I've read somewhere from someone who got hold of a pre-production Priv, that the button between the volume up/down brings up (or in this case down) the notifications panel. Would be great if that was the case instead (of the mute function), since one of my pet peeves with Android is having to pull down from the top of the screen every time I want to see the notifications- and this becomes more difficult with big phones like the Priv.

tl;dr
    Can anyone check and see if the mute button is re-assignable?
    11-09-15 10:49 AM
    Bump.
    OP has a good question, and I also want it answered.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:47 PM
    The "mute" button just brings down the volume controls from the top of the screen. Doesn't actually mute anything, funnily enough. I haven't seen a setting to reassign it either.
    11-09-15 06:54 PM
    It actually does mute media if you are using an app that is playing music video or in a call.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 06:57 PM
    I'm very much looking forward to having a mute-toggle button for phone calls again (been away from BB for a while). It would be nice if the button could programmable for different circumstances. For example it would be cool if in camera mode the volume buttons would do zoom in/out and the middle button would be the shutter button. Notifications for the launcher would be cool. Pause control for when you're watching or listening to media...
    11-09-15 07:02 PM
    It actually does mute media if you are using an app that is playing music video or in a call.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ah, glad to hear it does something. Just tried it myself in Google Play Music and you're right. I was expecting it to work like BB10 did by just pausing things, so I didn't bother turning my volume up, and it didn't do anything since the volume was technically muted anyhow.
    11-09-15 07:09 PM
    I know that when I first got my passport it did not have this option either but it did become available after a software update so hopefully blackberry will make it so that you can skip songs, pause and mute with those buttons in the coming future.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:22 AM
    I thought the idea of Android was customization ...

Now I have people telling me that customizing it to do stuff that BB10 already had is "not what Android is about ".

Enough already, give me the damn hard key pause-play and skip track.

#sunnydays

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:50 AM
    Wait, so can you skip tracks with the volume keys? Sounds minor but not being able to do so would be a deal breaker
    11-12-15 09:34 PM