that one lacking in features compared to the Samsung Gear S2, plus IMO the Tizen OS which Samsung's watches use is better than Android Wear).

There are also Hybrid smartwatches, which are more like traditional watches with analog hands, but they can alert you of incoming calls and texts, counts steps etc. Fossil has them, Withings Activité is also interesting...

Hope this helps. Have a look at some of these and ask away if you have any more questions.
    The problem with most of the hybrids are the associated apps. Most only allow you to pick notifications from calls and texts. Unfortunately, the Priv sends text notifications from the hub, not the actual sms app. I had a Skagen hybrid and couldn't get any text notifications because the app wouldn't let me choose the hub to get notifications from. Only smart watches that allow you to select what apps send notifications to the watch will work with the Priv (unless you choose not to use the hub with your phone).
    04-01-17 03:12 PM
    Just logged back in here, still haven't purchased one yet, where is the Gear S3 on sale for $50 off? Also, is like one that can function as a speaking nav while driving, if that's possible?, ( my 2004 Ford Escape XLT car doesn't have one built in.)
    I don't know if the following is a consideration. Or not but I'm on Vzn, so if it matters, anyone know which work on cdma Verizon with the Priv and have speaking navi available?
    04-02-17 06:24 PM
    Just logged back in here, still haven't purchased one yet, where is the Gear S3 on sale for $50 off? Also, is like one that can function as a speaking nav while driving, if that's possible?, ( my 2004 Ford Escape XLT car doesn't have one built in.)
    I don't know if the following is a consideration. Or not but I'm on Vzn, so if it matters, anyone know which work on cdma Verizon with the Priv and have speaking navi available?
    Sorry, it was on sale last week. I got it at Best buy but it was also on sale at Samsung's site.

I have not tried it for navigation yet. I don't believe it talks but apparently can alert with beeps or vibration. The damn thing does talk while logging a run or walk. I think I figured out how to silence it. "Pick up your pace" "1 mile in 21 minutes" etc.

On the Priv, I've used Google Maps and Waze. They work on my Verizon Priv.

Got the hang of the Gear S3 gps while walking today. A screen capture from the Gear and another of the S-health app running on the phone.

recommendation which smartwatch is best to use with Priv-screenshot_20170402-111625.jpg

recommendation which smartwatch is best to use with Priv-screen-20170402105044.png
    04-02-17 07:26 PM
    Satisfied Samsung Gear S2 user for a year...Priv and S Health program pair with watch and work great!
    04-02-17 08:00 PM
    The problem with most of the hybrids are the associated apps. Most only allow you to pick notifications from calls and texts. Unfortunately, the Priv sends text notifications from the hub, not the actual sms app. I had a Skagen hybrid and couldn't get any text notifications because the app wouldn't let me choose the hub to get notifications from. Only smart watches that allow you to select what apps send notifications to the watch will work with the Priv (unless you choose not to use the hub with your phone).
    I don't think that's true. I didn't pick anything specific with my garmin. I just set what I wanted to receive from the phone to the app within the Garmin app. Do you want texts OK. Do you want incoming call OK. BBM isn't an option but you should get texts at the least. It doesn't come from the hub, rather the hub gives you one place to access different apps.
    04-02-17 08:35 PM
    I don't think that's true. I didn't pick anything specific with my garmin. I just set what I wanted to receive from the phone to the app within the Garmin app. Do you want texts OK. Do you want incoming call OK. BBM isn't an option but you should get texts at the least. It doesn't come from the hub, rather the hub gives you one place to access different apps.
    I replaced the Skagen with a Garmin Fenix and it works because the Garmin app allowed me to pick the hub to send notifications.
    04-02-17 08:41 PM
    I replaced the Skagen with a Garmin Fenix and it works because the Garmin app allowed me to pick the hub to send notifications.
    Same with the Gear S3 - I added the Hub. I also added and get BBM notices on it. Today my Calendar alerted and I selected SNOOZE at which point it suggested I look at the phone. The snooze screen was up on the phone and I chose 60 minutes.
    04-02-17 09:18 PM
    Well apparently it's different for different watches then. Hub was never a choice for me. I can't respond to texts with mine though, only read
    04-02-17 10:07 PM
    Well, I guess my electronic gadgets extends past just phones, because I just received my Zenwatch2 last week. I really like the metal strap,(gunmetal ) and how long the battery life is more than one day. Of course, I still really like the long battery life and lightness of the Pebble time..... No, I will only wear one watch at a time..... the other wrist is for my Garmin vivofit2. LOL
    Both of my android wear devices, and the Pebble work well with the Priv for notifications, controlling music, etc.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-03-17 01:10 PM
    I use the LG watch and I love it. Works perfectly with the Priv and is much smaller than most other watches.
    04-04-17 03:01 AM
    Ok, so I love my smartwatches. I had an apple watch for the brief time I had an Iphone, and now that I have my Priv I am using the Huawei Watch for nicer events and such. I also use the Huawei FIT for my exercise, and sometimes...I wear both. I love the easy release bands and I love the look of them. If you want a fitness band in a more watch like appearance that is small, check out huawei fit.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-04-17 12:11 PM
    I've had over five smart watches these past four years starting from the seminal year of the Cukoo watch. The Cukoo only showed flashing icons on its e-ink dial of basic phone apps whenever a notification comes in, and then you still had to pull out your phone to see the actual notification. I then had the Toq and then the Moto 360 and LG G watches. I also had the first Gen Samsung Gear Fit and now the Gear Fit 2.

The Cukoo could last months since it drew minimal power. Main battery was for the watch itself to keep time. That could last years. A second battery powered the e-ink dial that displayed notification icons on the watch dial. That one could last almost a year.

The Toq with a color e-ink was truly revolutionary. But with its proprietary firmware, that really sealed its fate. No development was done on that watch. Pity because the Toq could last a week on a single charge on its qi powered dock.

My main annoyance with the android wear powered Moto and LG was battery life. Daily charging was too much of a hassle. When I got the Samsung Gear Fit, I realized the only functionality I really needed was message notifications on a wrist gadget. As long as I could read entire message content without having to take out my phone out of my pocket, I was a happy camper. For this purpose alone, I found the proprietary OS of the Gear Fit first Gen and my current Gen 2 absolutely perfect. A huge plus is the battery life which can extend to three days. The Gen 2 works perfectly on my Priv.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-09-17 01:53 AM