we don't have access to recovery mode
    Ok. I guess i can stop trying to figure out why usb debugging is now permanently greyed out

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-01-15 08:31 PM
    Did you get this phone from a carrier? I thought STV100-3 was only for Canadian carriers and they weren't going release update until Dec 7
    Review unit from BlackBerry.
    12-01-15 08:31 PM
    Review unit from BlackBerry.
    I have that variant. Can you point me in the right direction on how to do this boss?

12-01-15 10:49 PM
    I have that variant. Can you point me in the right direction on how to do this boss?

The procedure hasn't been resolved yet. There are some technical issues to figure out first - if they can be.
    12-01-15 10:57 PM
    Quick question if you unlock a carrier bought Priv will you receive updates same time as Shop Blackberry ones? I bought my phone from Bell because I was too impatient lol

12-01-15 11:03 PM
    Quick question if you unlock a carrier bought Priv will you receive updates same time as Shop Blackberry ones? I bought my phone from Bell because I was too impatient lol

Nope still count as carrier device
    skibnik likes this.
    12-01-15 11:05 PM

The procedure hasn't been resolved yet. There are some technical issues to figure out first - if they can be.

What he said.
    12-01-15 11:11 PM

No.

Factory-unlocked is different from SIM/carrier-unlocked.
    skibnik likes this.
    12-01-15 11:12 PM
    Yeah there's no way I've found into recovery mode on the Priv, which does allow flashing an upgrade package..... there IS fastboot, but be damn careful in there -- it's quite easy to brick the device and if you do the only autoloader available is for the *fully* unlocked STV100-1 (NOT the carrier released versions!)
    12-01-15 11:20 PM
    Another question is there a program like Sachesi available to use to download "leaks" and do you need a Rooted device in order to do so?

12-01-15 11:25 PM
    Another question is there a program like Sachesi available to use to download "leaks" and do you need a Rooted device in order to do so?

It's impossible for the Priv, but knowing what to download requires an update notification and a way to access device logs.

Software update URLs aren't as easy to guess as they are on BB10.
    skibnik likes this.
    12-01-15 11:31 PM

Not yet ..maybe later we can hope
    skibnik likes this.
    12-01-15 11:31 PM
    Confirmed: Wiping your device reinitiates the OTA download.
    Nice! Thanks blaze

12-01-15 11:44 PM
    My main concern, which hasn't been changed so far in the AMA, is that we have no guarantees we'll even get these updates. They can push out critical updates to all devices, but that's it. Can they make their Marshmallow update critical to force it?

I'd be getting a Verizon unit, and I'd expect they would try to keep updates away from us as much as they can. The delay in them getting it is probably because they want it on an older version than 5.1.1, like them being the only one to release the Z10 with 10.0.9.

Michael Clewley just said this:
    We are working with our carrier partners to ensure they are providing updates to users quickly. This update was a special case as it contained security patches plus other goodness. In the future when we do security patches it will be even faster.
    12-03-15 02:02 PM
39 12