Hi. I've tried searching through the forums and Internet but haven't been able to get a solution to my issue. I just got a Priv for Christmas yesterday but can't find a way to set up a Microsoft exchange account. I try to add all the details from the "add account" screen in settings and it gets as far as saying "configuring login" but then it just keeps bouncing back to the add account screen.

I can see the account in the outlook app but want to add it to the hub and calendar / tasks apps etc. I've already factory reset.

I'm coming from a galaxy s6 and didn't have any issues setting up the account there. Love the priv but this is really bugging me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-26-15 05:20 AM
    Have you updated all of the blackberry apps from Google play? If it's the first time then you need to search far blackberry limited and then manually update all the apps, there are about 8 or so from memory, after that then they will auto update, also check in settings, about, software update just to make sure the priv is fully up to date, after that reboot and try setup again, there are a few updates for the hub and blackberry services in Google play store which are important, good luck.

12-26-15 06:29 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I updated everything before setting up the phone so not sure why it won't connect. It's strange because the outlook app can register the account but not the phone itself.

12-26-15 06:46 AM
    There is a limit of 10 active-sync devices per an exchange account, check to see if you have more than 9 devices? It doesn't provide typical error reporting, if I remember just an email through exchange that often just looks like junk. It includes all devices so it's easier to exceed than one might think if you have connected a few phones, desktops, laptops and tablets over the years.

I use hosted exchange and can only remove the phone accounts through the web interface.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 09:05 AM
    Thanks. Unfortunately I don't know how to log in to owa (although I can get into office 365 on the Web but there doesn't seem to be a setting there for devices). I've emailed our IT administrator so hopefully they can help when work starts again on Tuesday

12-26-15 09:25 AM
    Send a screen shot of the screen you're adding it from. Doesn't sound like you are doing it from within Hub?
    12-26-15 09:40 AM
    It's the same problem if I try to do it in hub or in settings. I've put the screen shot below. My email address goes in the first bit and then it also populates it in domain. The screen shot is from starting it through hub

Attached Thumbnails Problem setting up exchange account in the hub-1846.jpg  
    12-26-15 09:51 AM
    It's the same problem if I try to do it in hub or in settings. I've put the screen shot below. My email address goes in the first bit and then it also populates it in domain. The screen shot is from starting it through hub

Have you tried to type the correct address?

Email address:
    Domain name \ user name
    Your password
    Server address: your exchange Web address

12-26-15 11:48 PM
    domain\username should be like this

\[email protected]

server settings should be outlook.office365.com

Edit...

Why did you try to put it in manually? If your domain's autodiscovery has been setup correctly .. it should be pick it up ...
    12-26-15 11:57 PM
    Have you tried to type the correct address?

Email address:
    Domain name \ user name
    Your password
    Server address: your exchange Web address

^This

Adding my exchange account manually worked.

To OP, does your organization deploy BES?

BlackBerry Priv | 5.1.1 AAD027 | Bell
    12-27-15 12:02 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm not sure about server types for work but the suggestion before around the number of devices that can be registered to an account may be it. I tend to change phone at least once a year so it might be that. Our IT is back after the bank holiday on Tuesday so not too long to wait. Thanks again. Loving the phone, especially the keyboard. Takes a bit of getting used to coming from an s6.

12-27-15 02:28 AM
    Send a screen shot of the screen you're adding it from. Doesn't sound like you are doing it from within Hub?
    I've also had issues adding exchange to HUB. Can you address the device type issue where HUB is flagging Priv as BlackBerry rather than Android device?

12-27-15 07:02 PM
    You can access the current and previous synched device in Web mail access via Options - other options - Mobile. You can delete the no longer used devices from there.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 09:08 PM
    Just as an update and to reassure that the phone works great, I got my account added today. I had the wrong server details. All good now

12-28-15 12:08 PM
    Just as an update and to reassure that the phone works great, I got my account added today. I had the wrong server details. All good now

Autodiscovery would have avoided the situation but good your have it sorted now. Enjoy the BlackBerry Priv.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-29-15 08:22 PM
    I had the same issue and after about an hour with IT we realised the Priv does not offer the separate Domain field. Therefore as explained above you must enter your username to include the domain name with the backslash (mydomain\steelberry) where you use your domain in front and username after the slash. Works perfectly for me now. If you just enter your username as you would in any bb10 or ios device it will not work.

01-03-16 08:28 PM
    I had the same issue and after about an hour with IT we realised the Priv does not offer the separate Domain field. Therefore as explained above you must enter your username to include the domain name with the backslash (mydomain\steelberry) where you use your domain in front and username after the slash. Works perfectly for me now. If you just enter your username as you would in any bb10 or ios device it will not work.

Please can you advise me on how to setup my exchange email on the blackberry keyone hub? Even my IT department having trouble helping me. The exchange email worked using the outlook app but not using the hub. Please help!

Thanks in advance

Patrick
    05-09-17 07:54 AM
    You have to select the exchange option. Then you will need to enter your exchange account name and then also enter your server address. I did mine manually and it works fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-09-17 01:18 PM