If you are a Priv user and got great battery life with your Priv, Do you mind answer the following questions to help out prospective users who are concerned about the battery life of Priv, and also share some tip for those unlucky Priv users?

First, define great battery life: no need to charge throughout the day, recharge during the night when you are recharging. If you got that, please share your tips down here.

1. What's your screen brightness setting? 20%? 50%? 80%? Mine is about 70% on my Passport (not trying to compare, just to give an example to the answers I am looking for).
    2. Do you deliberately turn off most app's notifications or push features? I know I do that on my Passport for most of the apps installed. Only leave some critical ones enabled.
    3. Do you deliberately turn off Bluetooth and location services when you are not using them? I don't (again on my Passport), they are always on.
    4. Do you deliberately kill off unused apps from recent list? I do that with my Passport for most of the apps, old habits from Z10 experience, but I do leave 1-3 apps on from time to time.
    5. Do you use HUB and how many push accounts do you setup in HUB? How frequent is your polling?
    6. Are there anything else you did deliberately to improve your battery life on your Priv?
    7. When you did your OS update, did you let the phone sit for 45 min to 1 hour after you reset your phone, before you do anything to the phone (i.e. setup accounts, transfer contents, etc.)?
    8. Did you use content transfer to transfer BlackBerry content to your Android phone? I heard that if you don't transfer email accounts, the battery life will be much better.

Thanks!
    ce71 and Bucwolfser like this.
    12-16-15 05:32 PM
    1) 10% I don't like it too bright. I used to have a Passport and also used 10%
    2) All app notifications and pushes are on. Gmail Sync (in Google Account Settings) is the only one that's off.
    3) Bluetooth is off, Location settings is "Battery Saving"
    4) I don't bother deliberately killing anything off in the recent list.
    5) I have one gmail, one exchange, FB, Linked-In, WA, and BBM in the Hub. 95% of my notifications are email, half from gmail and half from
    exchange.
    6) Hub sync is set to 1 hour. I use a plain black background as my wallpaper. I'm on Wifi whenever I can get it (75% of the time) and on HSPA on other times. I deliberately turn off LTE (both on my late Passport and now Priv). I hate LTE.
    7) Nothing special. I knew to keep my phone plugged for the 8 hours it took me to set it up. I stayed completely away from content transfer (all my contacts are through gmail or exchange).
    8) NO CONTENT TRANSFER!!! ))

After the Dec14-16 updates, my SOT is around 5.5-6 hours. My last complete charge was 9PM on the 14th. As of now I'm at 25% remaining on the same charge.

Good luck!
    Thanks Ajwan! I copied your replies from the other thread here so it's shared with more people.
    12-16-15 05:35 PM
    Turning off LTE is probably a huge battery saving tip.
    12-16-15 05:38 PM
    I am not sure if my priv is considered enjoying good battery life.
    When I first got my priv, I would say it is bad. So bad that within 4 hours, the battery life will drop from 100% to 40%.

It starts to get better overtime and I guess it is after most of the updates.

My priv now is that when I remove from the charger which is about 9am (100%), it will keep going to about 6pm(10% to 20%).

My passport is able to do much better which at times at about 6pm, I am still left with about 50%.

My usual settings:
    Bluetooth : on (gets connected only when driving)
    WiFi : on (get connected at home and office only)
    Brightness : 10 to 20% brightness only
    email on hub : 3
    Social media : linkedin, facebook, instgram (on check as and when I am bored)
    Notification : all are off. Only emails and message apps are kept on.
    Message app : BBM, whatsapp, facebook messager
    Vibration settings : never likes it, so always off.
    Screen on time : 30 sec
    Mobile network : 4G/3G/2G

Usually the above settings are common across all the phones I am using.

Hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    aha likes this.
    12-16-15 06:28 PM
    I easily get a full day. I start my day at 5am and if fully charged, I'll get to 9pm with some to spare. But depending on my previous day's use, i sometimes charge before bed, other times i charge in morning. I have a quickcharge 2 charger. So it takes battery from 20% to full in approx 1.5 hrs.

1. Brightness: around 70% but also use adaptive display setting.
    2. I did not turn off any push features. My aim with this phone was to operate with restrictions.
    3. Not a bluetooth user, location is always on but battery saver mode instead of GPS. It is plenty accurate for me. Wifi on when I'm home, otherwise LTE.
    4. I usually leave hub open, as well as chrome, maybe 2 other apps, but manually close any outside of that.
    5. I use hub with 5 email accounts, all push. Plus twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, sms, BBM
    6. Nothing special. I've added a lot of apps but i do monitor each install instead of bulk installing. I've had cases where i think an app has degraded my phone performance so i remove it. Not sure if it helps but I do use battery doctor. Sometimes it would warn of poorly performing app but I've not seen much from it now that my setup is pretty stable.
    7. I left my phone alone for a good period of time, as i finishing installing just before bed. Woke up and it was ready to go for most part. I do recall it being hot during initial setup so i placed it on an insulated cold pack to keep it cool.
    8. No content transfer. Did it manually where needed but most accounts and data were not locally stored. I did reformat sd card after backing up data.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    aha likes this.
    12-16-15 07:41 PM
    On a heavy day I get home with about 20% to 25% with unrestricted usage (4+ hrs SOT).

On a light day I get home with 40% to 50% (~2 hrs SOT)

1) 50% with Adaptive Brightness.
    2) No
    3) Bluetooth only ever on when I use my speakers but Location is always on
    4) Yes
    5) No
    6) No
    7) No
    8) No - if you are set up with your accounts properly, you should set up fresh and just sync accounts and not use transfer apps
    12-16-15 08:16 PM
    My passport is able to do much better which at times at about 6pm, I am still left with about 50%.
    Your usage may be similar to mine. I am usually 50% around 5-6PM too.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-16-15 08:23 PM
    If you are a Priv user and got great battery life with your Priv, Do you mind answer the following questions to help out prospective users who are concerned about the battery life of Priv, and also share some tip for those unlucky Priv users?

First, define great battery life: no need to charge throughout the day, recharge during the night when you are recharging. If you got that, please share your tips down here.

1. What's your screen brightness setting? 20%? 50%? 80%? Mine is about 70% on my Passport (not trying to compare, just to give an example to the answers I am looking for).
    2. Do you deliberately turn off most app's notifications or push features? I know I do that on my Passport for most of the apps installed. Only leave some critical ones enabled.
    3. Do you deliberately turn off Bluetooth and location services when you are not using them? I don't (again on my Passport), they are always on.
    4. Do you deliberately kill off unused apps from recent list? I do that with my Passport for most of the apps, old habits from Z10 experience, but I do leave 1-3 apps on from time to time.
    5. Do you use HUB and how many push accounts do you setup in HUB? How frequent is your polling?
    6. Are there anything else you did deliberately to improve your battery life on your Priv?
    7. When you did your OS update, did you let the phone sit for 45 min to 1 hour after you reset your phone, before you do anything to the phone (i.e. setup accounts, transfer contents, etc.)?
    8. Did you use content transfer to transfer BlackBerry content to your Android phone? I heard that if you don't transfer email accounts, the battery life will be much better.

Thanks!
    8 hrs sot
    50% brightness (default)
    I did use the content transfer app.
    I use the hub and have everything synced.
    No to everything else.
    aha likes this.
    12-16-15 09:23 PM
    8 hrs sot
    50% brightness (default)
    No to everything else.
    Content transfer for email accounts too?

12-16-15 09:29 PM
    Content transfer for email accounts too?

Gmail I guess. I did not have email set up on my samsung s5. I also entered my google account during the initial set up when prompted.
    12-16-15 09:31 PM
    8 hrs sot
    50% brightness (default)
    No to everything else.
    Wait...8 hours SOT? All other reports are 4-5 hours. Do you have screenshots you can share?
    12-16-15 10:19 PM
    Wait...8 hours SOT? All other reports are 4-5 hours. Do you have screenshots you can share?
    Ask and ye shall receive.
    Attached Thumbnails Questions for Priv users who have great battery life with their Privs-2.jpg   Questions for Priv users who have great battery life with their Privs-screenshot_2015-11-16-14-32-58.jpg  
    freeyo likes this.
    12-16-15 10:39 PM
    I don't use hub, location is off, Facebook Instagram few others are running, I can go all day without charging, I got 5 hours screen time the other day over about 15 hours that I used phone with some left. a lot better since update.

12-16-15 10:47 PM
    I don't deliberately try and save battery life as I want to just use my device as I do.

I will say I keep my brightness VERY low (slider almost all the way down) because I don't like bright screens and had it set the same way on my Passport, but not to preserve battery just preference. Still getting way better battery life on my Priv over my Passport now (about 3x better).

Have hundreds of apps installed on my Priv and don't have any special settings or App killers etc. I tried toggling turning on and off the "group background data" option in Cellular Data settings but it didn't impact the battery life.

I do have Bluetooth and location off (more for privacy weirdness than battery) but I do turn them for a while when streaming music in the car or getting directions etc. This is at least an hour a day or more.

Five accounts going in the Hub and significant App usage all day. Also use physical keyboard majority of the day with gestures and tap to wake on screen.

I ran all my settings the exact same way before, but factory reset plus the new updates completely fixed my problem.

For example, woke up today at 8 am, had phone running and using all day heavily including phone calls, and it's now almost 5 am so I think that is about 21 hours, and I still have 22% remaining.

Specs: Rogers, pre-order and picked up on Nov 6, running on LTE.

Forgot to mention when I first setup the device I did content transfer. When I did the factory reset later with the new updates, I DID NOT use content transfer and used a different backup App instead to transfer the most critical items.

Could be.... Lots of forum users report that was a big issue for them. For me it was and it was significantly improved when I did a factory reset, updated all apps and ignored content transfer. Backed up via different App. Works great now, so happy!

Thanks! You mentioned that you have similar settings on your Priv as your Passport, how do you compare the battery life now on Priv with your Passport experience before?

12-17-15 07:42 AM
    1. About 40%, adaptive brightness on.
    2. Toss up. I turned off GMail syncing to use just hub, and turned down some facebook notifications.
    3. I turn of BT when I'm not using it, same with location services. Mostly as I try to conserve bandwidth.
    5. Do you use HUB, yes. 1 e-mail account. facebook, one addition folder synced. push enabled and fairly rapid check.
    6. No google, you can't always read my location and send it to the mothership.
    7. Imported and setup everything. Then did the update. First 24h it had poor life. Once Device Search finished indexing, it got worlds better.
    8. Yes I did transfer. That is why device search took so long to index all my old SMS messages, etc and sucked battery the first 24h.

I have an e-reader app I use for about 2-3h per day on my phone and with that, texting, and general usage I have been getting in the realm of 24h+ of battery life. Yesterday I used it for about 5h, plus bluetooth playing music for a few hours, and I got 18h before I plugged it in at 4% (I do not turn on battery saver).

Right now it has been unplugged for 4.5h, used e-reader for 1h, general usage. at 82% battery.

I tried playing Fallout Shelter on it with battery, it would eat about 10% battery in 1-1.5h while playing the game. But that is about normal for something pushing graphics and CPU.
    aha likes this.
    12-17-15 11:50 AM
    Wow Tenkawa, you are my PRIV twin :/ I use an ereader maybe a little less but I would have answered all the questions but for 8 exactly the same way. I shattered my Z10 screen and so could not decrypt stuff to enable the transfer. On the plus side it really helped reduce the content on my new phone. Did take a while to manually enter my contacts as I try my best to keep other people's personal info off the mothership as well. I get reasonable battery life, only need to charge once a day or maybe even every second day, but if I fire up a newsreader over an lte connection, my battery life drops like a stone.
    12-17-15 02:11 PM
    I leave everything on, haven't made any changes to the system settings whatsoever. I have about 20% battery left by the time I go to bed
    12-17-15 02:23 PM
    The only time I notice a decrease in battery performance is after playing Candy Crush. Go figure.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-17-15 02:25 PM
    I have only turned off animations. A dark wallpaper helps A LOT.

Attached Thumbnails Questions for Priv users who have great battery life with their Privs-33788.jpg  
    12-17-15 02:27 PM
    Ask and ye shall receive.
    Thanks for the screenshot! Very kind of you!

I'm really curious now because the stats say 50% of use is the screen but there are no other use details like Apps you were using while the screen was on. Is this just pretty much with the screen on but no activity taking place? Just trying to synthesize your 8 hours with so many of the other reports out there which seem to be in the 4-5 hour range. Also wondering about what your brightness level was.

Thanks!
    12-17-15 06:30 PM
    I have no idea how Mark_sb is getting 8 hours

I'm just happy if I can hit the 4 hour mark

Today's looking like I'm only going to hit 3:30 mark if i get lucky.

12-17-15 07:01 PM
    How do you get 8 hours screen on time, do you just watch a black screen for 8 hours? That's not possible.

My day:
    0% brightness WiFi when possible, Bluetooth, location always off,
    I use social apps like instagram, snapchat, Browse quite a bit on chrome,
    Whatsapp, email, BBM a bit,
    YouTube and another hour or so watching other videos
    Read a few news apps.

I average around 4 hours screen on and I consider myself heavy using. Not sure how 8 hours is possible.

12-17-15 07:32 PM
    The 8h 14m 56m sot was mostly from a sot test. These are the screen shots of my regular use.
    Attached Thumbnails Questions for Priv users who have great battery life with their Privs-screenshot_2015-12-06-13-27-45.jpg   Questions for Priv users who have great battery life with their Privs-screenshot_2015-12-06-13-27-50.jpg   Questions for Priv users who have great battery life with their Privs-screenshot_2015-12-06-13-27-55.jpg  
    Edge of Night likes this.
    12-17-15 07:49 PM
    I have a full day battery life. I need to charge my phone only at night.
    I have about 25% brightness, adaptive and 30 second sleep time.
    I have 2 email accounts , sync interval 15 min.
    Facebook, BBM, Whatsapp.
    Sometimes I close all apps, sometimes I forget and leave.
    I have nfc and Bluetooth on.
    I deal with notification as they come, peek, and swipe to get rid.

Attached Thumbnails Questions for Priv users who have great battery life with their Privs-14617.jpg  
    12-17-15 08:23 PM
    The 8h 14m 56m sot was mostly from a sot test. These are the screen shots of my regular use.
    Thanks for the detail. While the SOT is very impressive, looks like you are a pretty light user overall so perhaps that, and very reduced screen brightness and on WiFi are explaining some of the numbers. That said, really appreciate the sharing.

Seems like SOT/Battery Life is one of the bigger frustrations for users which, among a few other things, has kept me so far from pulling the trigger on a Priv.
    12-18-15 07:34 AM
40 12