Not that I want to rain on the parade, but USB 2.0 and the front camera is really disappointing to me. Wide Selfie Mode better be a game changer.
    Pixel count is not all it is cracked up to be and is very misleading. A 2 mp camera with LARGE pixels will take better pictures any day of the week than a 5 mp camera with SMALL pixels.

Yeah, USB 2.0 is old tech but most won't care because of the prevalence of wifi, bluetooth, and NFC.
    10-22-15 12:15 AM
    There must be USB OTG support?
    Surely, most modern Androids have it.

I'm a bit annoyed at the lack of USB 3.x, but IIRC SlimPort requires USB 2 only, and USB 3.0 has issues interfering with WiFi signals if not extensively shielded, so.. oh well.

My biggest dealbreaker though revolves around the privacy/security enhancements, and unfortunately what I've seen so far doesn't give me much hope they will have done enough in that area to make Android acceptable to me.
    10-22-15 12:48 AM
    Pixel count is not all it is cracked up to be and is very misleading. A 2 mp camera with LARGE pixels will take better pictures any day of the week than a 5 mp camera with SMALL pixels.

Yeah, USB 2.0 is old tech but most won't care because of the prevalence of wifi, bluetooth, and NFC.
    What's the difference between large and small pixels? I've never seen that distinction made before.
    10-22-15 01:13 AM
    no wireless charging poo
    Yes it have

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 01:14 AM
    What's the difference between large and small pixels? I've never seen that distinction made before.
    In short, take a given sensor technology and size, reducing the number of pixels (technically "photosites" in sensor terminology) results in A) larger photosites and B) higher light sensitivity.

The technical details:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2006SPIE.6069..211F
    10-22-15 01:44 AM
    This phone sounds great to me.

All I'm finally missing is waterproof. Getting there, getting there...

Posted via CB10
    SassyD likes this.
    10-22-15 02:54 AM
    what's up with that MicroSD card up to 2TB??
    must be a mistake, no?
    10-22-15 03:43 AM
    what's up with that MicroSD card up to 2TB??
    must be a mistake, no?

A lot of vendors are quoting that figure now. It's basically the largest theoretical capacity supported by SDXC using the ExFAT filesystem. There are no cards that size yet.
    10-22-15 03:59 AM
    A lot of vendors are quoting that figure now. It's basically the largest theoretical capacity supported by SDXC using the ExFAT filesystem. There are no cards that size yet.
    yes, max size atm is 200gb
    10-22-15 04:12 AM
    So we have confirmation that quick charge 2.0 is on-board right? If this is true than that large battery will be quickly charged
    10-22-15 04:40 AM
    Cool specs though.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 05:20 AM
    yes, max size atm is 200gb
    The SSD in my 3 year old computer is only 120GB... I could back it up to a phone!

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    10-22-15 05:41 AM
    These were the niftiest features I found, idk just thought they were cool to point out

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Kaha-ZRD
    Good job! Some of these features I know now :P thanks

 SE Passport
    10-22-15 06:15 AM
    very cool specs overall! quite pleased..

NOW, PLEASE, ANNOUNCE THE DAMN THING ALREADY!!!
    10-22-15 06:16 AM
    Ah, yes they can, but from BlackBerry

The Z30 is unbelievable!
    10-22-15 08:24 AM
    And yet they can't make it carrier independent like the Moto X, new IPhones, or new Nexus 6P.

Because those phones are not "carrier independent".

SOME of them work on all 4 US-based carriers, but not necessarily optimally. Apple makes 3 versions of each of the iPhone 6s models, for example, for a total of 6 versions.
    10-22-15 03:59 PM
    While only 2 MP for the front camera, it's 1.75 micron pixels! The old iPhone 6's *rear* camera was 1.5 micron and Apple made a huge feature point with it. They don't even say what the new front camera has, while the new rear one is only 1.22 micron now, to increase MP.

Size Matters, Especially with Pixels | Reed Hoffmann

https://www.ce.org/i3/VisionArchiveL...is-Better.aspx

BlackBerry didn't skimp on the front camera after all!
    10-23-15 03:59 AM
    For the official price that has shown up, the specs should have included a charging pod, wireless mat, leather holster, carrying case, soft shell case, customized personalized hard shell case, ultra premium wireless headset and a mini wireless umbrella lol

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    you win the comment of the day haha
    10-23-15 05:05 AM
    While only 2 MP for the front camera, it's 1.75 micron pixels! The old iPhone 6's *rear* camera was 1.5 micron and Apple made a huge feature point with it. They don't even say what the new front camera has, while the new rear one is only 1.22 micron now, to increase MP.

Size Matters, Especially with Pixels | Reed Hoffmann

https://www.ce.org/i3/VisionArchiveL...is-Better.aspx

BlackBerry didn't skimp on the front camera after all!
    How Do you know that the front cam for priv has 1.75 microm pixels?? And if so how about the back camera??

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 05:28 AM
    Prevents your face from triggering the hang up button during calls

Posted via CB10
    Oh, you mean the sensor that is not available on the passport / classic - on my classic I have hung up, dialed, pressed numbers, so many times while on a call with my cheek, it makes me wonder how much thought they put into these things. Also, phone refuses to stay locked in the pocket. I don't use a password lock and don't intend to. Even if I lock using the lock button, when I take it out of the pocket, phone has been multitasking with a mind of its own.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 05:49 AM
    Really???? No sensor

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    10-23-15 06:31 AM
    Turn off swipe to unlock to prevent you pocket dialing if you can't use a password. Then hit "U" "enter" to unlock.
    10-23-15 07:36 AM
    Looks like the model up for Ordering on ShopBlackberry no longer lists wireless charging. So I am guessing that will be a carrier exclusive unfortunately.

~S
    10-23-15 08:33 AM
    Looks like the model up for Ordering on ShopBlackberry no longer lists wireless charging. So I am guessing that will be a carrier exclusive unfortunately.

~S
    Unfortunately, I think you may be right. Gives the carriers an exclusive like they did with the Passport and AT&T. If true, that is very unfortunate for a device in this price range.
    10-23-15 12:37 PM

What is the iphone 6s and Nexus 6p pixel size for their front cameras?
    10-23-15 12:45 PM
55 123