Yeah, I agree. BB is expected to be the best at security in this industry. To say they are at the same level as Knox, and "maybe" less secure than Blackphone isn't exactly a great way to market your device. I think he should have just made a statement that he can't really say for certain if they are more secure or not. Just reiterate how the Priv is secure and not give props to the competition! Suddenly the Priv seems more tarnished.
    Chen stated earlier that the Priv was being shipped as having security better than most, but would be continued to be developed over time to even higher levels of security and privacy.

In the interim, BB10 will still be offered to those that need the highest level of corporate security.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-08-15 01:00 PM
    What was the point of Chen at Recode? Useless information and nothing new or important was provided. It was a total waste of his time which could have been used towards turning the company around. More failure of management to realize their priority!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 01:06 PM
    People are forgetting that all these high-end phones are "very affordable" on carrier plans in the US...heck, you can get an iPhone 6s for $5, $10, $15 a month on like Tmobile.

Now as for the outright price...lol

Posted via CB10
    try $32/mth + their plan.....
    10-08-15 01:13 PM
    His primary purpose there was to discuss security in mobile platforms, not the Priv. Some of us were just expecting more news since the two coincide.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 01:15 PM
    Chen saying they're working with carriers right know. Bullshh... The T-mobile leak has been out for some time, Telus's model was on sale here for $1000 a month or more ago and other carrier leaks since aug/sept.

Wtf is taking so long...
    10-08-15 01:23 PM
    What was the point of Chen at Recode? Useless information and nothing new or important was provided. It was a total waste of his time which could have been used towards turning the company around. More failure of management to realize their priority!!!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, he seemed to be kind of a downer to what so far have been rather interesting discussions from other panels/guests.

However, he did say that he plans to support both BB10 and Android for now and that even if he could bring the best of BB10 to Android that he would still consider supporting BB10 for another year or two. No real surprises there but one thing I am confused about is his potential plan for BB10. I mean, he was ambiguous as usual but did he say that he hopes BB10 would live on in the high-security enterprise/government sector? And if so, would that require a subscription to BES12?

Anyways, at the end of the day I want BlackBerry to stay in the handset business and in reality 5M phones per year would still be less than 1% of market share, so that seems very doable. Now, if that is a combination Priv/PassPort/Classic, I dunno, but if he is only talking about the Priv then so be it; welcome me to the dark side. It wouldn't be my first Android phone. Otherwise if it is a total combination (and I get the PassPort SE) then I don't see how they could fail.

Oh, wait.... ....nevermind.
    10-08-15 01:36 PM
    Chen saying they're working with carriers right know. Bullshh... The T-mobile leak has been out for some time, Telus's model was on sale here for $1000 a month or more ago and other carrier leaks since aug/sept.

Wtf is taking so long...
    Um, huh?
    10-08-15 01:46 PM
    Trade in your old phone, price is what I stated before, no?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 01:48 PM
    Um, huh?
    The Telus Priv was on here for "local pickup" for $1000 obo in Toronto, I would of picked it up if I was close.
    10-08-15 01:52 PM
    The Telus Priv was on here for "local pickup" for $1000 obo in Toronto, I would of picked it up if I was close.
    Oh that one... I thought you had insider info saying Telus was carrying it for $1000.
    10-08-15 01:55 PM

Wtf is taking so long...
    This probably means that they really don't have any sort of deal with carriers.
    10-08-15 01:56 PM
    However, he did say that he plans to support both BB10 and Android for now and that even if he could bring the best of BB10 to Android that he would still consider supporting BB10 for another year or two. No real surprises there but one thing I am confused about is his potential plan for BB10. I mean, he was ambiguous as usual but did he say that he hopes BB10 would live on in the high-security enterprise/government sector? And if so, would that require a subscription to BES12?

Perhaps BB10 becomes the SecureSmart handset paired with BES12 for those government contracts. It'll be a 2K phone but superniche devices have that price.
    10-08-15 02:11 PM
    You think? This company doesn't know how to run things properly.. lmfao. They're going to wait right before Christmas and release it and a price that wont attract any attention from anyone lol. Idiocracy..
    10-08-15 02:11 PM
    Someone just posted a screen shot of how to connect the PRIV to SPRINT'S network... so somewhere there is at least one CDMA test PRIV.
    10-08-15 02:17 PM
    You think? This company doesn't know how to run things properly.. lmfao. They're going to wait right before Christmas and release it and a price that wont attract any attention from anyone lol. Idiocracy..
    I don't have enough *sigh* power to deal with this company any more.
    10-08-15 02:20 PM
    Someone just posted a screen shot of how to connect the PRIV to SPRINT'S network... so somewhere there is at least one CDMA test PRIV.
    Means nothing.. just SEO spam. They pretty much have the same generic crap for every device.

https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1249...berry_priv.php

Let me know if you ever see a Z3 on Sprint lol

https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1112...ckberry_z3.php
    10-08-15 02:22 PM
    .... but one thing I am confused about is his potential plan for BB10. I mean, he was ambiguous as usual but did he say that he hopes BB10 would live on in the high-security enterprise/government sector? ...
    BlackBerry needs to support BB10 for existing enterprise customers, but otherwise, it would appear that's the end of BB10.
    10-08-15 02:26 PM
    It's hard to read what you're thinking right now. All that anger is telling you know something but I can't really pinpoint what it is...
    10-08-15 02:35 PM
    I was right, they don't want the Priv to sell based on the dusty promo pics and now...

Priv security is same as Samsung Knox, blackphone is probably better.

^ Chens words not mine

Usually interviewers try and make competitor comparisons, oh no, not this ceo, he goes all out and name drops every one and plugs their devices on his own accord.

All that's left now is the advert:

Blackberry Priv, now runs 'Google', secure as Knox, little less than a Blackphone, 'coming soon'

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-08-15 02:43 PM
    Means nothing.. just SEO spam. They pretty much have the same generic crap for every device.

https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1249...berry_priv.php

Let me know if you ever see a Z3 on Sprint lol

https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1112...ckberry_z3.php
    Do you know how hard it is for me to TRY to post something positive????

Oh well, I did say it could just be a test devices....
    eldricho likes this.
    10-08-15 03:25 PM
    I was right, they don't want the Priv to sell based on the dusty promo pics and now...

Priv security is same as Samsung Knox, blackphone is probably better.

^ Chens words not mine

Usually interviewers try and make competitor comparisons, oh no, not this ceo, he goes all out and name drops every one and plugs their devices on his own accord.

All that's left now is the advert:

Blackberry Priv, now runs 'Google', secure as Knox, little less than a Blackphone, 'coming soon'

Posted via CB10
    If I was on the board, I would be calling him on the carpet right now.
    10-08-15 03:31 PM
    Do you know how hard it is for me to TRY to post something positive????

Oh well, I did say it could just be a test devices....
    I know... I know... and sometimes I let people just roll... Contrary to popular belief, I don't enjoy raining on people's parades but I couldn't on that one.. otherwise I would have had to read it all over the internet posted by folks who have zero understanding of what SEO spam is. Kinda like...

• Expansys taking pre-orders for the BlackBerry Venice
    • Accessories appearing on distributor sites (Though this is semi-legit)
    • BlackBerry Priv being listed as 'key Android device' with Android Marshmallow on a document for an accessory site that gets updated every year with new devices simply to attract attention to their store.

BlackBerry 'news' has become the equivalent of fake, junk posts on Facebook that you need Snopes to decipher if true or not.

*Sorry, woke up on the wrong side of the bed today lol. <3
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-08-15 04:18 PM
    Did he say that he won high-end market with BB10 but high-end market is not big enough?
    And then he went to describe Priv's pricing as high end.

Did it go like that?
    10-08-15 05:39 PM
    Still cheaper than contract price and plan on cdn carriers.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 05:56 PM
    The Passport was Chen's first attempt at selling a smartphone and it was a success from blackberry standpoint because it was the first BB10 device that they made a profit from. I still think that Passport and Classic are Chen's most successful devices and if BB10 is still going to be apart of blackberry, I can see those two devices being the only ones that Chen is willing to sell with BB10 on.
    10-08-15 06:35 PM
112 ... 2345