I got to play with the phone at the Corp store on friday .

The build quality is great it's on par with the classic and passport. The slide mechanism is smooth and works excellently. I think it's better than the torch's.

The keyboard is smaller than the classic and it could be a little cramped. I'll have to describe it as a much less cramped version of the torch keyboard.

I've been an android user since the original galaxy S and HTC Aria. And I've been a bb user since the 8700c days. I feel existing android users will love this phone, but bb users will have a steep learning curve. There is so many settings for android and things just work differently.

The OS for the priv is smooth. I have the s6 active and it's just as smooth. The android OS has some slight modifications by bb and it threw me off a bit but it's not hard to figure out where to go. Overall bb did a good job not messing too much from the stock android os. Unfortunately I couldn't test any of hub features and other apps.

Here's one thing I did notice is the type-search feature does work, but it isn't smooth. For example, when I start typing it usually misses the first or second letter. It seems when you first press a key the Google search loads on the screen and that delay prevents it from recognizing a keypress. Also during the typing for the search the delete key doesn't work unless you physically tap the text area to bring the text cursor to be able to delete by pressing the del key.

In the end, it's a phone that I will be getting. I just need to sell my s6 active until I do so. The single biggest selling point for me is the physical kb that doesn't take half the screen. I think it's funny that when I had the note 2 I wished that bb would make a Torch version of the same size which would make it the perfect phone. And now it's here.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by hnguyen; 11-08-15 at 11:21 AM.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-08-15 11:07 AM
    I was wondering when you were going to chime in. Knowing that you've bought and sold many phones on the market place...
    11-08-15 11:11 AM
    Nice balanced review
    11-08-15 11:29 AM
    There are still a few kinks to figure out but otherwise it's a solid device.

11-09-15 03:09 PM
    If the build quality is in par with passport, I would be very happy... passport is a beast on both build and productivity...

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:16 PM
    The priv is a solid device not like the torch was in the past. Don't listen to the doubters see one for yourself.

11-09-15 03:18 PM