I have a Priv in the post, the Q10 is being demoted from active service as soon as the Shiny thing arrives.

Does the priv have any means of importing stuff from a Blackberry backup ?

Only really interested in contacts to start with, what is the easiest route to migration ?
    06-11-16 11:42 AM
    Try the Content Transfer app, on your Q10:

http://blackberry.com/transfer
    06-11-16 11:57 AM
    I am tempted to switch back to my q10 myself. Yeah the priv is sexy and a lot faster. One of the main reasons is that the priv is a two handed phone, I miss the feel of the q10. Also my priv creaks and cracks due to the crappy build.

PRIV - STV100-2
    06-11-16 07:56 PM
    'Q10 we are over'

I bet you'll change your mind.
    06-12-16 04:37 AM
    I definitely will agree to disagree... While I was never fan of the Q10 and chose my 9900 and the Classic over that particular model, the Priv is not at all a device I'd call 'sexy'... The vertical slider is the ugliest form factor to hit a cell phone this decade, in my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 05:08 AM
    Had a Q10 myself, loving the priv.. It is a lot bigger, but one of my biggest complaints was the Q10's screen was way too small, and the classic wasnt much bigger..

Definitely took some tweaking and getting used to the larger size, but I`m just as fast with my Priv now as I was with the q10...

As for contacts, I just used ContactsImEx for BB10 to export my contacts to a CSV file, then copied the CSV to my microsd card. Got a quick android app to read the CSV file, and my contacts were imported to the Priv painlessly..

Coupla tips- you gotta get a media player, file manager, and I recommend a third party text and email app (I tried to use the hub, but its not quite finished yet, BlueMail worked well for my email, and Textra is good for text stuff)

good luck

-j
    06-12-16 09:37 PM
    Normally having your order delivered is a good thing, it turns to a bad thing if the order has been signed for by somebody else, in another country.

I had to go and fetch a delivery from a DHL office a few years ago, in a canoe with an outboard motor, I hope history is not going to repeat itself.

DHL I am making a wax effigy of you, I have pins........ where is my phone ?
    06-15-16 03:26 PM
    I could have ordered a Priv through Carphone Warehouse but a three day wait seemed too long, oh no, I'm sure I can get one next day online.
    This Internet thing speeds everything up..... Oh, 2-3 days express shipment, well I suppose it means I dont have to pay city centre parking to collect it.

So I get a tracking number, and the shipment has been picked up by DHL, in Slovakia, errrr, ok.

Next day, tracking says it has been delivered, to a Mr Sisolak in Lozorno, Slovakia.

This is not good, my order has been delivered to somewhere in Slovakia and I cannot find anybody to talk to.

If Blackberry is dependant on sales of Priv actually putting them in customers hands is paramount.

I am a Privs worth of cash out of pocket with no means of contact to pursue where my order has actually gone to.
    06-16-16 04:12 AM
    It seems Blackberry customer service no longer exists, I have made no progress at all in speaking to an actual person that can tell me where my phone is.

So I have cancelled the order as a last resort.
    06-16-16 01:03 PM
    Try the Content Transfer app, on your Q10:

Content Transfer - United States
    There doesnt seem to be any option to restore the content from a BB10 backup to a Priv.

The USB port on my Q10 has moved from flaky to dead so it looks like I cannot import my contacts any more

PS: It went on for a charge to 100% when it arrived and has used 20% of battery in just over an hour.

Maybe I should go and get another BB10 phone instead
    06-29-16 08:48 AM