For some time now my Priv charges up for a little while until it really slows down to a crawl and tell me it'll take 3+ hours to charge. I use an Aukey 2.0 fast charger with the BlackBerry USB cable. It can charge to 30% and slow down or 80% - there's no rule for it to do so which is really annoying. I've even tried doing a long restart (holding my power button down for 30 seconds) and it works sometimes but others I may have to restart 2 or 3 times before it fixes itself. Other fixes include me having to unplug the charger and replugging it a few times.
    12-15-16 06:20 PM
    You have any 3rd party Battery saving apps? Other batter apps? And power saving apps?
    12-15-16 07:05 PM
    For some time now my Priv charges up for a little while until it really slows down to a crawl and tell me it'll take 3+ hours to charge. I use an Aukey 2.0 fast charger with the BlackBerry USB cable. It can charge to 30% and slow down or 80% - there's no rule for it to do so which is really annoying. I've even tried doing a long restart (holding my power button down for 30 seconds) and it works sometimes but others I may have to restart 2 or 3 times before it fixes itself. Other fixes include me having to unplug the charger and replugging it a few times.
    Strange. I have the Aukey as well. Had it for well over a year now. Still going strong with my Priv.
    12-15-16 08:08 PM
    You have any 3rd party Battery saving apps? Other batter apps? And power saving apps?
    Nope none whatsoever - I always try to stay away from those cos they always end up doing bad than good.
    12-15-16 11:13 PM
    Quick Charging 2.0 Gone Slow-196117.jpg

Here's a screenshot I took earlier of my battery life over yesterday. If you look at the charging line, you can see it rising pretty sharply then levelling out. That happens pretty much every day.
    12-15-16 11:15 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	196117.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	414335

Here's a screenshot I took earlier of my battery life over yesterday. If you look at the charging line, you can see it rising pretty sharply then levelling out. That happens pretty much every day.
    That is a very sharp line. What kind of battery life do you get when it actually does fully recharge? Kind of normal or less than expected? Just wondering if the battery might be bad if you don't get reasonable use out of a charge.
    12-15-16 11:43 PM
    When it slows down, the battery life isn't impacted but it still has it's good and bad days: sometimes it will charge fine and I might have a fast draining battery. Other days it might stop halfway to fully charging and it could give me really good battery life. My Priv's got a mind of it's own!
    12-16-16 07:23 AM
    Nope none whatsoever - I always try to stay away from those cos they always end up doing bad than good.
    Aukey does behave that way. It does charge fast times and several times it charges painfully slow. I also got a quick charge 2 qualcom one from alixpress..the consistency of quick charge is just fantastic - much better than aukey. Costs only about 6-7 usd. Does any one use anker? I wd like to know how it is - wd like to replace my aukey with anker
    12-16-16 07:36 AM
    I've semi-recently seen this same behavior in my AT&T Priv.

I have several QC2.0 chargers, different brands...and the phone does it across all of my chargers.

It's a relatively new problem, though. Had no problems up until a few updates ago.

There are times when it'll work fine, other times I'll get similar results to the OP. I've had it tell me that battery is a 97%...and "2 hours and 43 minutes until fully charged".

I have found that if I turn the phone OFF and charge it, it charges quickly (like it used to do).

No battery saver apps installed. Rebooting seems to make no difference.

Different chargers, different cradles, in different buildings (home and work)...problem follows the phone.
    ruhban likes this.
    12-16-16 08:48 AM

It's a relatively new problem, though. Had no problems up until a few updates ago.
    You having the same problem leads me to believe BlackBerry might do something to each monthly update, even though it's meant to be just a security update. I'm on Vodafone UK so we could have slightly different versions depending on if our carriers messed around with them.
    12-16-16 09:38 PM
    Have you tried using a different cable? Too lazy to read everything above incase you have but I had my Samsung QC slow down cause of a faulty cable.
    ruhban likes this.
    12-16-16 10:15 PM
    Have you tried using a different cable? Too lazy to read everything above incase you have but I had my Samsung QC slow down cause of a faulty cable.
    Haha no worries 😅 Yeah I've tried two different cables from two different manufacturers with no success.
    12-17-16 04:36 PM
    When my charging starts acting up, I reboot, seems to solve issues. I expect it is an app draining things, but haven't been able to figure it out.
    12-17-16 07:00 PM
    But is it actually slowing down or does it start discharging? I had an issue where my Priv would start slowing down and then start discharging even tho the OS said it was charging. Download Ampere from the play store and measure the charging/discharging.
    12-17-16 08:25 PM