For anyone who has had the PRIV since it released or even for 6+ months, does the Sliding Mechanism wear out at all from excessive use? Mine is only a month old, but just wondering if this is something I need to be conscious of.
    12-10-16 02:15 PM
    I had my torch 9810 for almost three years. The sliding mechanism never broke down, even after many many drops.
    What did happen, however, was that the tiny bolts that hold the mechanism to the body would get unscrewed.
    It was easy to tighten them, just take off the back and tighten the screws.

I predict the same would happen to the priv after a few years. The sliding mechanism is very well designed

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 02:25 PM
    For anyone who has had the PRIV since it released or even for 6+ months, does the Sliding Mechanism wear out at all from excessive use? Mine is only a month old, but just wondering if this is something I need to be conscious of.
    I am using the priv since Jan 2016. The slider is superb no issues found till date .I have installed Slider sound app which gives a nice sound each time you open and close the slider .
    Attached Thumbnails Question About the Sliding Mechanism-90246.jpg  
    Gigolo69 and anon(9742832) like this.
    12-10-16 02:31 PM
    You just get a wobbly screen after a few months
    12-10-16 02:38 PM
    I've had the PRIV since launch and the slider mechanism seems the same, rock solid. I use the VKB and PKB about equal.
    Nathan Conley and qwerty4ever like this.
    12-10-16 03:02 PM
    You just get a wobbly screen after a few months
    I've had my Priv since launch and I don't experience a wobbly screen. It's as solid today as it was at launch.

Bob
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    12-10-16 03:05 PM
    A year in, no problems.
    12-10-16 05:48 PM
    Nope. That hypothetical hasn't been an issue for me, at least not yet.
    12-10-16 07:58 PM
    Was afraid of the sliding things at first, but 1 year in, rock solid.
    12-10-16 08:24 PM
    Thanks for the responses everyone. Good to know.
    12-10-16 09:16 PM
    Was hoping to see a example of the slider sound app mentioned earlier on YouTube but nothing. Like the idea though. Should be included in a next update instead of a outside source
    12-11-16 04:42 AM
    Late to the party here, but mine was almost a year old before returning for unrelated issues. Slider still functioned as if brand new. I must admit, I only use it 3 to 5 times a week.

Don't look for many 'native' built in apps, when there are perfectly good ones available in the play store.
    And I prefer to not have them, as they typically cannot be removed if you choose not to use them or like another app better. They just sit there doing nothing except wasting memory. I currently have 14 disabled apps, that I don't want and don't use, but can't delete.
    Last edited by Wezard; 12-11-16 at 06:10 AM.
    12-11-16 05:49 AM
    I have installed Slider sound app which gives a nice sound each time you open and close the slider .
    Me too!!!!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-11-16 07:29 AM
    I had my torch 9810 for almost three years. The sliding mechanism never broke down, even after many many drops.
    What did happen, however, was that the tiny bolts that hold the mechanism to the body would get unscrewed.
    It was easy to tighten them, just take off the back and tighten the screws.

I predict the same would happen to the priv after a few years. The sliding mechanism is very well designed

Posted via CB10
    Known fix for this is to apply locktite (or just a little nail Polish) on the screws before you screw them in...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-11-16 08:02 AM
    Had mine since April. Zero Problems here
    12-11-16 08:25 AM
    I have the phone exactly one year now and the mechanism works exactly the same as when it was new.
    12-11-16 11:35 AM
    I have the phone exactly one year now and the mechanism works exactly the same as when it was new.
    Is that good or bad? Sorry, the Devil made me ask that!!!!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-11-16 12:12 PM
    Is that good or bad? Sorry, the Devil made me ask that!!!!
    Ah yes ! Definitely good ! I guess..
    FF22 likes this.
    12-11-16 12:14 PM
    My Cousin has PRIV and he is using it for more than 4 months. No problem till now with the sliding mechanism its working very smooth and fine even after its very rough use.
    12-12-16 01:00 AM
    I have had my priv for about a year and I have dropped it a few times. The power button is flush with left side and the left side is creaky. I tried flexing it a bit as some have suggested but I don't want to break it. I use double tap to wake and sleep so it's not a deal breaker. Screenshots are kinda rough though.
    12-12-16 04:47 AM
    I've had a Priv since launch day in the UK, and the slide is like new, it gets steady use, I'm no frantic user but under steady use it's been fine.
    12-12-16 10:14 AM
    No problems here either. I've had my phone since launch day. The creaking however from the pkb is another topic but irrelevant when the flip case is on..
    12-12-16 11:01 AM
    The slider mechanism is a marvel of engineering. No looseness or wobble to it. I have had my Priv since June and use the physical keyboard most of the time, so the slider gets a real workout.
    12-12-16 12:01 PM
    Absolutely not. DOnt worry it will be fine.Ive dropped it a gazillion times as well and never has it ever affected the sliding mechanism.
    newcollector and Gigolo69 like this.
    12-12-16 12:42 PM
    We have had them from day one at my company, slider is fine.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-12-16 12:56 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD