Here's why people don't care about privacy.

I live in hk not sure if it applies to the guys in the states or canada.

1. Will they give up instagram, facebook and twitter
    2. If the government wanted your data transmission they probably can
    3. Even if the above is yes, will their friends or families?

All 3 has to be true for any real privacy to be had. Fact is, priv doesn't perform any better to an average Joe than any average android phone can.

I am just in it for the keyboard and slider form factor mostly, the priv security thing is just icing

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 08:05 AM
    I'm calling BS on this post! The original post is full on inaccuracies or I dare say.... flat out lies!

I've never had an app fail to work if a permission is turned off. Why? Because Marshmallow spoofs the data. Prime Example: Facebook app (no not 3rd party FB apps). It has close to a dozen permissions. I turned them all off. It still works as expected.

You can go into Settings and force stop an app. Then if you want, you can disable Google built in apps if you want. I did it with Google +, Chrome, Google Play Games, Google Play Music, Hangouts, Messenger, and Photos.

Okay, you can disable Google Play Services too. But yes a lot of apps won't work cause it needs it. But then again, if you don't need GPS, then why buy an Android phone, BB10 will do the job as a smartphone.

XDA website has additional tool and help for setting up Android phones to increase privacy, but again at the cost of many apps not working. Again, see BB10.

I also installed the app called OS Monitor. It monitors incoming and outgoing data by app. Everything is as I expected.

I sideloaded AdGuard. No rooting required. NO ads, saves on data consumption too.

Finally on BB10.... there is no DTEK app available for BB10. How do we really know what or if apps on a BB10 device is not mining data? How can you tell? Yea, just relying on "reputation".
    You can tell in BB10 by going to Device Monitor.
    You can see what resources each app uses, when it ulpoaded data to the Internet, and you can turn its permissions off.
    The privacy in Priv is a joke compared to BB10.
    lift likes this.
    11-20-15 08:33 AM
52 123