so just got the priv, love the phone so far....

but it seems the battery goes down very quick.... what settings should be turned off etc...? already got that gmail one off.
    11-13-15 04:47 PM
    It calms down after the second charge and battery life is looking very good.Been working mine hard today personalizing it with a launcher and activating all my favourite apps ,checking everything,been on it pretty much all day....still showing 61%
    11-13-15 07:03 PM
    Almost a week now and I'm still having terrible battery drain. . . I've got till the 20th to swap it out at AT&T. I was getting about 3 hours on a singe charge. Went to the AT&T store and the rep quickly showed me how to force quit background apps and that got me to about 7 hours on a charge. . . definitely not good enough. Going to try resetting to factory settings and if that does not do it I'm swapping. . . Here's hopping it was just one bad device. . .
    11-13-15 07:34 PM
    I usually have vibrate off and screen timeout set to 30 seconds on my passport and that seems like it prolongs the battery life. When I got the priv I noticed that everything has vibrate set to on and the screen timeout was 2 min by default, I set the screen timeout to 30 seconds, turned off the feature where screen turns on when you get a notification, but I can't figure out how to turn all the vibrating off yet. This seems to have significantly improved battery life.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 07:49 PM
    I usually have vibrate off and screen timeout set to 30 seconds on my passport and that seems like it prolongs the battery life. When I got the priv I noticed that everything has vibrate set to on and the screen timeout was 2 min by default, I set the screen timeout to 30 seconds, turned off the feature where screen turns on when you get a notification, but I can't figure out how to turn all the vibrating off yet. This seems to have significantly improved battery life.

Bro let me make your life easy! Go to settings>Sound & Notification>Other Sound>Vibrate On Touch! I HOPE THIS HELPS!

11-14-15 09:17 PM
    Battery life sucked the first few days I had it, way better now though. Responding to emails and texts and a few phone calls all day with no issues. I am noticing though that the screen is a huge battery hog. If I take too long responding to an email I can literally watch the battery drain away.

11-14-15 11:05 PM
    Battery life sucked the first few days I had it, way better now though. Responding to emails and texts and a few phone calls all day with no issues. I am noticing though that the screen is a huge battery hog. If I take too long responding to an email I can literally watch the battery drain away.

Make sure your apps are closed. Using the back arrow does not close the app.
    11-15-15 12:12 AM
    Bro let me make your life easy! Go to settings>Sound & Notification>Other Sound>Vibrate On Touch! I HOPE THIS HELPS!

Thanks for your help!

BogzAldon likes this.
    11-15-15 01:13 PM

I just found it today. It's buried deep in other sounds setting. Much better now the whole phone isn't shaking!

11-15-15 01:13 PM
    Thanks for your help!

Bro if you want the VKB not to vibrate, its in settings>Language & input>blackberry keyboard>Vibrates on press.. =)
    11-15-15 01:46 PM
    I'm not sure what is going on. Day 5 with the phone. Took it off the charger moments ago at 88%. I'm already at 75%. What should I be looking at to preserve battery life?

ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-15-15 06:44 PM
    Mine is on the 3rd cycle, it goes down fairly quickly when browsing with the screen on.

BUT, with it idle overnight just lost 4%..

Posted via CB10
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-15-15 07:20 PM