If you are a Priv user and got great battery life with your Priv, Do you mind answer the following questions to help out prospective users who are concerned about the battery life of Priv, and also share some tip for those unlucky Priv users?

First, define great battery life: no need to charge throughout the day, recharge during the night when you are recharging. If you got that, please share your tips down here.

1. What's your screen brightness setting? 20%? 50%? 80%? Mine is about 70% on my Passport (not trying to compare, just to give an example to the answers I am looking for).
    2. Do you deliberately turn off most app's notifications or push features? I know I do that on my Passport for most of the apps installed. Only leave some critical ones enabled.
    3. Do you deliberately turn off Bluetooth and location services when you are not using them? I don't (again on my Passport), they are always on.
    4. Do you deliberately kill off unused apps from recent list? I do that with my Passport for most of the apps, old habits from Z10 experience, but I do leave 1-3 apps on from time to time.
    5. Do you use HUB and how many push accounts do you setup in HUB? How frequent is your polling?
    6. Are there anything else you did deliberately to improve your battery life on your Priv?
    7. When you did your OS update, did you let the phone sit for 45 min to 1 hour after you reset your phone, before you do anything to the phone (i.e. setup accounts, transfer contents, etc.)?
    8. Did you use content transfer to transfer BlackBerry content to your Android phone? I heard that if you don't transfer email accounts, the battery life will be much better.

Thanks!
    I get great battery life - Fully charge over night and start my day @ 6:30 am.

1. Screen brightness is the auto-setting (adaptive?)
    2. I have turned off a few push features but mostly leave as default
    3. I leave Bluetooth, location services, and Wi-Fi on all the time.
    4. I will once or twice a day hit the Square button and select "Clear all"
    5. I use the HUB - have one Yahoo account and one work account (O365 active sync) (No Gmail email account) - Also have on my HUB: Text Messages, BBM, FaceBook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
    6. No other major setting to improve battery life
    7. After the OS update it re-booted itself and I did not reboot manually after the update for that day or even the day after
    8. I used content transfer from my classic but DID NOT transfer the email accounts as I set them up manually after the content transfer

Hope this helps.

G
    12-18-15 08:36 AM
    Don't use the phone.

Pasaporte Pilipinas� | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-18-15 08:40 AM
    Even 7 hours of SOT is insane people won't get that amount of SOT on their Passports too. Intrigued to know what you did to your Priv :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 06:30 AM
    If you are a Priv user and got great battery life with your Priv, Do you mind answer the following questions to help out prospective users who are concerned about the battery life of Priv, and also share some tip for those unlucky Priv users?

First, define great battery life: no need to charge throughout the day, recharge during the night when you are recharging. If you got that, please share your tips down here.

1. What's your screen brightness setting? 20%? 50%? 80%? Mine is about 70% on my Passport (not trying to compare, just to give an example to the answers I am looking for).
    2. Do you deliberately turn off most app's notifications or push features? I know I do that on my Passport for most of the apps installed. Only leave some critical ones enabled.
    3. Do you deliberately turn off Bluetooth and location services when you are not using them? I don't (again on my Passport), they are always on.
    4. Do you deliberately kill off unused apps from recent list? I do that with my Passport for most of the apps, old habits from Z10 experience, but I do leave 1-3 apps on from time to time.
    5. Do you use HUB and how many push accounts do you setup in HUB? How frequent is your polling?
    6. Are there anything else you did deliberately to improve your battery life on your Priv?
    7. When you did your OS update, did you let the phone sit for 45 min to 1 hour after you reset your phone, before you do anything to the phone (i.e. setup accounts, transfer contents, etc.)?
    8. Did you use content transfer to transfer BlackBerry content to your Android phone? I heard that if you don't transfer email accounts, the battery life will be much better.

Thanks!
    Im consistently getting 4 hours of SOT. I'm not 100% happy but it isn't too bad either. As for your questions,
    1. I have brightness to 30%
    2. All notifications on. All push on except Gmail because I use the hub for emails.
    3. I turn them off when I remember but it isn't that big of a battery hog in my opinion so I don't constantly do it.
    4. I only kill apps when I notice tons of apps are running. Aside from that, I don't mess with them.
    5. Yes I use hub and I have three accounts setup with push on for all 3.
    6. Nothing yet as most things won't help with screen battery except reducing the brightness. The screen is the biggest battery consumer for me.
    7. No.
    8. No.
    01-01-16 11:05 AM
    Even 7 hours of SOT is insane people won't get that amount of SOT on their Passports too. Intrigued to know what you did to your Priv :-)

Posted via CB10
    I am also curious. I have never hit more than 5 hours.
    01-02-16 04:36 AM
    He wasn't getting that time using the phone. He constantly trolled here with ridiculous stats and numbers hence one of the reasons he was banned.

I think 4-5 hours sot is the best anyone can hope for which is decent I think.
    01-02-16 06:44 AM
    Moderate use, I get through the day with ease. 4 hrs SOT. Coming from the Z10, this is Heaven!

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Attached Thumbnails Questions for Priv users who have great battery life with their Privs-58054.jpg  
    01-02-16 11:18 AM
    Is he banned because of this? But he showed screenshots, no one would have gone that far to troll by tempering with the screenshot images, right? O.o
    01-02-16 02:38 PM

Thanks!
    I've turned off all non Google and non essential app notifications!
    Turned down the screen brightness and turned Off adaptive.
    WiFi and location services off
    BUT bluetooth must be on for my Pebble smartwatch!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    01-02-16 02:44 PM
    I've turned off all non Google and non essential app notifications!
    Turned down the screen brightness and turned Off adaptive.
    WiFi and location services off
    BUT bluetooth must be on for my Pebble smartwatch!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    What's your average SOT?
    01-02-16 03:54 PM
    The 8h 14m 56m sot was mostly from a sot test. These are the screen shots of my regular use.
    I've gotten similar performance using the advanced interactions "flip to save battery". Are you using this option?

Posted from my Priv
    01-03-16 02:18 PM
    I've gotten similar performance using the advanced interactions "flip to save battery". Are you using this option?

Posted from my Priv
    But this only comes into action if you put your device down on a flat surface right.
    01-04-16 03:45 PM
    Moderate use, I get through the day with ease. 4 hrs SOT. Coming from the Z10, this is Heaven!

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Same here. I had to keep my Z10 plugged into my laptop all day at work. Even though I haven't fully setup my Priv I would still rate the battery life as good.
    01-04-16 04:01 PM

Thanks!
    Great battery life, charge overnight, moderate to heavy usage (emails, text, streaming/playing music, social media including videos) from 9am-11pm plug in before bed with usually greater than 35/40%

Screen is usually at about 20%, don't see a need for much brighter

Most app notifications are on, however, i do not use many apps with constant notifications

GPS is always off, unless i need to allow it for something.

Bluetooth is always off unless i am using it

WiFi is usually on, though i try to remember to turn it off when I'm not home

No other battery saving tendencies

I generally clear the task manager, so this probably helps a lot, much like active frames, i didn't see a point to having it remain active unless i was returning to it in the next 30sec/minute or after a call

I have 6 accounts to automatic push in the hub, and rarely ever clean up and delete stuff unless done when it comes in.

After updates i use immediately, though i do the update while plugged in.

I did not use content transfer. I did the first time, but after having software issues i decided to factory reset and chose to forego the content transfer and did not use a back up. Contacts were backed up to an email account so the rest was pretty easy.

Good luck in your decision, do not get too scared by the naysayers, it is an excellent phone (aside from it being android..)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-04-16 04:42 PM
    I don't know what happened today, but the battery improved so much today.
    Usually I get only 4-5 hours SOT, but today:
    I think I turned the automated brightness off but that's it.

In this rate I think I can get it to 6 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Questions for Priv users who have great battery life with their Privs-73391.jpg  
    01-06-16 02:37 AM
40 12