I decided to try a signal meter (app) on my phones today to see which had a better actual signal in dB. I compared my stock mm Priv with my stock mm Note 4. I've always considered the Note to be weak because its competition was previously a Passport.

They were connected to my AT&T Microcell, to eliminate weather conditions or buzzards or whatever.

Shocking, the Note had a higher signal (around 10 dB average) than the Priv. And the Note signal didn't fluctuate nearly as wildly as the Priv. I say surprisingly because without the Microcell the Note goes to no signal quicker than the Priv, in known bad spots.

Notably, the Note does NOT have a sim card in it. Could that explain the difference?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-24-16 02:12 PM
    I decided to try a signal meter (app) on my phones today to see which had a better actual signal in dB. I compared my stock mm Priv with my stock mm Note 4. I've always considered the Note to be weak because its competition was previously a Passport.

They were connected to my AT&T Microcell, to eliminate weather conditions or buzzards or whatever.

Shocking, the Note had a higher signal (around 10 dB average) than the Priv. And the Note signal didn't fluctuate nearly as wildly as the Priv. I say surprisingly because without the Microcell the Note goes to no signal quicker than the Priv, in known bad spots.

Notably, the Note does NOT have a sim card in it. Could that explain the difference?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    yes the phone is in default..................
    07-24-16 03:20 PM
    I think for a valid comparison, you would need same network SIM in both devices, side by side and turn off microcell. A borderline bad signal would give the best real world result.

If you only have one SIM, swapping them back and forth a couple of times and averaging the results should get pretty close.

Course you have no way of compensating for variances between same devices.
    07-25-16 07:52 AM
    I'll try it today. Unfortunately they use different sized Sims. But I can put the smaller on in a larger slot with short term success

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-25-16 09:22 AM