I find this image interesting. I read it came from BlackBerry 10.3.3 and given the screen ratio I'm guessing it's off of a Passport. Likely a SE.

It says Android Run time. So maybe it's an update of the runtime to Lolipop. But also, wasn't one of the requirements to allow access to Google services, be that a cell phone manufacturer included a powered by Android image on their boot screen. It looks like this could be a bit of evidence showing BlackBerry will have devices running 10.3.3 with Google services.

Hopefully BlackBerry 10 version of Venice.

Attachment 368222

Posted via CB10
    That's just something somebody put together. The BB squircle logo on that looks to be the one from 10.2 and earlier. Plus, if there's going to be an Android logo, it's not going to be that tiny and inside the squircle. If anything, I'd imagine some initial BB loader animation, followed by full-screen Android logos, then the carrier.
    08-24-15 11:57 AM
    I hope they market both android and BB10 models and allow a user to download an image to load android/bb10 if they change their mind.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:56 AM
    I hope they market both android and BB10 models and allow a user to download an image to load android/bb10 if they change their mind.

Posted via CB10
    Yet again...

Nothing in the world justifies having separate models of Venice for each OS. It makes no sense, and if everyone would sit down and think about it for a minute rather than just parroting what they read from other people equally lacking common sense, they'd stop spreading this BS.

Here's my question:

Since hardware variants reflect physical differences (usually the cellular chip to work on various networks) between phones, what needs to be PHYSICALLY different between a phone running BB10 or Android?

Answer, for the nonthinking among us, is nothing. This is purely a software issue - the Android OS will need to be signed so that it can be loaded onto the phone in the first place.

This is roughly the same idea as the Hackintosh. If the OS and the device see each other as valid, it will work without the need for any special hardware.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 11:47 AM
    What makes you think when someone says they hope they make a BB10 version, that they mean a completely new phone?

The only thing they said was, I hope they make a version with BB10. Stop jumping to conclusions, putting words into people's mouths. It makes you seem ignorant.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 11:57 PM
    I find this image interesting. I read it came from BlackBerry 10.3.3 and given the screen ratio I'm guessing it's off of a Passport. Likely a SE.

It says Android Run time. So maybe it's an update of the runtime to Lolipop. But also, wasn't one of the requirements to allow access to Google services, be that a cell phone manufacturer included a powered by Android image on their boot screen. It looks like this could be a bit of evidence showing BlackBerry will have devices running 10.3.3 with Google services.

Hopefully BlackBerry 10 version of Venice.

Attachment 368222

Posted via CB10
    10.3.3 running Android with official support for google services would be a welcomed edition to the platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:09 AM
    Its fake - we know what the android logos look like on Blackberry devices and its nothing like that.
    09-27-15 07:57 AM
    Attachment 367920

This was the first time they showed off the slider.... I'm pretty sure that's bb10.....

*Fingers crossed* they release a bb10 variant

Posted via CB10
    It's not running BB10 here it's just a dummy phone with a backlight image of BB10.

You can even see that it is not aligned correctly why is the screen cut where the search key is?

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    09-27-15 08:32 AM
    Yet again...

Nothing in the world justifies having separate models of Venice for each OS. It makes no sense, and if everyone would sit down and think about it for a minute rather than just parroting what they read from other people equally lacking common sense, they'd stop spreading this BS.

Here's my question:

Since hardware variants reflect physical differences (usually the cellular chip to work on various networks) between phones, what needs to be PHYSICALLY different between a phone running BB10 or Android?

Answer, for the nonthinking among us, is nothing. This is purely a software issue - the Android OS will need to be signed so that it can be loaded onto the phone in the first place.

This is roughly the same idea as the Hackintosh. If the OS and the device see each other as valid, it will work without the need for any special hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Kinda what I was thinking, as well. Hoping that if the DroidBerry software sucks, someone will figure out the way to hack 10.3.3 onto the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 05:54 AM
    Hoping that if the DroidBerry software sucks, someone will figure out the way to hack 10.3.3 onto the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    You can't "hack" the chipset drivers (or most other drivers). They cost millions of dollars for Qualcomm to produce - which is why they haven't been asked to make them.

BB10 can't be "hacked" either. Without BlackBerry signing keys and hardware authentication, it would not install on any other device.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-10-15 06:37 AM
    You can't "hack" the chipset drivers (or most other drivers). They cost millions of dollars for Qualcomm to produce - which is why they haven't been asked to make them.

BB10 can't be "hacked" either. Without BlackBerry signing keys and hardware authentication, it would not install on any other device.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Where is the source for knowing it costs so much? I've seen it bandied about but where does this info come from? It seems that is highly inflated for the actual work necessary to port drivers over to an OS that is compatible with Unix at a low-level. I suppose it could be a case of them just not wanting to bother and putting up a ridiculous bounty (like some app makers demanded). It just seems like millions is 10 times higher than what I'd find reasonable.
    10-13-15 09:41 AM
    Where is the source for knowing it costs so much? I've seen it bandied about but where does this info come from? It seems that is highly inflated for the actual work necessary to port drivers over to an OS that is compatible with Unix at a low-level. I suppose it could be a case of them just not wanting to bother and putting up a ridiculous bounty (like some app makers demanded). It just seems like millions is 10 times higher than what I'd find reasonable.
    To be honest I kinda doubt the "cost" for drivers is THE reason, or that the cost is that high. But is is just one more cost added to many other costs that make continuing BB10 a losing proposition with the low volume that it is selling.

I think if there were anymore BB10 devices coming... Chen would mention it in order to "show" their commitment to BB10 and help bolster sales until the PRIV is launched. Cause right now it sure seems like BB10 is a lame duck.
    10-13-15 10:12 AM
36 12