Incoming Loyalists...
    I'm 1 of them, and I'm not going to dispute the facts. It is what it is and I for 1 will keep using BlackBerry 10 for as long as it fills my needs. When the day comes to move on, I'll deal with that then.

Who knows, I might just get brain cancer and die due to radiation from my ongoing cell phone addiction before I need to give up BB10.

So, someone might actually get to pry if from my cold dead fingers...

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    dusanvn, astrodan13 and BerryRipe like this.
    10-05-15 10:39 PM
    Heck, I'm still using my BlackBerry PlayBook for gods sake. Not for everything but it still serves a purpose for me.

*Sent from my BlackBerry � PlayBook ™, yeah really...
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-06-15 11:30 AM
    So if you all on this thread think BB10 is crap, why are you here?
    This is a BlackBerry site, not a BB10 site.

Supporting the shift to Android is not the same as suggesting BB10 is "crap".

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-06-15 11:36 AM
    It's a baffling bizarro strategy to some extent, but yes, there are Android users who want some BlackBerry mojo on their daily driver, so this could work out well bringing in revenue for BlackBerry, at the cost of, well, their "soul" if you can call it that.

This coming from someone who thinks BB10 is fine just as it is, and what BlackBerry needs to do is find more people like me, not try to pursue customers that DON'T like BB products. Are there enough people like me? Well, do we think that 100% of the people who would prefer BlackBerry 10 or iOS over Android are actually USING BB10? No, I don't think that. Do we think it's "hard" to find those other users for whom BB10 would be a great fit and provide a great experience? Yes, it's hard. Adopting Android is the 'easy way out'. And it is a way out.
    Below are how many people like you are left using BB10........ and the trend is going down.

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012

2015Q2__0.4%
    2014Q2__0.7%
    2013Q2__1.2%
    2012Q2__6.1%
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-06-15 11:48 AM
    BB10 is going the way of BBOS.

Are there still devices out there being sold and used with BBOS? Yes.
    Is BBOS essentially discontinued? Yes.
    10-06-15 11:49 AM
    I have yet to have anyone explain why I would ever buy a BlackBerry Android phone and not another Android phone. A BlackBerry Android phone is a waste of time and effort. I can tell you that they will never sell more than 1 million per quarter of the Priv.
    extisis likes this.
    10-06-15 12:41 PM
    Below are how many people like you are left using BB10........ and the trend is going down.

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012

2015Q2__0.4%
    2014Q2__0.7%
    2013Q2__1.2%
    2012Q2__6.1%
    So, of the 1.5 billion users of smart phones, there are still 6 million BB10 users? And potentially of that 1.5 billion users, there are millions more who would prefer BB10 if they were aware of it? Sounds like enough to sustain a business, if you ask me!

But of course that 6 million is a bunch of BBOS users who just underscore how BB BoD and management totally botched the job.

The Android strategy has the irrelevance baked right in. They are in fact supplying the main ingredient, by way of making what were BB10 "features" available on other platforms. So, I expect there to be a spike in revenue and the share price, and then resumption of the steady decline.
    10-06-15 12:45 PM
    This is a BlackBerry site, not a BB10 site.

Supporting the shift to Android is not the same as suggesting BB10 is "crap".

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Don't confuse the already confused any more than they're confused already!
    10-07-15 12:14 PM
    Don't confuse the already confused any more than they're confused already!
    *Mind Blown!!*

anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-07-15 12:30 PM
    History: Neither has BB10.
    10-07-15 02:25 PM
    I traveled to the 2nd quarter of 2017 last night and discovered that the Priv will be a success, they renamed it in December (2015) to the BB Blade. All of BB10 was discontinued as market share dwindled to nothing as everyone moved to Android. Interesting thing I found, BlackBerry got into the business of securing electronic doors within business's (wallmart, sobeys, Safeway ect). (Yes it seems far fetched but 2017 has alot of tech advances) and to sum it up, BB has yet to reach Google and Apple but it is alot closer then it is today.

By the way, Justin Trudeau is PM (2017) - unfortunately

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-15 02:40 PM
    I traveled to the 2nd quarter of 2017 last night and discovered that the Priv will be a success, they renamed it in December (2015) to the BB Blade. All of BB10 was discontinued as market share dwindled to nothing as everyone moved to Android. Interesting thing I found, BlackBerry got into the business of securing electronic doors within business's (wallmart, sobeys, Safeway ect). (Yes it seems far fetched but 2017 has alot of tech advances) and to sum it up, BB has yet to reach Google and Apple but it is alot closer then it is today.

I would've bought a lottery ticket in Q2 2017 instead of wasting my time finding out the fate of BB.
    10-07-15 05:17 PM

Ya know, after reading about your time jump, I got into my Time Zone Continuum Jump Thingy and went to 2018. Earths "Higher Intelligence" had been totally wiped out along with everything mobile and taken over by The Machines.
    I barely made it back here.

There IS one good thing about the future. It happens ONE DAY AT A TIME!
    10-07-15 05:39 PM
    So eventually government will lose security because they are now forced to use Android vs BB10?

They don't need to pour money into the R&D on BB10 right now. The structure is already there and all they have to do is keep that option alive for enterprises that chooses not to sacrifice their privacy.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:43 PM
    Ironically, it's not Android that's going to save BlackBerry: it's BLACKBERRY that's going to save BlackBerry. By that I mean:
    - top quality PKB
    - security
    - BB device design mission (build quality, long battery life, attractive, "phone" functionality, communications-first)

Oddly, what Android does is remove a SALES INHIBITOR, it isn't actually "BlackBerry".

I think if you build your entire product design and marketing strategy around "eliminating sales inhibitors", YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

It's a baffling bizarro strategy to some extent, but yes, there are Android users who want some BlackBerry mojo on their daily driver, so this could work out well bringing in revenue for BlackBerry, at the cost of, well, their "soul" if you can call it that.

If you've read the Golden Compass, you might know what I mean when I feel like BlackBerry Board of Directors should be called the BlackBerry Oblation Board of Directors.

This coming from someone who thinks BB10 is fine just as it is, and what BlackBerry needs to do is find more people like me, not try to pursue customers that DON'T like BB products. Are there enough people like me? Well, do we think that 100% of the people who would prefer BlackBerry 10 or iOS over Android are actually USING BB10? No, I don't think that. Do we think it's "hard" to find those other users for whom BB10 would be a great fit and provide a great experience? Yes, it's hard. Adopting Android is the 'easy way out'. And it is a way out.
    I have been saying this for a long time. BlackBerry 10 isn't for everyone, but there are millions more who would love it that don't use it.

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    10-07-15 08:47 PM
    BB has yet to reach Google

That's kinda redundant with BB being an Android OEM, isn't it?
    10-07-15 08:53 PM
    I'd say we've come a long way!

One thing you can ALWAYS count on ( with everything in this world) IS CHANGE!

The First Automobile that was accessible to the masses was the 1908 Model T, an American car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company.
    People said it was just a fad and would NEVER last.

And considering we're talking about a small handheld mobile device, which while it IS a convenience, really isn't that much of a big deal in the greater scheme of things.
    If you can't handle change in a mobile phone and go with the flow and enjoy what you've got while you've got it, Life is gonna pass you by.
    When's the last time you looked UP and saw the world around you?

Besides, I've got it on good authority that these mobile devices are just a fad and will never last anyway!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 10-09-15 at 04:11 PM.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-09-15 04:00 PM

Besides, I've got it on good authority that these mobile devices are just a fad and will never last anyway!
    Yeah, really I'm waiting for the Bio-neural Circuitry to be implanted into my cranial cavity.

(wonder if I'll transmit and receive via Subspace or the old outdated 5G? Hmm. Might just stick with Nextel's WiMAX! )

MO3iusONE and anon(3732391) like this.
    10-10-15 08:06 PM
    Redundant? BlackBerry is no where near the cash success that Google is. Has nothing to do with BlackBerry "using Google"

10-12-15 01:50 PM
    Redundant? BlackBerry is no where near the cash success that Google is. Has nothing to do with BlackBerry "using Google"

And honestly, they will never be close. When I said redundant, it was meant as a joke, seeing how Blackberry is moving to Android and Google services but if we want to get on cash success, do you believe that the move to Android will make Blackberry profitable?
    10-12-15 02:44 PM
    Totally agree with the OP as much as it pains me to see BB10 go the way of the dinosaur.

Posted via Z10
    10-12-15 03:26 PM
    Reality is BlackBerry cannot sell enough handsets to be profitable.
    10-13-15 12:10 AM
72 123