Hi to all
    Have a question, as I have mentioned before priv is my 1st BlackBerry and I already love it. Why?
    I had many other devices and almost all flagships. But priv is something special for me, for his keyboard and for his menu. Physical keyboard maybe is good for someone maybe bad, but I think it's not important. Main thing is menu. Productivity tab etc. These apps make my work much easier.
    Now question : if you use all apps BlackBerry has how you can work without them on other device? If you don't use them why you have BlackBerry? Just for name?
    I know BlackBerry managment is the worst it's not about it...

P.S. I want to change my priv to classic. I think menu will be much better than on android, do you think is this good idea?ll
    Best regards
    TBonius Rex likes this.
    08-22-17 12:32 PM
    It really depends on what you want the phone to do, if you are a heavy app user you could run into problems. If you use it for e mail some apps and internet than the classic would be fine.
    08-22-17 01:16 PM
    What does BlackBerry have that other platforms don't?

HUB+ is great, but too be honest I view most my communications in the notification drop down. If I want to see more or reply I click once there and the correct app opens. As for hardware... my phone is work provided, and BlackBerry hasn't had a SLAB phone on Verizon in several years. At the time I got this replacement (month ago) the PRIV wasn't an option... but it also has never showed up on our corporate listing of devices.

Not sure what your PS is saying... you want to go from a PRIV to Classic? That would get you the pure BB10 experience.... but depending on your app usage, might be a downgrade in capabilities. I'd never do it, but different people have different needs.
    08-22-17 01:22 PM
    I'm keeping my Priv as my WI-FI "tablet" for emailing and form entries.

I just put a Huawei Mate 9 into daily service. Both have their advantages, but battery life precludes me from continuing to use the Priv as my "daily driver" .

The Priv is the most productive device still on the market.
    08-22-17 11:06 PM
    I agree about PRIV productivity, really best device for work I have. as I mentioned before this is my 1st BlackBerry, that's why I don't know about bb10
    08-23-17 07:05 AM
    I would suggest you keep to PRIV if you want the Playstore and apps available for Android. I used a Z10 and it is still my favourite work phone. However, I could not perform other functions on it, bank apps don't work, productivity don't work etc etc.
    08-23-17 07:47 AM
    I switched to an iPhone because it's the closest experience with respect to bb10 gestures. Every app has swipe to go back, you can multitask between apps by using 3D Touch on the left side of the screen, the interface is very fluid and it's pleasing to the eyes. Apps are very high quality and most are provided by apple.
    The user experience is just more refined and has a lot less thinking points than any android overall. Not to mention the excellent battery life on the plus model (consistently), and OS updates guaranteed.

The only drawback for me is the stock email app, which is too basic, but it does the job for me as I'm only using it for personal use now.

The priv was great, but android isn't. With no more bb10 devices, it's ironic but iOS is really a better option than android.
    08-23-17 08:20 AM
    I switched to an iPhone because it's the closest experience with respect to bb10 gestures. Every app has swipe to go back, you can multitask between apps by using 3D Touch on the left side of the screen, the interface is very fluid and it's pleasing to the eyes. Apps are very high quality and most are provided by apple.
    The user experience is just more refined and has a lot less thinking points than any android overall. Not to mention the excellent battery life on the plus model (consistently), and OS updates guaranteed.

The only drawback for me is the stock email app, which is too basic, but it does the job for me as I'm only using it for personal use now.

The priv was great, but android isn't. With no more bb10 devices, it's ironic but iOS is really a better option than android.
    It all depends on how you use your phone and what you want to accomplish. If you want the freedom to customize your experience, then Android is better. If you want to have freedom to download tunes and have full functionality for NFC, then Android is better.

If those are not concerns, then the iPhone is better. Me, I like the freedom Android gives me. Doesn't mean that the iPhone isn't a great device or that it doesn't work well...it does. It just isn't for me.
    08-23-17 09:09 AM
    Just my opinion of course...going back to a Classic from a PRIV would feel like going back to an old CRT television set with rabbit ears.

At a certain point, nostalgia starts to look an awful lot like burying one's head in the sand for the pure sake of eschewing progress...
    08-23-17 09:46 AM
    in the case of BlackBerry it would more correctly be "burying their head in the SNOW"...
    08-23-17 11:28 AM
    they won't keep thier devices updated. and even If TCL owns the KEYone. who's to say BlackBerry just up and stops sending them updates and os improvements.

first with the PlayBook and now the PRIV. 400 dollars once and 1100 this time sure sucks.

love my PRIV. but I really want the latest os so I can install any App. I want the Samsung photo App, and afew other apps that only work with nougat and nmow oreo.

PRIV has been left for dead just like BB10 and the Playbook
    08-23-17 11:53 AM
    they won't keep thier devices updated. and even If TCL owns the KEYone. who's to say BlackBerry just up and stops sending them updates and os improvements.

first with the PlayBook and now the PRIV. 400 dollars once and 1100 this time sure sucks.

love my PRIV. but I really want the latest os so I can install any App. I want the Samsung photo App, and afew other apps that only work with nougat and nmow oreo.

PRIV has been left for dead just like BB10 and the Playbook
    TCL/BBMo them self decide how long they want to order OS updates from BlackBerry, so BlackBerry won't just "stop sending updates".
    08-23-17 11:58 AM
    in the case of BlackBerry it would more correctly be "burying their head in the SNOW"...
    That depends. Right now it's summer and there is lots of sand up here. Our igloos have been melted for months!
    08-23-17 01:25 PM
    You really need to experience bb10 it's great, and a shake it was treated like it was
    08-24-17 04:31 PM