I been using Z10 Z30 for years and now I have a Priv. I flick up words as easy as pie but in the last week or so they won't flip up easy. I have to sometime flick my thump up three times to get the word to take. Anyone else have this problem? I used to be able to write sentences by flicking but now it's like it doesn't sense my finger as good. As matter of fact it sux.

Any ideas

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's ๐ŸŒŽ largest network.
    08-17-16 06:43 AM
    Hi baspeed. Yes, this seems to be a known problem since the latest update. The update added Chinese function to the keyboards but many of us are experiencing what you have noted. I had some communication from here, from a BlackBerry Tech and he had me uninstall the update. The keyboards were back to their fabulous condition. Then when he had me reinstall, the issues returned. He asked if I would do more testing for them but that was almost 2 weeks ago and I have not heard anything further. It is very disappointing that we have this problem.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-17-16 08:15 AM
    So a reboot/restart does not necessarily fix it?
    08-17-16 08:25 AM
    So a reboot/restart does not necessarily fix it?
    No. It's an issue with the app.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    08-17-16 08:59 AM
    Hello guys, has anyone heard any updates? I noticed a few reviews on google store for the keyboard app providing the same feedback and it seems BB is aware based on posts here. I don't understand that they don't revert the app to the previous version as the latest update broke one of the basic features of the keyboard for many users. It's really annoying to use the pkb now with the swipe up not working.
    08-20-16 10:50 AM
    I agree. I have heard nothing further. It looks from all the app feedback, the people who wanted Chinese characters are very happy though. The rest of us.....

08-20-16 12:43 PM
    Same here - but hit or miss, sometimes it works great, other times not so good.

Just to be clear, are ya'll saying to uninstall the keyboard updates?
    I've never uninstallled updates, the only option that comes up says, "uninstall ALL updates". Is this what I want to do?
    08-21-16 09:47 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

Just was using my Z30 and no problem like my Priv. I have to flick three times or more. Very upsetting no one cares. So long for the great BlackBerry virtual keyboard everyone talks about.

Crazy really. Where's the productivity?

How do I get to my last keyboard or should we just wait for next. I don't have MM could that be an issue?

08-24-16 07:39 AM
    Baspeed, you need to go into your settings, apps, BlackBerry Keyboard, then on the upper right "uninstall updates." You will also have to disable automatic updates thru Google Play Store first. This will restore the keyboard to the last setting. This is what the BlackBerry Tech guy had me do. He has not given me any further messages in over 3 weeks and he said then they were trying to get a solution.

08-24-16 08:22 AM
    This will restore the keyboard to the last setting.
    My understanding is that uninstalling updates will take you back to the original, as in, it uninstalls ALL of that apps updates that have ever come from playstore.
    From what I've read, the only way to roll back one update, is to find an APK mirror site that has the previous version, and download from there.
    Apparently with play store it's all or nothing.

I don't know if the above is true, but a bit of research came up with this on several different sites.
    08-24-16 05:07 PM
    All I can say is repeat above - BlackBerry had me uninstall the updates button for the keyboard. Both my pkb and vkb work just like they - they are great! So if BlackBerry fixes whatever they did in their latest version, then that would be great.

baspeed likes this.
    08-24-16 05:29 PM
    I'll prob up doing that, but mine works well, most of the time. Annoying as heck when it does mess up though.

I do wish I knew for sure if uninstalling updates does go all the way back, or just one version. All the way back just doesn't sound right.
    Guess more research is in order, and make sure to note version # if I do uninstall.
    08-24-16 06:57 PM
    Mine works a bit better since recent OS update, but not perfect by any means.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    08-24-16 09:34 PM
    Thank you BlackBerry you fixed the issue with this latest update

๐Ÿป

09-08-16 04:33 PM