Last week I tried several AT&T stores to see the BlackBerry "Napa" leather material first hand as I gained a lot of skepticism after my experience with the Passport flip case. The Chicago AT&T flagship store on Michigan Ave where I picked up my Priv did not carry it and the sales reps were once again not familiar with yet another BlackBerry device, no matter this time it having the Android OS. It is sad to see that most AT&T in store sales people actually feel entitled to not know anything about anything with a BlackBerry label. Going back to cases... the Passport flip case was also touted to have a Napa leather and as many already know, it is actually a very cheap, plastic like material and mine started fraying in the corners only after a few months. If you are familiar with the PP flip case, how does the new Priv Napa texture/quality compare to it whether on the Priv flip case or the Priv pouch? Is it the same material as the PP flip case or significantly better, apples and oranges?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 06:53 AM
    Last week I tried several AT&T stores to see the BlackBerry "Napa" leather material first hand as I gained a lot of skepticism after my experience with the Passport flip case. The Chicago AT&T flagship store on Michigan Ave where I picked up my Priv did not carry it and the sales reps were once again not familiar with yet another BlackBerry device, no matter this time it having the Android OS. It is sad to see that most AT&T in store sales people actually feel entitled to not know anything about anything with a BlackBerry label. Going back to cases... the Passport flip case was also touted to have a Napa leather and as many already know, it is actually a very cheap, plastic like material and mine started fraying in the corners only after a few months. If you are familiar with the PP flip case, how does the new Priv Napa texture/quality compare to it whether on the Priv flip case or the Priv pouch? Is it the same material as the PP flip case or significantly better, apples and oranges?

Posted via CB10
    The nappa leather on the Priv flip case is much smoother and softer.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    01-03-16 08:53 AM
    The nappa leather on the Priv flip case is much smoother and softer.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    Actually you are right in that the way BlackBerry spells it is "Nappa" unlike my spelling of "Napa" which is very confusing... Wikipedia defines Napa as a soft supple leather whereas "Nappa" is listed as fake/faux that looks like leather but not leather. The description on the Shop BlackBerry site describes the Priv case leather as Genuine Nappa which is tantamount to saying genuine fake! What exactly is the case material of the Priv... is it real leather or not?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:23 AM
    01-03-16 12:31 PM
    I purchased the PRIV leather swivel holster. Its possible that it's imitation leather but it feels like genuine leather. The belt clip part came unbonded after about 2 weeks. That was initially a big disappointment. Especially since it was a $50 case.

I removed the loose belt clip and installed a piece of black leather in the opening. Turns out I like using it as a sleeve better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    Attached Thumbnails Q: Priv Napa, is it the same as Passport Flip Case Napa?-55637.jpg  
    01-03-16 01:46 PM
    When you search the Web there is conflicting information on napa and nappa leather.

http://www.collonil.com/en/magazine/.../#.Vol9F_pOlnE

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-03-16 02:00 PM