Where, exactly, is the "Qi sweet-spot" on the back of the PRIV? It seems to be somewhere near the lower 1/3 of the body.
    I do remember seeing a "Positioning Target" when first placing my PRIV on my Pleson Puck-shaped base, but I've never seen those crosshairs again.
    Placing the phone over the middle of the charger does nothing. No charging will happen when the phone is centered.
    I looked at PRIV teardown videos to get a general idea, but the actual Sweet-Spot remains a hit/miss proposition for me.
    I have a Fettion Case - [URL="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019Y8EPSQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=cr ackberry07-20&ascsubtag=UUcbUvbUpU12640963"/URL] - which is 4mm thick at the underside of the phone (including plastic shell w/leather cover).

[[ P.S.: -OT- Is there a way to include a link without having it "blow up" into the full length URL? Thanks! ]]
    Last edited by dbcoe; 10-26-16 at 12:03 PM.
    10-26-16 11:51 AM
    Where, exactly, is the "Qi sweet-spot" on the back of the PRIV? It seems to be somewhere near the lower 1/3 of the body.
    I do remember seeing a "Positioning Target" when first placing my PRIV on my Pleson Puck-shaped base, but I've never seen those crosshairs again.
    Placing the phone over the middle of the charger does nothing. No charging will happen when the phone is centered.
    I looked at PRIV teardown videos to get a general idea, but the actual Sweet-Spot remains a hit/miss proposition for me.
    I have a Fettion Case - [URL="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019Y8EPSQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=cr ackberry07-20&ascsubtag=UUcbUvbUpU12640998"/URL] - which is 4mm thick at the underside of the phone (including plastic shell w/leather cover).

[[ P.S.: -OT- Is there a way to include a link without having it "blow up" into the full length URL? Thanks! ]]
    I, too, have never seen a video or picture showing the location of the Qi (the Priv also supports the other wireless charging method - not popular) antenna/receiver.

But, like you, I have arrived at it being below center and depending on the charger, things can require off-center positioning.
    10-26-16 12:08 PM
    Here's a picture I made of the back cover. The black sticker on right side is the wireless power coil.

Hope this helps.
    PRIV's "Sweet Spot" location for Qi wireless charging?-back.jpg
    10-26-16 01:39 PM
    Huh.
    This is interesting, and verifies the screwed-up location of the charging coil.
    Heck, it's not centered on EITHER axis. I can understand why it is within the lower half of the phone since clearances for the slide-out keyboard probably forced that location. But that sideways shift is just plain stupid.
    I have a Pleson C180 round charging base, about the diameter of a hockey puck (but much thinner). The phone basically falls off the puck when properly positioned!! I have strategically placed pads of post-it notes to shim up the phone to keep it flat and level while charging.
    Oy-Vey! Yet another "First-World-Problem" to silently suffer through.
    FF22 and alexstorm like this.
    11-01-16 05:03 PM
    I gave up on wireless charging with it. It's a painful balancing act. But in my experience it's definitely near the bottom.
    11-01-16 07:39 PM
    Thats why I bought one of the cradles that it sits in to replace the puck I used with my previous phone, now there is no issue getting it lined up.
    dbcoe likes this.
    11-01-16 09:43 PM
    Mine is at the base of the phone in the middle, in fact if you line up the cord just right there is a hole it goes into for guaranteed charge 😁

....I don't have wireless charging 😉
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-16 01:37 AM
    just wait, sooner or later someone will bump the phone and bend the microusb port. my kids and broken so many phones. Wireless charging lets me keep them longer by prevent broken ports
    FF22, oakakaemmy and dbcoe like this.
    11-02-16 07:01 AM
    just wait, sooner or later someone will bump the phone and bend the microusb port. my kids and broken so many phones. Wireless charging lets me keep them longer by prevent broken ports
    It is not just bumping the phone. I purposefully grabbed a phone that I forgot was plugged in and felt that unfriendly tug back. I've also snagged something on its wire. And fitting some usb cables into some usb ports is like threading a fine gauge needle. If nothing else, I've taken to placing a bump/dot of white nail polish on the top side of the connector so, at least, I'm not trying to thread it upsidedown. Every new cable gets this treatment. Of course, manufacturers thwart this method by making white cables!!!!
    11-02-16 08:50 AM
    It's one of those dumb BlackBerry moves. LOL Like the sideways charger ports on the Z10 Z30... and the power button key position on the Passport.

It's one of those things that make you scratch your head and wonder if anyone knowledgeable real world tested the designs.
    11-02-16 10:24 AM
    It's one of those dumb BlackBerry moves. LOL Like the sideways charger ports on the Z10 Z30... and the power button key position on the Passport.

It's one of those things that make you scratch your head and wonder if anyone knowledgeable real world tested the designs.
    IDK I have no issues with the Passport power button placement. To me it's situated in a very natural spot, right where I'd have put it anyways. When you cradle it in your left hand the index tip falls right on top!

Posted via CB10 from my Phdesktop, the (square)  BlackBerry Passport
    11-14-16 08:49 PM
    I just want to know who else finds this completely ridiculous to have to search for. I think they should have put a big 'Qi' symbol on the back of every phone.

I don't know if the Samsung 'Qi' charger is a 'QuickCharge' technology, but for $20 @ Walmart, you can't go wrong with a $800 phone retail.
    01-28-17 04:33 PM
    Of course, manufacturers thwart this method by making white cables!!!!
    They make black polish, or red.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-29-17 06:31 AM
    Of course, manufacturers thwart this method by making white cables!!!!
    They make black polish, or red.

Correct, as you've noted by now. Several threads here about what does and doesn't work.
    A 3 coil charger is pretty much a must, and a minimum of a 2 amp power supply. The Tylt Vue, Spigen 45 degree and Samsung 45 degree Fast charger all seem to work pretty well. If I remember correctly one of the flat 'puck' type chargers did OK, but can't remember which one. The 3 I mentioned by name will all work with a Seidio hard case, which has a metal kick stand where the pickup coil is, so should work with most other cases.

The targeting indicator is a bit of a mystery to me, I've managed to turn it on, but remember it being sort of hit or miss. I think I called up the battery screen just before placing on charger and it showed most of the time. Course I'm using the 45 degree stands, so don't need it. The up down alignment is defined by the ledge device sits on, and right, left is simply centered on stand.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I'm using the two linked above, my preference is the Samsung, if the sammys blue light is on, it's charging, no guessing or walking over and looking at screen.

No idea about Links, I just copy the URL then paste here and it shows up as you see.
    01-29-17 07:01 AM
    In my experience when you place the device on a wireless charging pad it makes a 'plunk' sound...at that exact moment, you should see an Android notification to "fine tune" wireless charging. Press that notification and a "target" should appear on your display. Presumably, that is the optimal wireless charging 'sweet spot' that you seek.
    01-29-17 08:34 AM
    In my experience when you place the device on a wireless charging pad it makes a 'plunk' sound...at that exact moment, you should see an Android notification to "fine tune" wireless charging. Press that notification and a "target" should appear on your display. Presumably, that is the optimal wireless charging 'sweet spot' that you seek.
    Is this from a specific Battery App or the native one? I did not see Notice. Thanks.
    01-29-17 09:32 AM
    In my experience when you place the device on a wireless charging pad it makes a 'plunk' sound...at that exact moment, you should see an Android notification to "fine tune" wireless charging.
    Apparently this is not the case with the Priv, unless said notification is measured in milliseconds.
    01-29-17 10:45 AM
    Apparently this is not the case with the Priv, unless said notification is measured in milliseconds.
    I'm using a Priv so yes that is the case...the notification is very brief and occurs as a bar at the top of the screen. I'm using an STV100-1 on Marshmallow with the most recent BlackBerry security update AAI5459. Hope that helps.
    01-29-17 04:38 PM
    I'm using a Priv so yes that is the case
    Your'e right, the icon stays for almost 2 seconds. Not a bar, but a tiny icon, have to swipe down to get the bar, then tap on it to get target.
    For a while at least, it wasn't there. I prob didn't notice it, because with the chargers I use, I don't have to worry about alignment.
    I use a bluetooth headset, it goes on the charger first, still paired, so I never hear the sound. I just look at the light, if it's blue it's charging.
    01-29-17 08:50 PM
    Yup, I do the Post-It note thing. It takes a little while before you can successfully drop the phone and get it charging without having to move it around.
    01-31-17 09:49 AM
    I looked up where QI receiver is out of curiosity - to see if I can position it better - but so far have been consistently successful in charging my PRIV on Nokia DT-900. The beauty of DT-900 is built-in THREE (3) emitting coils which nicely overlap in addition to elongated shape to support a phone of any reasonable length. Now I know to put it a bis askew to the right to maximize the QI sweet spot on my PRIV.
    03-20-17 11:54 AM
    Here's a picture I made of the back cover. The black sticker on right side is the wireless power coil.

Hope this helps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	410676
    Thanks. Now if only somebody can do a tear down of my desk lamp with built in wireless charger so I can get things lined up!

Is this type of wireless charging magnetic? I can 'feel' when my Priv is properly centered over the charging coils.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-20-17 02:27 PM
    Thanks. Now if only somebody can do a tear down of my desk lamp with built in wireless charger so I can get things lined up!

Is this type of wireless charging magnetic? I can 'feel' when my Priv is properly centered over the charging coils.
    I don't think so. It does give a tiny vibration when it locks on.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-17 04:13 PM
    The "Fine-tune" wireless charging alignment is a system app. It doesn't launch all the time, doesn't have a built-in shortcut, and I find that it's pretty dumb that it only shows up on the notification list (I had to pull it down) to activate it while juggling my PRIV on the hockey puck.

So this is what I did to find and create a manual shortcut to the app so I can launch it and have a crosshair on the screen before I plop the phone down.

Note: I'm running Blackberry PRIV Marshmallow 6.0.1.

1. Download the Activity Launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en)
    2. Open the app, and on the drop down list on top, change "Recent Activites" and select "All activities"
    3. Open up "System UI" category.
    4. You should see an item called: "com.android.systemui.hardware.WlcAlignmentActivit y".
    5. Press and hold the item above and then select "Create shortcut"
    6. You should see a new shortcut on your desktop called "System UI", without an icon.
    7. Now you can launch that shortcut and get a crosshair of where to align your phone whenever you want to wireless charge it.

Hopefully this helps.
    FF22 and sreneel77 like this.
    06-13-17 11:56 AM
    The "Fine-tune" wireless charging alignment is a system app. It doesn't launch all the time, doesn't have a built-in shortcut, and I find that it's pretty dumb that it only shows up on the notification list (I had to pull it down) to activate it while juggling my PRIV on the hockey puck.

So this is what I did to find and create a manual shortcut to the app so I can launch it and have a crosshair on the screen before I plop the phone down.

Note: I'm running Blackberry PRIV Marshmallow 6.0.1.

1. Download the Activity Launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en)
    2. Open the app, and on the drop down list on top, change "Recent Activites" and select "All activities"
    3. Open up "System UI" category.
    4. You should see an item called: "com.android.systemui.hardware.WlcAlignmentActivit y".
    5. Press and hold the item above and then select "Create shortcut"
    6. You should see a new shortcut on your desktop called "System UI", without an icon.
    7. Now you can launch that shortcut and get a crosshair of where to align your phone whenever you want to wireless charge it.

Hopefully this helps.
    Very nice. Oddly, the icon Labeled System UI, is invisible with the Asterisk!
    06-13-17 08:16 PM
29 12