While I've always loved my BB holsters over the years, and this one is also just as good feeling and works as well as they all have, there's one kind of serious flaw with it that just makes me facepalm so hard I see stars.

Who thought it was a useful idea to have "Access to the USB port" in the holsters, but NOT HAVING ACCESS TO THE 3.5" JACK?! Like, come on, who would plug their phone in while it's still in the holster compared to the many people who would like to listen to music while the phone is holstered without having to put it in the case up-side-down?

I may just end up making a modification to the holster so that I can have access to the headphone jack, but that won't end up being clean... maybe I can live with putting it in up-side-down.

Anyway, rant over, does anyone else agree with me on this?

PS, MASSIVE props to the CB store for the lightning fast shipping. I put in my order for the case late Wednesday night, and it showed up this afternoon.

Edit: Oh right, I forgot about the issue with trying to use the phone with the headphones connected. Which, I suppose is why it was designed that way, but then it begs the question of why the 3.5" jack was even designed where it is anyway? Ahh, I'm just ranting :P
    Carbonman1 likes this.
    11-13-15 03:22 PM
    Looking at holster pics I thought the notch would be to push the phone up so you could get it out easier like the horizontal holsters.
    Don't have one yet but this is interedting.
    11-13-15 03:47 PM
    While I've always loved my BB holsters over the years, and this one is also just as good feeling and works as well as they all have, there's one kind of serious flaw with it that just makes me facepalm so hard I see stars.

Who thought it was a useful idea to have "Access to the USB port" in the holsters, but NOT HAVING ACCESS TO THE 3.5" JACK?! Like, come on, who would plug their phone in while it's still in the holster compared to the many people who would like to listen to music while the phone is holstered without having to put it in the case up-side-down?

I may just end up making a modification to the holster so that I can have access to the headphone jack, but that won't end up being clean... maybe I can live with putting it in up-side-down.

Anyway, rant over, does anyone else agree with me on this?

PS, MASSIVE props to the CB store for the lightning fast shipping. I put in my order for the case late Wednesday night, and it showed up this afternoon.

Edit: Oh right, I forgot about the issue with trying to use the phone with the headphones connected. Which, I suppose is why it was designed that way, but then it begs the question of why the 3.5" jack was even designed where it is anyway? Ahh, I'm just ranting :P
    This is the main reason I didn't opt for the holster as I listen to tunes everyday on my commute! Putting the phone upside down covers the volume keys as well. Remember most high quality iem's do not have android compatibility for volume control and are made for IOS. I'm currently researching on a high quality flat cable tri button mic in ear monitor. I love the sound quality of my klipsch x7i, but the volume controls don't wrk with the Priv!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 03:16 AM
    The issue is with anyone using a holster past the year 1999.

TheGraduate likes this.
    11-14-15 06:16 AM
    The man has a point (lbs) .

Posted via CB10
    TheGraduate likes this.
    11-14-15 06:40 AM
    I've always thought that it a bad decision putting a headphone jack on the bottom of a phone primarily because I wouldn't like to use it like that in a holster. I can understand why they didn't have a choice with the Priv but at a minimum they could have at least put the hole in the right place.

If you flip the phone upside down, does the latch block the headphone jack?

For myself, this (thankfully) wont be an issue as I switched about 6 months ago to using bluetooth headphones. Much easier for me all the way around since there are no wires to get tangled and I don't have to have the phone on me to listed to music. I haven't even tested the headphone jack on my Passport SE to know if it works. About the only thing I lose going wireless is the FM radio but that wasn't ever really good anyways where I live. And of course having to charge the headphones about every 8-10 hours but that isn't an issue for me.
    11-14-15 06:44 AM
    I've always thought that it a bad decision putting a headphone jack on the bottom of a phone primarily because I wouldn't like to use it like that in a holster. I can understand why they didn't have a choice with the Priv but at a minimum they could have at least put the hole in the right place.

For myself, this (thankfully) wont be an issue as I switched about 6 months ago to using bluetooth headphones. Much easier for me all the way around since there are no wires to get tangled and I don't have to have the phone on me to listed to music. I haven't even tested the headphone jack on my Passport SE to know if it works. About the only thing I lose going wireless is the FM radio but that wasn't ever really good anyways where I live. And of course having to charge the headphones about every 8-10 hours but that isn't an issue for me.
    I was a little bothered by the lack of FM radio. But for other reasons convinced Telus to give me two gigs of data for the price of one. Now I will just use online radio.

11-14-15 07:58 AM
    The issue is with anyone using a holster past the year 1999.

No there are people who can't do without one... for example if you're on your feet a lot movving around throughout the day and get over a 100 emails a day...

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:19 AM
    Where do people expect the headphone connector to be, on top where it would interfere with the slider opening? The sides are too thin. I think it's perfect exactly where it is.
    11-14-15 08:32 AM
    No there are people who can't do without one... for example if you're on your feet a lot movving around throughout the day and get over a 100 emails a day...

Posted via CB10
    Pocket. I'm just joking around though, if you want to be that guy...
    11-14-15 08:38 AM
    Where do people expect the headphone connector to be, on top where it would interfere with the slider opening? The sides are too thin. I think it's perfect exactly where it is.
    Agree. Bottom is best, without a doubt.
    11-14-15 08:38 AM
    Agree. Bottom is best, without a doubt.
    I'll second...I mean millionth this. The consensus among humans is that the headphone jack on the bottom is best.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:41 AM
    I'll second...I mean millionth this. The consensus among humans is that the headphone jack on the bottom is best.

Posted via CB10
    On the Priv or on any phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:05 AM
    On the Priv or on any phone?

Posted via CB10
    Both. All ports should be on the same edge, as it saves cable clutter. Then again, having the ports on the side, a la the 9900 is the ideal. Q10 was pretty great too.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:54 PM

Flipping the phone upside down causes no issue with latch. It does however hold the screen on, I had to push the power button while in case to turn screen off, good thing case is soft.

11-14-15 11:34 PM
    It's poor industrial design. Changing the phone design so there is 1/2" of the slider that is the full depth of the phone and shortening the back to accommodate the redesign would have made it possible to put the jack up front. A side loading holster like is available for most Android phones would be a better option if they didn't want to change the jack location. It would also allow access to the volume controls by flipping up the cover. None of this is rocket science and I'm very surprised BB hasn't addressed these points.
    11-15-15 12:14 AM