According to Blackberry (see the security guide for blackberry powered by android article on their help site) the PRIV clearly supports S/MIME encryption in Blackberry Hub on the PRIV. I have imported my private key and my recipients' public keys but (a) it does not decrypt the messages, (b) there is no secure e-mail option in settings, and (c) there is no option when composing an e-mail to encrypt its contents. What am I missing?

Thanks
    05-06-16 05:34 PM
    Have you updated your BlackBerry Hub app? There was recent improvements to S/MIME functions.
    05-06-16 08:38 PM
    I was apparently not signed on when i asked that question so I can't rate the answer, but that solved it. Thanks!
    05-07-16 01:27 PM
    Hi, i am sorry to renew old threads, but the problem described in the first post still persists. Anyone could give a walkthrough how to set up an S/MIME on blackberry priv's hub?
    10-18-16 06:34 AM
    Hi, i am sorry to renew old threads, but the problem described in the first post still persists. Anyone could give a walkthrough how to set up an S/MIME on blackberry priv's hub?
    Is your email on Exchange? It has to be.

Import your key and then open the Hub, select Settings, choose the account and you will see it here; this is what the screen looks like. Choose the signing and encryption certificates and you're good.

Note that there is one open problem I'm aware of -- plain-text S/MIME signed emails have a potential interchange problem in that in some cases signatures will not verify. Thunderbird is one of the known ones; both Outlook and other PRIVs WILL verify. If you do not have plain-text signed messages on then the issue disappears, but for obvious reasons plain-text signed messages is what you (usually) want since they're readable even if the other end does not understand MIME messages at all.

Reading S/MIME encrypted e-mails in Hub on PRIV?-2016-10-18-13.29.21.jpgReading S/MIME encrypted e-mails in Hub on PRIV?-2016-10-18-13.29.38.jpg
    FF22 and kariekas like this.
    10-18-16 08:33 AM
    I successfully installed my private key and can decrypt incoming e-mail, but when I reply the recipients name goes red because it can't find their public key. I tried installing it (a .cer file) using "install certificate" under security settings, it said it installed, but still no luck. Can you help?
    01-01-17 05:30 PM