Hello Everyone,

I have done numerous searches about the Boot Loop issues which has affected many people. My Priv suddenly went into the continues reboot loop since last Sunday (October 22nd).

Currently
    1. The phone keeps looping without pressing the power button
    2. Pressing and holding the volume down button (ONLY the volume down button) brings up the boot load menu option. Once in this menu, I am NOT able to navigate to the selections and the phone goes back into the reboot loops
    3. I have held the power button and volume down - same as #2 above
    4. I have held the volume up button ONLY - this brings up the Android robot w/ "Error"
    5. I have held the power button and mute button - brings up yellow screen telling to do 15s power button
    6. I have held the mute button ONLY - same as #5 above then tried #8 below
    7. I have tried holding the power button ONLY for 3 seconds - NOTHING happens
    8. I have tried holding the power button ONLY for 15 seconds - NOTHING happens. Tried this after holding the mute key down for a few seconds
    9. I have tried holding the power button ONLY for 32 seconds - NOTHING happens
    10. I have followed BB notes on how to reload the OS by installing the USB drivers and downloading the autoloader .zip file (using a MAC). Everything works fine till I use Terminal and run the commands but the phone will NOT stay on the fastboot mode long enough for the reload to even start.
    11. I have also tried many other button combinations over the last few days with no success
    12. I have let the battery drain
    13. It does not want to seem to charge after the battery was drained
    14. I have had the boot loop issue twice before but it stopped very quickly and everything was back to normal

What may have caused this? I have used my PRIV for running over the last 1.5 years with no issues. A bit of sweat gets on it and it works fine. I did a recent half marathon and the usual sweat on the phone (phone is placed in my running tights so not a lot of sweat gets through). It worked as usual hours after the race. Then out of nowhere, the reboot looping issue starts.

It seems to me that the power button may be the issue. I have read a post where an OP mentioned that he felt the power button is ALWAYS in a "pressed state". I have yet to open the phone up through a professional.

Paying the $35US for the BB support is my last resort. They will have me go through the same steps I already tried. I paid $900CDN for this phone in June of 2016 so warranty is long gone.

Anyone know of any Hail Mary trick I can use to get this baby back to life? :-(

Thanks in advance!
    10-25-17 04:59 PM
    This seems to be an issue with many devices, my cousin had this happen to his Priv and I have seen this issue pop up in the forums as well.

In my cousins case his device was under warranty and when he contacted BlackBerry support, they asked if there was any device damage. His screen was cracked and right there and then they said nothing they can do and pretty much absolved themselves of the issue.

Since he had a brand new Priv as a backup, he wasn't too pissed off and just went with the new device and the cost of repairing the screen is almost as much as a brand new phone on Amazon.

Perhaps some BlackBerry Priv owners should contact the head of devices, Alex Thurber with regards to this. At the end of the day BlackBerry has a legal obligation to honor it warranty and although they are technically not in the hardware business, they have a vested interest in continuing to sell BlackBerry branded devices via their licensing agreement with their global partners. I know Alex is on Twitter so fire him off a message and see if he can help.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-17 06:21 PM
    Hey curves2000,

Thanks for the response and agree 100%.! I pinged another forum member who had the exact same issue and he told me how he resolved his issue. In his situation, it was a hardware issue than software. He mentioned, it was as if the power button was permanently & physically pressed and entered into the reloops. He replaced the button assembly (together with the wiring and the connector) and that did the trick.

I will search for a repair shop that can do something like this. I will contact BB and see if they have approved repair shops in Toronto.

Will post the results when completed.

Thanks
    10-26-17 10:12 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I have done numerous searches about the Boot Loop issues which has affected many people. My Priv suddenly went into the continues reboot loop since last Sunday (October 22nd).

Currently
    1. The phone keeps looping without pressing the power button
    2. Pressing and holding the volume down button (ONLY the volume down button) brings up the boot load menu option. Once in this menu, I am NOT able to navigate to the selections and the phone goes back into the reboot loops
    3. I have held the power button and volume down - same as #2 above
    4. I have held the volume up button ONLY - this brings up the Android robot w/ "Error"
    5. I have held the power button and mute button - brings up yellow screen telling to do 15s power button
    6. I have held the mute button ONLY - same as #5 above then tried #8 below
    7. I have tried holding the power button ONLY for 3 seconds - NOTHING happens
    8. I have tried holding the power button ONLY for 15 seconds - NOTHING happens. Tried this after holding the mute key down for a few seconds
    9. I have tried holding the power button ONLY for 32 seconds - NOTHING happens
    10. I have followed BB notes on how to reload the OS by installing the USB drivers and downloading the autoloader .zip file (using a MAC). Everything works fine till I use Terminal and run the commands but the phone will NOT stay on the fastboot mode long enough for the reload to even start.
    11. I have also tried many other button combinations over the last few days with no success
    12. I have let the battery drain
    13. It does not want to seem to charge after the battery was drained
    14. I have had the boot loop issue twice before but it stopped very quickly and everything was back to normal

What may have caused this? I have used my PRIV for running over the last 1.5 years with no issues. A bit of sweat gets on it and it works fine. I did a recent half marathon and the usual sweat on the phone (phone is placed in my running tights so not a lot of sweat gets through). It worked as usual hours after the race. Then out of nowhere, the reboot looping issue starts.

It seems to me that the power button may be the issue. I have read a post where an OP mentioned that he felt the power button is ALWAYS in a "pressed state". I have yet to open the phone up through a professional.

Paying the $35US for the BB support is my last resort. They will have me go through the same steps I already tried. I paid $900CDN for this phone in June of 2016 so warranty is long gone.

Anyone know of any Hail Mary trick I can use to get this baby back to life? :-(

Thanks in advance!
    I had the same issue and I spoke to blackberry support and they fixed the issue
    10-27-17 02:05 PM
    I had the same issue and I spoke to blackberry support and they fixed the issue
    Hey naorrazla

Can you share with us how BB Support fixed the issue? Was it one of the steps I outlined above? Did you pay the $35US fee?

I currently sent my phone to a repair shop and waiting on a response. Hope it goes well.

Thanks
    10-30-17 12:12 PM
    Hey naorrazla

Can you share with us how BB Support fixed the issue? Was it one of the steps I outlined above? Did you pay the $35US fee?

I currently sent my phone to a repair shop and waiting on a response. Hope it goes well.

Thanks
    Yes I payed $35 and they did step by step with me
    11-01-17 09:53 AM
    I have the same issue. not resolved yet.
    Blackberry support told me to use the volume up and down (or was it the power key?) keys to change the selection when you get the bootloader menu. Power button to select. That's all I got from them during the call - I was to monitor the phone. Or to continue with more support, the charge applied.
    11-05-17 04:28 PM