Another BlackBerry OS standard option that I can't find on Android is Reader Mode while in the browser. Is there any app that does the same thing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 07:24 AM
    You really expect that Android is the same as BB10 and has all those features? It's like buying a Mac and complaining that the Windows Startmenu is missing...

Posted via CB10
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    11-14-15 07:27 AM
    The Priv is 95% android and it's nothing like BB10 at all its one of my biggest gripes. This device needs more blackberry features in it.

11-14-15 07:31 AM
    You really expect that Android is the same as BB10 and has all those features? It's like buying a Mac and complaining that the Windows Startmenu is missing...

Posted via CB10
    The question that the OP posed (is there another option/app?) seems appropriate, doesn't seem like they're complaining so much as just inquiring if "there's an app for that."

OP, to answer your question, I have no clue, sorry!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Uzi and OfficerRandall like this.
    11-14-15 07:41 AM
    http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-en...-for-android/#!

Try that.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    11-14-15 07:44 AM
    Another BlackBerry OS standard option that I can't find on Android is Reader Mode while in the browser. Is there any app that does the same thing.

You have to download Dolphin Browser from Google Play Store, it has that reading mode, works very well.

11-14-15 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the guidance.
    I know it is not like the BlackBerry OS. I am just trying to make is as similar to the BlackBerry OS as I can with apps/settings. This will take some adjustingto

Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-14-15 08:03 AM
    Thanks for the guidance.
    I know it is not like the BlackBerry OS. I am just trying to make is as similar to the BlackBerry OS as I can with apps/settings. This will take some adjustingto

You can also do it in chrome.

Open Chrome (make sure you're running the latest version) and type chrome://flags in the address bar. Press Go.
    Head to Menu > Find on Page and search for "Enable Reader Mode Toolbar Icon". Click the Enable link under that setting.

Above that, you will see an option to 'show' this button always, just when it appears to be an article etc.. Select what you prefer and then relaunch. You will now see a button at the bottom when you are in an actual webpage.

I know this isn't the beloved BB10 but I'd be willing to bet you can do most things you could there if you take the time to learn how.

You might have better luck asking these questions in an android site for better help since it seems like BB10 users would rather say "ha, android can't do what BB10 does" instead of actually trying to help with android questions frequently it seems.

11-14-15 08:19 AM
    That is why I come here. I know this is the way it is going. I just hope that BlackBerry tries to bring over more of their innovative thinking.

11-14-15 08:21 AM
    Thank you. Was looking for that as well!

BlackBerry Priv.
    11-14-15 08:28 AM
    You can also do it in chrome.

Open Chrome (make sure you're running the latest version) and type chrome://flags in the address bar. Press Go.
    Head to Menu > Find on Page and search for "Enable Reader Mode Toolbar Icon". Click the Enable link under that setting.

Above that, you will see an option to 'show' this button always, just when it appears to be an article etc.. Select what you prefer and then relaunch. You will now see a button at the bottom when you are in an actual webpage.

I know this isn't the beloved BB10 but I'd be willing to bet you can do most things you could there if you take the time to learn how.

You might have better luck asking these questions in an android site for better help since it seems like BB10 users would rather say "ha, android can't do what BB10 does" instead of actually trying to help with android questions frequently it seems.

Also, just to add to this

once you're in reader mode, go to settings (the three upper right corner dots) and you can go dark theme/mode as well! (As well as other stuff)

Trisk333 and 00stryder like this.
    11-14-15 09:33 AM
    Also, just to add to this

once you're in reader mode, go to settings (the three upper right corner dots) and you can go dark theme/mode as well! (As well as other stuff)

Thanks! You probably just drastically improved my battery life with this info!

11-14-15 09:53 AM