Something I noticed while cruising through Google Play earlier - I went to the listings for preloaded apps like BlackBerry Camera and Launcher, and there were updates for them that did not appear when my Priv was updating apps initially. In fact, when looking at the list of installed apps in Google Play, BBM was the only BlackBerry app that appeared. I had to go through them all manually and update each one.

Now they appear in the list of installed apps and should update automatically. Not sure if this has been happening to a lot of other people, but it's worth checking because the updates addressed a lot of bugs for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 09:32 PM
    Yeah there's been mention of this on a few threads.
    11-07-15 09:39 PM
    Yeah there's been mention of this on a few threads.
    Ah, I must've missed it. Probably best to have a visible thread for it anyhow though, the updates make a world of difference.
    11-07-15 09:41 PM
    I think it's a general Android bug -- when I got my Moto X all of it's Motorola apps had to be manually updated as well and didn't auto update with the rest of the Play Store apps. But I think once you update it once manually the subsequent install can be done automatically. Still doesn't hurt to always check manually.
    11-07-15 09:58 PM
    I got the updates in Play Store. They were just waiting for me so maybe because I don't do "auto update in Play Store. You can change that in Play Store settings. Included was BBM, and HUB. Some great changes in hub ... New I noticed is reply email icons and rearrange in hub settings.

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 10:01 PM
    This was the case for me. I had to search "BlackBerry Limited" and saw them all with 'Update' on them.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    11-07-15 10:06 PM
    Thanks for the catch. Saw this on other posts as well.
    11-07-15 10:12 PM
    It kinda makes sense. You haven't actually downloaded them from the playstore yet, they were already on the phone. Your playstore account probably isn't even realizing that you have those apps. Once you do an update it should connect the dots and start notifying you.

Just a guess.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:17 PM
    It kinda makes sense. You haven't actually downloaded them from the playstore yet, they were already on the phone. Your playstore account probably isn't even realizing that you have those apps. Once you do an update it should connect the dots and start notifying you.

Just a guess.

Posted via CB10
    It's definitely not how it should work. It requires you to manually find each individual app's listing and update it on your own. It should be detecting them all to ensure you're always up-to-date - heck, it managed to detect BBM.

However, after you do it once the apps are added to Google Play's list of installed apps, so I think they should remain up-to-date thereafter. Still not intuitive and definitely a bug, however.
    11-07-15 10:22 PM
    Yeah, it's a plot to make the Priv hard to use. The industry is shivering in their shoes about this device. They're like, 'uh oh, BlackBerry looks to be back...'

Just kidding! Enjoy your Priv! The updates are easy.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:03 PM