Right guys and girls he are my thoughts on this.
    Blackberry has chosen the android route basically to help bbos10 get into the consumers hands right your probably thinking how.
    Well in my eyes it's simple bbos 10 is a little unknown entity that people just don't know about any more (what BlackBerry still make phones) the response I get when I pull out my passport. What android will do for BlackBerry is get the name back out there and people will be curious to where have blackberry been.
    This in turn will interest a number of people to dig a little deeper and finally unearth an OS that as been overlooked and badly sold.
    If they get the features right on the slider you will find people curios enough to try the bbos10 and realise the true feel of the most overlooked OS out there.
    Just my thoughts on why it will help in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 05:40 PM
    Here's what they'll see when they dig a little deeper:

The Venice is a great phone.
    The Passport is a good phone, but BB10 half-heartedly runs Android apps.
    Everything else is **** and not worth the money because specs specs specs.

That is what they will see. When the Venice releases, the Venice will stand alone.
    09-20-15 05:45 PM
    Make money selling them the stuff they want, then sell them what they need... ;-P

•   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   •
    saxxman and muindor like this.
    09-20-15 05:45 PM
    The days of BB10 as a consumer OS is dead. Venice if it is a success just puts coins in the meter for the hardware division, it really doesn't do anything to introduce the public to BB10 because a successful Venice means more models with secured Android.
    09-20-15 05:54 PM
    Yeah sorry but that's not gonna happen. People aren't going to seek out another BB just because they happen to like and Android phone that they are using. All that is going to do is confuse people. If they buy the slider and don't know about BB10 then wouldn't they assume that the other Blackberry's are running Android as well? If they did happen to purchase one and see the workarounds they have to go through to get the Android apps they are used to then it will be a return.
    09-20-15 06:31 PM
    BlackBerry has chosen the Android route because it is the only way forward. Consumers who buy the Venice will get an Android OS, something they are familiar with, plus some BlackBerry features added, which hopefully they will find value in.

BB10 will slowly fade, just as BBOS7 has. Those who want to stay with BB10 will stay with it as long as they can. Those who try the Venice and like it won't be moving to BB10 because any new BB10 phones won't have the Android runtime.
    09-20-15 06:32 PM
    While I like BB10, the Android BlackBerry is the only OS that will succeed in today's environment. It has a base that would not be concerned about change. I want the device to succeed as much as anyone here and only through Android will that happen. Otherwise the Passport, classic or Z devices should have already been a success if the HW was the reason people wanted those devices. The OS having roots to bbos7 I think just had an old outdated taste in most people's mind. BB10 has appeal to some, but so many are tied to the app ecosystem and Android has that.

I will probably add the Venice to my collection as I had for the Z10, Z30, Passport 1st and AT&T version.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 06:56 PM
    Blackberry has chosen the android route basically to help bbos10 get into the consumers hands
    Every single post that says this makes me laugh.
    Who said anything about Android for consumers, every acquisition and direction points to the BlackBerry/Android for a larger footprint in business. This isn't a Android phone for the philistine market.

Z10 10.3.1.2267 via CB10
    09-20-15 10:57 PM
    BlackBerry (Chen) has already decided to EOL BlackBerry 10 OS. Anyone who thinks different is fooling themselves.
    09-20-15 11:03 PM
    BlackBerry (Chen) has already decided to EOL BlackBerry 10 OS. Anyone who thinks different is fooling themselves.

Z10 10.3.1.2267 via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails The reason bbos 10 needs android is not just survival.-beef-300x282.jpeg  
    09-20-15 11:14 PM