I'm considering purchasing a charger for my Priv with Quick Charge 2.0 capability. Does anyone have any experience with it? Thanks in advance for your post.
    08-11-17 03:06 PM
    They work very well. Get one. I even have a 2.0 quick charge 10000 MaH battery pack.
    08-11-17 03:51 PM
    You may also want to consider going to a QC 3.0, for future-proofing. And no, it won't put out more power than your Priv can safely accept.
    08-11-17 04:16 PM
    I'm considering purchasing a charger for my Priv with Quick Charge 2.0 capability. Does anyone have any experience with it? Thanks in advance for your post.
    I use it, and find quick charging capability of a phone to be more important than having a larger battery.

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV STV100-3
    08-11-17 06:21 PM
    FYI, OP -- if you have one of the Priv's that support wireless charging and do get a QC 2.0 or 3.0 charge block, this is a great wireless charger. It supports wireless fast charging. Again, future-proofing.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...UvbUpU12987190
    08-11-17 06:53 PM
    Works great, can't go back to regular chargers.
    08-11-17 11:58 PM
    Got one at Walmart for $20 and love it. Hoping it doesn't hurt my Priv battery charging so fast. There is a bug which every now and then you plug charger in and charges for three seconds and stops. Phone has to be rebooted to take the quick charge.
    08-12-17 06:51 AM
    Anker
    newcollector likes this.
    08-12-17 06:52 AM
    Got one at Walmart for $20 and love it. Hoping it doesn't hurt my Priv battery charging so fast. There is a bug which every now and then you plug charger in and charges for three seconds and stops. Phone has to be rebooted to take the quick charge.
    You get what you pay for.

FYI, OP -- if you have one of the Priv's that support wireless charging and do get a QC 2.0 or 3.0 charge block, this is a great wireless charger.
    So how fast does it charge? There's no way for phone to negotiate with charger so it can't be as fast as a plug in QC2.
    08-12-17 08:57 AM

So how fast does it charge? There's no way for phone to negotiate with charger so it can't be as fast as a plug in QC2.
    You left out part of my comment -- "again, future-proofing". Just as I recommended getting a QC 3.0 charger that may come in handy on the OP's next device, a fast-charge wireless will work fine with the Priv and any future device that supports fast charge wireless. I consider spending a few dollars extra to get the future-proofed version better than replacing sets of chargers. My Priv is right now sitting on an Anker fast charge wireless pad, plugged into a QC 3.0 block.
    baspeed likes this.
    08-12-17 10:16 AM
    Just throwing out there that QC chargers are backwards compatible.
    Ecm likes this.
    08-12-17 10:20 AM
    You left out part of my comment -- "again, future-proofing". Just as I recommended getting a QC 3.0 charger that may come in handy on the OP's next device, a fast-charge wireless will work fine with the Priv and any future device that supports fast charge wireless. I consider spending a few dollars extra to get the future-proofed version better than replacing sets of chargers. My Priv is right now sitting on an Anker fast charge wireless pad, plugged into a QC 3.0 block.
    Nah, QC4 is already announced and it's based around USB-PD.
    08-12-17 10:26 AM
    Nah, QC4 is already announced and it's based around USB-PD.
    Announced, but no chargers available using the technology. So, the best available right now (when the OP wanted to buy) are QC 3.0.
    08-12-17 10:28 AM
    Announced, but no chargers available using the technology. So, the best available right now (when the OP wanted to buy) are QC 3.0.
    Point being trying to future proof is rather pointless, there's always something else the next day. Buy whatever that's compatible.
    08-12-17 10:32 AM
    Point being trying to future proof is rather pointless, there's always something else the next day. Buy whatever that's compatible.
    Different points of view.
    08-12-17 10:38 AM

It charges so much faster than the stock charger. I can't believe I waited so long to get an Anker quick charger. Even got one for the car.
    Ecm likes this.
    08-12-17 01:34 PM
    I bought the Blackberry quick charger as soon as I bought my Priv. Works perfectly, all the time.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    08-12-17 02:17 PM
    Exactly bought also the BlackBerry QC and works fantastic besides you can change wall adapters for different countries.NorthAmerica, UK, Europe... works perfect!
    08-12-17 04:12 PM
    Thanks for your input everyone! I think, based on the positive feedback, that I'll grab one.
    08-12-17 04:30 PM
    Do you use a case with your Priv? I am considering getting a wireless charger but I read from a few comments that some chargers don't work with Priv with case on. I own a Priv and a Passport AT&T so wireless charger would be perfect for me.
    08-13-17 12:22 AM
    Sounds like an annoying bug there. Does it happen a lot?
    08-13-17 12:24 AM
    Do you use a case with your Priv? I am considering getting a wireless charger but I read from a few comments that some chargers don't work with Priv with case on. I own a Priv and a Passport AT&T so wireless charger would be perfect for me.
    My Priv charges wirelessly with this half shell case: Imak Concise cowboy case for BlackBerry Priv Venice
    PhamQuocAnh likes this.
    08-13-17 12:36 AM
    My Priv charges wirelessly with this half shell case: Imak Concise cowboy case for BlackBerry Priv Venice
    Thanks. I'm using the Slide-out Hard case. Maybe just try and see.
    08-13-17 12:51 AM
    You left out part of my comment -- "again, future-proofing". Just as I recommended getting a QC 3.0 charger that may come in handy on the OP's next device, a fast-charge wireless will work fine with the Priv and any future device that supports fast charge wireless.
    Maybe I'm confused, you are recommending a QC3 for fast charging wired and then the wireless pad for convenience when fast charging isn't needed?
    Plugging a wireless pad into a QC2, or 3, is not going to do anything to speed up the charging. The Quick Charge works by the charge block being able to adjust voltage and current, according to feedback from the device. The feed back consists of things like battery temp, charge level, and voltage, that information cannot be conveyed to or through a wireless charge pad.
    Without those signals from the phone, a QC2 or 3 block will act exactly like a dumb block. 5 Volt at 3 amp.
    A wireless pad is simply one half of an air gap, dumb transformer, the phone is the other half, making the most it can out of the static voltage and available current.

It would be possible to do true Quick Charge wirelessly. several ways to go about it. All pretty expensive, and none currently available on any device.

I was asking how fast the wireless pad you recommended is, because some are better than others. I'm currently using the Samsung 3 coil angled Fast Charger stand, it will take the Priv, with a case and metal kickstand from 50% to 100 in roughly 4 hours, (a lot faster to 85 or 90%).

Most of the wireless pads don't come with a wall block, but specify a minimum 2 amp supply. Most of the 2 amp rated supplies don't quite make the full 2 amps, (specially if you are bargain hunting). So using a supply that will actually supply the full 2 amp, will speed it up. Doesn't matter if that supply is a QC, or just a 2.5 amp rated dumb block.
    08-13-17 05:44 AM
    Sounds like an annoying bug there. Does it happen a lot?
    Has happened a couple times in last two months. I just watch it for couple seconds after I plug it in. Sux when you wake up and at 3% but what's good is I have one for the car which helps.
    08-13-17 06:07 AM
43 12