I had just noticed this, and haven't read anyone comment on this. In the GIF demo of the Venice that was leaked I think there is proof that BlackBerry will be releasing the Venice with a BlackBerry 10 version. Look at the speaker phone key, is that an overflow menu button for BlackBerry 10?

Thoughts?
    Is this proof of a BlackBerry 10 Venice Varient?-img_20150821_233949.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 10:49 PM
    Android has an identical overflow menu button. That's also not a button I've ever seen on a BB10 PKB, for that matter.

Is this proof of a BlackBerry 10 Venice Varient?-android-wear-material-design.png
    08-21-15 11:21 PM
    Interesting. Didn't know that. But I've noticed that images of the Venice running Android don't have the overflow menu button. Could it be that only the BlackBerry 10 version has that button?
    Is this proof of a BlackBerry 10 Venice Varient?-blackberry-venice-slider-keyboard.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:25 PM
    Interesting. Didn't know that. But I've noticed that images of the Venice running Android don't have the overflow menu button. Could it be that only the BlackBerry 10 version has that button?

Posted via CB10
    These are internal renders with a design that is subject to change. I wouldn't read anything into such minor changes.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-21-15 11:28 PM
    Thanks for the input!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the input!

Posted via CB10
    You come here in your original post to offer "proof" based on a leaked image? Wow!!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:54 PM
    You come here in your original post to offer "proof" based on a leaked image? Wow!!

Posted via CB10
    I came here to offer proof? Really?

My subject line asks, "Is this proof of a BlackBerry 10 Venice Variant?" I'm asking a question. No where did I offer, or suggest to have, concrete evidence.

You need to work on your basic reading comprehension friend.

I say "Wow!!" too.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 06:57 AM
    I think we'll hear about all the speculation on that ****ty day coming 9/11. 2 weeks before earnings ,lol
    08-22-15 07:05 AM
    Here's my unsupported theory - some of the prototypes might have bb10 design cues because originally this was going to be a BB10 phone but sales have collapsed to such a point they realise this is a waste of time and it became an android phone as a last throw of the dice.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and kbz1960 like this.
    08-22-15 07:44 AM
    Is this proof of a BlackBerry 10 Venice Varient?-s.jpg

This was the first time they showed off the slider.... I'm pretty sure that's bb10.....

*Fingers crossed* they release a bb10 variant

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 07:47 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s.jpg 
Views:	8087 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	367920

This was the first time they showed off the slider.... I'm pretty sure that's bb10.....

Posted via CB10
    Fingers crossed is right. I still think Android is the right move for BlackBerry to win back the masses. But BlackBerry 10 for government, enterprise, fan boys, and me. I love BlackBerry 10! Gestures and Active Frames rock!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 07:59 AM
    I also hope in a BB10 variant but it seems that BlackBerry 10 is no more compliant to current Snapdragon processors.

Hence the actual moves to Android...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 12:36 AM
    Wanted to add that this render looks awesome

Is this proof of a BlackBerry 10 Venice Varient?-crackberry-image_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Moroianu George likes this.
    08-23-15 01:20 AM
    Regardless of what it means, awesome catch on the overflow menu keyboard button! I wonder if that means they'll also enable some sort of keyboard-based 'key' shortcuts for the options, how 'universal' they will be, or if this means there is still a chance the keyboard might be capacitive (like the Passport) and allow for the user to scroll up/down the menu options.
    08-23-15 09:46 AM
    Nah probably just proof that BlackBerry's marketing department, that stellar organization, lacks attention to detail in the rendered videos.

Posted via Z30
    08-23-15 12:29 PM
    Here's my unsupported theory - some of the prototypes might have bb10 design cues because originally this was going to be a BB10 phone but sales have collapsed to such a point they realise this is a waste of time and it became an android phone as a last throw of the dice.

Name:	s.jpg 
Views:	8087 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	367920

Posted via CB10
    Think your answer is the first quote.
    08-23-15 12:35 PM
    BB may be working on devices running on either BB10 or Android. There are also leaked pictures of the passport running Android.
    08-23-15 03:50 PM
    I'm pretty sure that slider will have dual boot OS which means we are able to switch anytime. That's why the leaks of bb running android also shown for blackberry passport silver edition.

Posted via bb :P
    08-23-15 06:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure that slider will have dual boot OS which means we are able to switch anytime. That's why the leaks of bb running android also shown for blackberry passport silver edition.

Posted via bb :P
    Pretty sure why? Cause that's what you think? How big is storage going to be? Seem silly to have a duel boot phone. Why would anyone even want one? To be like mac so you can get software/apps that you can't otherwise? Isn't that what the runtime is for?
    08-23-15 08:20 PM
    Pretty sure why? Cause that's what you think? How big is storage going to be? Seem silly to have a duel boot phone. Why would anyone even want one? To be like mac so you can get software/apps that you can't otherwise? Isn't that what the runtime is for?
    I agree - dual boot is so user-unfriendly that it'll never happen. No one wants to reboot their phone to change OSes. Imagine if you are using your Android OS for personal uses, and you need to reboot to boot into BB10 to check your work email. Not going to happen.

The way BB10 works with the runtime is almost perfect - it just needs to run better. That's what the hope was for with the hypervisor setup to run two OSes concurrently where Android would perform just as well as BB10 as far as it not having all the emulation/translation layers as the run time. It seems that the dream of both in that setup isn't going to come to fruition though.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-23-15 08:44 PM
    I'd love someone to explain. WHY they think BlackBerry would make two variants of the same device just to run two different OSes.

It makes absolutely no sense to have two different SKUs, two different model names to differentiate them, and then there's all the confusion it'll cause "Do you have the BlackBerry 10 BlackBerry or the Android BlackBerry" - it's INSANE.

Further, the Silver Edition Passport clearly shows they can stick Android on phones that were originally designed to run BB10.

Can we PLEASE stop this stupid "two variants" malarkey now? It didn't make sense before, and certainly doesn't now.

The same phone will be able to run either OS. How it happens remains to be seen.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Tobias and jas1978 like this.
    08-24-15 06:30 AM
    I find this image interesting. I read it came from BlackBerry 10.3.3 and given the screen ratio I'm guessing it's off of a Passport. Likely a SE.

It says Android Run time. So maybe it's an update of the runtime to Lolipop. But also, wasn't one of the requirements to allow access to Google services, be that a cell phone manufacturer included a powered by Android image on their boot screen. It looks like this could be a bit of evidence showing BlackBerry will have devices running 10.3.3 with Google services.

Hopefully BlackBerry 10 version of Venice.

Is this proof of a BlackBerry 10 Venice Varient?-wpid-blackberry_10_runtime.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:37 AM
    With the specs being so similar between the passports, I'm also not sure why I couldn't download an update/upgrade/how ever you want to phrase it, and get Android on an original passport. For me id even be willing to try and run a 4:3 on the screen since 16:9 obviously doesnt work and there is a lot of passport screen real estate for the apps anyways. Having said all of this im not even noob level on the programming side of things and there could be very simple reasons why I couldnt install a new OS regardless of specs.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:58 AM
    Maybe when Passport with Android launches, BlackBerry will offer an upgrade to current Passport owners with BlackBerry 10.

Or they might force you to buy a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 11:51 AM
    I find this image interesting. I read it came from BlackBerry 10.3.3 and given the screen ratio I'm guessing it's off of a Passport. Likely a SE.

It says Android Run time. So maybe it's an update of the runtime to Lolipop. But also, wasn't one of the requirements to allow access to Google services, be that a cell phone manufacturer included a powered by Android image on their boot screen. It looks like this could be a bit of evidence showing BlackBerry will have devices running 10.3.3 with Google services.

Hopefully BlackBerry 10 version of Venice.

Name:	wpid-blackberry_10_runtime.jpg 
Views:	6052 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	368222

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I saw that image back a few months ago.... think someone figured out it was photo shopped - haven't heard much else about it.

We'll just have to wait and see what BlackBerry finally releases. But I do agree that at some point the SLIDER might have started out with BB10, and that changed.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-24-15 11:57 AM
36 12