He asked me how I rendered the quality so good and if I used snapseed or vsco to touch it up.

I told him the photo was completely untouched in any way, shape or form and was captured using my Priv which has an 18MP Schneider-Kruezach sensor.

He was seriously impressed. 😀

Anyone else blown away by the Priv's camera?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-16 11:57 PM
    yeah, I'm really pleased as well, it is light years ahead of previous BlackBerry cameras and can compete with the best on the market! Love it!
    04-13-16 01:54 AM
    It's a good camera that's for sure.

04-13-16 02:02 AM
    It's incredible, I'm on a vacation trip on Italy I was talking pictures on Pompeii and for my amusement the Priv pictures enhanced the paintings on the wall so clearly I can see details I didn't noticed with my own eyes. BTW I have always had BlackBerry phones for traveling and my wife has Galaxy phones, for the first time she kept her GS5 on her purse and ask me to transfer my photos to her.

Bay 13 likes this.
    04-13-16 03:36 AM
    He asked me how I rendered the quality so good and if I used snapseed or vsco to touch it up.

I told him the photo was completely untouched in any way, shape or form and was captured using my Priv which has an 18MP Schneider-Kruezach sensor.

He was seriously impressed. ��

My brother's a professional photographer. I took a couple photo's and sent them to him and his reaction was "OMG, that's a phone????". He said the shots were better than the small pocket camera he carries around with him
    04-13-16 04:32 AM
    Do you use with HDR on or off? I really like the HDR mode but the auto mode needs better color rendering or whatever you call it
    04-13-16 07:13 AM
    Do you use with HDR on or off? I really like the HDR mode but the auto mode needs better color rendering or whatever you call it
    I keep HDR off. I'm not really sure how HDR works. I'm sure it slows the image capture down slightly by having it on.
    04-13-16 02:03 PM
    The Priv camera is awesome. I use my Priv now instead of my good quality point and shoot camera which I bought less than a year ago for about $230. It is better in many ways and has some features the other camera doesn't have.

Posted with my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-13-16 02:55 PM
    I sometimes use the HDR but turn it off for fast moving targets.

Posted with my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-13-16 02:57 PM

Let's see the picture!

Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    04-13-16 03:07 PM
    Just ordered the Priv for my wife for $199 through Rogers. She has been wanting a phone with a good camera for a while.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 03:13 PM
    So?
    Post this pic here.

Posted via PP
    04-13-16 03:19 PM
    Just ordered the Priv for my wife for $199 through Rogers. She has been wanting a phone with a good camera for a while.

Posted via CB10
    You should have bought her an S7.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    04-13-16 11:01 PM
    You should have bought her an S7.

Posted via CB10
    Nah, he made the right choice. The Priv is a way better phone than the S7. Makes no thensthe.

04-14-16 12:08 AM
    Absolutely indeed.

Everyone is impressed about the pictures insane quality !!

Clearly far far ahead of the previous BlackBerry!

Posted via the amazing Priv by BlackBerry
    04-14-16 01:04 AM
    The PRIV definitely has the best camera I have ever had on a BlackBerry phone. My Z10 took some great pics too. But the PRIV really knocks it out of the park. It still has issues with some colors, tho. But I can usually dial down the exposure to get the detail back.

PRIVateering since 2015.
    04-14-16 07:12 AM
    Let me guess, he saw a little pic on the web. Most modern sensors will look lovely on the web in a small 480x480 image. Now this "professional" photographer should have asked to see a 11"x17" print from that sensor, and then you'll see why you can't replace a DSLR for professional work. Consumers are indoctrinated by "MP" thinking more are better. Ask Canon that question. Canon pushes more and more megapixels, yet, Nikon clearly wins in Image quality with less MP...

I'll gladly take my Nikon D700 (only a measly 12.1 MP) or D750 and put it up against any phone camera and we will see what produces the best work. MP means nothing, expect for fan boys to brag about how many MP their cameras have. The "professional" photographer probably giggled as you said the sensor was Schneider-Kreuznach. The lens is (maybe, I say maybe, because no where in any Priv specs say the lens is Schneider-Kreuznach, only "With an 18 MP dual-flash camera, certified by Schneider-Kreuznach...") Schneider-Kreuznach, not the sensor.
    04-14-16 07:23 AM
    lets see this wonderful shot why sit here and talk about it let us in on it
    04-14-16 07:25 AM

Took this shot with my priv this morning (about 2 hours ago)
    04-14-16 08:10 AM
    Got my Nikon camera and it beats my blackberry priv hands down. (Our phone 's camera censor is just to small and weak to even stand side by side with some real dslr or slr camera's)

This one was shot with an OLD Samsung Note 4 ;

04-14-16 08:14 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...e3067e56dd.jpg

Took this shot with my priv this morning (about 2 hours ago)
    The picture you took does not demonstrate the quality of the priv's camera.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 08:15 AM
    The picture you took does not demonstrate the quality of the priv's camera.

Posted via CB10
    Well maybe you can take one to demonstrate the quality for us...
    04-14-16 08:16 AM
    The Priv's camera can even make a pen and mouse mat look sexy...

Let's hope these do it some justice in terms of focus shots.
    Attached Thumbnails A professional photographer asked about a photo I took with the Priv-1460640347195.jpg   A professional photographer asked about a photo I took with the Priv-1460640356106.jpg  
    04-14-16 08:26 AM

He was seriously impressed. ��

Show us the picture your talking about
    WT44 likes this.
    04-14-16 08:27 AM

Pics or it didn't happen... 😒

Posted via CB10
    WT44 likes this.
    04-14-16 08:28 AM
34 12