By the time this thing gets announced and made available for purchase, all the hype and excitement will be gone. Typical Blackberry style, always last to get products to market - Every other major company, except for Microsoft which will do so Oct 6 has already announced their new phones, and in most cases made the phones available for purchase already. Having being a BB user since day one, I am really getting tired of practically begging them to launch something new and will take a look at the new WP10's next week.
    extisis and Blacklatino like this.
    10-03-15 01:34 PM
    The reality is that BlackBerry just wants to make very profitable devices, meaning lots sold with great margins.
    10-03-15 05:56 PM
    Reality : BlackBerry sell android phone, there is no sign of major updates for BlackBerry 10 now.
    Sales of BlackBerry 10 device keep going down every quarter
    Cool story bro.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    10-03-15 06:00 PM
    Reality....bb doesn't want to sell phones anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 07:24 PM
    By the time this thing gets announced and made available for purchase, all the hype and excitement will be gone. Typical Blackberry style, always last to get products to market - Every other major company, except for Microsoft which will do so Oct 6 has already announced their new phones, and in most cases made the phones available for purchase already. Having being a BB user since day one, I am really getting tired of practically begging them to launch something new and will take a look at the new WP10's next week.
    It has been way too long between the first preview at MWC back in the Spring and the release. Talk about leaving time for all the hype to deflate.

Hopefully, they'll get the phone out on schedule, ahead of the Christmas buying rush, with enough units available to satisfy demand.

Hopefully.
    10-03-15 07:27 PM
    Incoming Loyalists...
    check.

village comedian. check.
    chalx likes this.
    10-03-15 07:51 PM
    Average Joe ain't interested with tedious workarounds. Should work right out of the box.

Posted via C5303
    What does that mean? I can watch YouTube video's either off my Browser or using a 3rd party app like FastTube. And then play NBA JAM without missing a best.

No work around there. Both apps available in BlackBerry World to boot!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Allanon89 and BerryRipe like this.
    10-03-15 09:16 PM
    IMHO - I believe even if Priv is successful, that Chen will dump the handset business anyway so he can focus resources on MDM - and the end goal for that is to sell the company once he has established at least baseline revenue and presence in the MDM space.

For this reason - in spite of being a loyal BlackBerry user for many years, and even though the Priv is quite appealing - I will be moving to another hardware platform. I am not excited to spend $800 on a Priv, and then have it turn out to be non- supported hardware and/or poor OS support because BlackBerry has bailed out of the device business.

Via CB10 - Z10-10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-03-15 09:18 PM
    I keep seeing posts regarding hope for the Priv's success because then BlackBerry will have the money to continue developing BB10. The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it sounds. Money has never been a problem for BlackBerry. The last few years they've had little to no debt and sat on 2-3 billion in cash. Money for development was never an issue and will not save it down the road. I'm fairly confident that if the Priv is successful, Chen would be fired instantly for taking the profit and allocating it to their older products deemed failures. He's a smart guy, so we know he wouldn't do that. Spending money to credit android OS's to run on legacy devices also won't happen because the whole reason they are moving to android is to boost new phone sales. The way I see it, the company is now all-in on android and best case scenario is we see a few necessary security updates and maybe an android run-time update for the legacy devices over the next year, but little to no new features as development resources will have to be spent making android more BlackBerry-like. #endrant

Reality is a state of mind. I have no problem with you sharing your opinion.... but i do have concerns with your state of reality.
    When's the last time you had it checked???

10-03-15 09:30 PM
    I really hope BB10 dies for the consumer space..

I'm tired of carrying an android and a BB10 device just to get me by for the week. One for emails/productivity and the other for gaming, youtube, and just general downtime.
    You're making a fool of yourself here - why are you still using two phones? Isn't your Android enough for your needs? So why still carry your useless, crappy BB10 phone? PKB? Hahahaha.

When it's finally EOL'ed I will celebrate by burning my Z30 in a bonfire (after I remove the SD card of course).
    Why don't you burn it right now? It looks like you bought the wrong device and still haven't overcome your disappointment.

This, or trolling.
    10-04-15 08:16 AM
    My take on this is that as long as Blackberry issues any bug fixes and security patches, that crop up for at least two years for(Passport, leap and Classic) then all is good, as long as they don't put out a fix that screws up the phone. All you can expect nowadays is two good years of full usage of your device. The way BB10 is now, you could easily go more that two years as long as the device does not die. You could probably even fix your Z30 if for example the screen cracks.So after that period is over if Blackberry still puts out devices, You can upgrade to the latest and greatest. Also by then if the Priv, is still being produced all the bugs and design refreshes will be done.
    10-04-15 08:45 AM
    Allanon89, stop being a troll. I have a Blackberry Z30 and it does not have PKB. Compared to the Android phone the UI is fast fluid more organised and makes the Android look sick. So what the author should of said is The BB10 phone is great compared to the Android, but it is lacking apps, so that why i have to use two phones. Just using Android does not make for a very satisfying experience. Also i agree BB10 will be gone, so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope Blackberry makes the Android Priv, as useful and secure as a Z30 for example, so that dufuses like you can see what areal phone should be.
    10-04-15 08:56 AM
    How many times have we seen this pre-launch hype......hype for new devices? Then, we never see(or minimal) any advertisement on the boob-tube?

BlackBerry is focused on survival- not BB10. IMO. Cash on hand is cool. If it can't be(or not allowed) to be used for marketing......it's nothing to brag about. Z30 is one of their best selling Smartphones with minimal push from anyone. Two years old and still selling. Most still don't have a clue about it. Go Figure.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-04-15 11:05 AM
    BlackBerry is focused on survival- not BB10. IMO. Cash on hand is cool. If it can't (or not allowed) to be used for marketing......it's nothing to brag about. Z30 is one of their best selling Smartphones with minimal push from anyone. Two years old and still selling. Most still don't have a clue about it. Go Figure.
    The hands-off approach to marketing is reflected in the valuation: I think at this time the valuation is basically the bare assets (which includes the cash), maybe even less.

What the Slider running Android may prove is that some of their security and hardware patents have a value: the more "stock" the Android build on the Slider is, and if the Slider does well, then there will be market validation of BlackBerry's keyboard and security patents, which will hopefully be reflected in the share price. Frankly it will probably come as a huge surprise to analysts the world over, and there may even be a significant spike in the share price (if sales of the Slider running Android are significantly good.)
    10-04-15 11:42 AM
    The hands-off approach to marketing is reflected in the valuation: I think at this time the valuation is basically the bare assets (which includes the cash), maybe even less.

What the Slider running Android may prove is that some of their security and hardware patents have a value: the more "stock" the Android build on the Slider is, and if the Slider does well, then there will be market validation of BlackBerry's keyboard and security patents, which will hopefully be reflected in the share price. Frankly it will probably come as a huge surprise to analysts the world over, and there may even be a significant spike in the share price (if sales of the Slider running Android are significantly good.)
    Yeah, my issue has always been RIM/BlackBerries advertisement. As far as the cash on hand, I posted that because that is a major plug for BlackBerry by some members. Three years ago it also included BlackBerry had 70 million customers. I still think there should be a few non-carrier specific infomercials about this sexy new Android/BlackBerry beast called the Priv. With someone other than at&t getting it, we may see some interesting commercials. I plan on getting two.....eventually.
    10-04-15 10:28 PM
    I think android can save blackberry, the competition is stiff though. I mean in the past month so much has been announced. Motorola has announced their phones, Samsung has their Note 5, LG just announced the V10, and also let's not forget the Nexus phones.

I mean these are some heavy hitters that blackberry is going up against.

If it wasn't for the physically keyboard I don't think blackberry would have a chance but I think they need more than just that. I really hope their take on Android manages to impress and wow users.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    astrodan13 likes this.
    10-04-15 10:37 PM
    I think android can save blackberry, the competition is stiff though. I mean in the past month so much has been announced. Motorola has announced their phones, Samsung has their Note 5, LG just announced the V10, and also let's not forget the Nexus phones.

I mean these are some heavy hitters that blackberry is going up against.

If it wasn't for the physically keyboard I don't think blackberry would have a chance but I think they need more than just that. I really hope their take on Android manages to impress and wow users.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    how exactly do you think that'll happen when there is zero marketing for said phone? this is BBRY's hail mary in the headset business- you think they'd care a little more about spreading the word. Just having the keyboard won't convince anyone that doesn't even know about it.
    10-04-15 10:50 PM
    You're making a fool of yourself here - why are you still using two phones? Isn't your Android enough for your needs? So why still carry your useless, crappy BB10 phone? PKB? Hahahaha.
    I need a PKB for communication.. can't type on an android screen unless its me doing a quick search for something. I much prefer Android(more apps), I can do banking, social media, and general downtime stuff when I get my Priv.

Upon arrival of the Priv I'll factory reset my Classic and wont even sideload anything. I'll use it strictly for the business day to day operations, emails and phone calls primarily. But really looking forward to the Priv so I can leave the Classic for work needs on my desk or in my car. God only knows no thief will steal it, lmao.
    10-05-15 12:16 AM
    I need a PKB for communication.. can't type on an android screen unless its me doing a quick search for something. I much prefer Android(more apps), I can do banking, social media, and general downtime stuff when I get my Priv.

Upon arrival of the Priv I'll factory reset my Classic and wont even sideload anything. I'll use it strictly for the business day to day operations, emails and phone calls primarily. But really looking forward to the Priv so I can leave the Classic for work needs on my desk or in my car. God only knows no thief will steal it, lmao.
    Good luck.
    10-05-15 01:31 AM
    The die hard fan should finally realize that BB can�t live on those. BB needs momentum through mass - and that mass is what Android offers.
    I am only playing around with my wifes BB Classic now and then and so far the only thing I really liked is the keyboard (impressive - I can write completely blind now). App support is catastrophic and customizability is lacking on every level.
    BB10 catered to BB users - not to anyone using iOS or Android and that was a mistake. BB users were company users and those companies switched to iOS - counting on corporate is not working anymore.
    We replaced all our 10.000 BB devices in 2011 with Iphones. We do still use BB MDM but thats about it.
    I welcome an Android powered BB because it will finally give me a keyboard and make my life easier - along with being able to use my most important apps (audible, google photos and gmail that is).
    10-05-15 02:07 AM
    If android successful this will entail success SO - BB 's
    10-05-15 02:14 AM
    We replaced all our 10.000 BB devices in 2011 with Iphones. We do still use BB MDM but thats about it.
    I welcome an Android powered BB because it will finally give me a keyboard and make my life easier - along with being able to use my most important apps (audible, google photos and gmail that is).
    I don't suppose you have any metrics on how quickly emails were responded to on BB vs. iPhone? or how many emails per day were sent by staff using BB vs. iPhone? It's all well and good to say that corporate users are 'just as productive' on iPhone as on BB devices, but there actually are ways to measure it... not bulletproof analysis, but still, if the number of emails per user per day drops or rises by 30 percent, that does say something.
    10-05-15 09:02 AM
    Ironically, it's not Android that's going to save BlackBerry: it's BLACKBERRY that's going to save BlackBerry. By that I mean:
    - top quality PKB
    - security
    - BB device design mission (build quality, long battery life, attractive, "phone" functionality, communications-first)

Oddly, what Android does is remove a SALES INHIBITOR, it isn't actually "BlackBerry".

I think if you build your entire product design and marketing strategy around "eliminating sales inhibitors", YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

It's a baffling bizarro strategy to some extent, but yes, there are Android users who want some BlackBerry mojo on their daily driver, so this could work out well bringing in revenue for BlackBerry, at the cost of, well, their "soul" if you can call it that.

If you've read the Golden Compass, you might know what I mean when I feel like BlackBerry Board of Directors should be called the BlackBerry Oblation Board of Directors.

This coming from someone who thinks BB10 is fine just as it is, and what BlackBerry needs to do is find more people like me, not try to pursue customers that DON'T like BB products. Are there enough people like me? Well, do we think that 100% of the people who would prefer BlackBerry 10 or iOS over Android are actually USING BB10? No, I don't think that. Do we think it's "hard" to find those other users for whom BB10 would be a great fit and provide a great experience? Yes, it's hard. Adopting Android is the 'easy way out'. And it is a way out.
    dusanvn and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-05-15 10:16 AM
    What does that mean? I can watch YouTube video's either off my Browser or using a 3rd party app like FastTube. And then play NBA JAM without missing a best.

No work around there. Both apps available in BlackBerry World to boot!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    so both apps outweigh the numerous complaints on missing bank apps, Microsoft office, crappy Facebook app, snapchat, etc.

okidoki.

A3-A20
    10-05-15 10:20 AM
    so both apps outweigh the numerous complaints on missing bank apps, Microsoft office, crappy Facebook app, snapchat, etc.

okidoki.

A3-A20
    Yes it does Johnny ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 02:16 PM
72 123