I too think there will be more to this "launch"..... They pulled the Simulator, haven't give Reviewers the green light to post their reviews.... but I do agree that pre-orders shouldn't have started without out the launch.

At this point, one they launch it, I don't know how much more a new agency could say unless they too have a review to post. Specs are out, Prices are out... it's becoming "old news".

As for the "launch".... really just need a press release at this point and give everyone the OK to post those reviews. No "side show" type event where Chen and company just make things look more boring.....
    Would be fantastic to find out the plans for this phone. I'm very impatiently waiting to find out what carriers are going to have it. Since i'm on Sprint, and not going to switch, it would be nice if there are actual plans for then and/or Verizon to carry it. Just having some information would be nice. Thats all. Since the Nexus is out of stock, that being my other choice, I have to wait any way. If it weren't, I probably would just move on to something else. Which leads me to believe that there are a number of non-typical BB users that like the look of the phone and would buy it but since BB is being so odd about this release and protecting information, they are moving on. I think BB is missing out on a lot of potential sales. I cant quantify that statement but I think the longer they take, people are moving on.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-26-15 09:23 AM
    BlackBerry basically confirmed that preorders opening were NOT the real launch. Wait for the 6th .
    Priv's launch - worst launch ever-img_20151026_115219.png

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-26-15 10:57 AM
    My guess is that BlackBerry is playing it safe for the time being to see how things pan out. If pre-orders are high enough they might throw a more substantial event on or near Nov. 6th. If not and pre-orders are lowered than expected they remain in a position to allow it all to quietly slip away unnoticed for the most part (outside of diehards).
    no one knows other then diehards that its available of pre-order. lunch event should be before preorder starts.
    10-26-15 11:01 AM
    Although it could be better, i think so far BB has done okay when it comes to the launch. the leaks didn't really help, but BB confirmed/announced the existence of the phone, released the specs, gave a sneak peek to those who are interested and signed up for the preview, and so far they confirmed the launch to be the 6th of November. that gives shoppers a good 7 weeks before Christmas to decide whether to get it or not. I think after Nov 6th we will see an actual ad campaign with better and more appealing ads, and of course the real reviews of the finalized device.
    10-26-15 12:19 PM
    I too think there will be more to this "launch"..... They pulled the Simulator, haven't give Reviewers the green light to post their reviews.... but I do agree that pre-orders shouldn't have started without out the launch.

At this point, one they launch it, I don't know how much more a new agency could say unless they too have a review to post. Specs are out, Prices are out... it's becoming "old news".

As for the "launch".... really just need a press release at this point and give everyone the OK to post those reviews. No "side show" type event where Chen and company just make things look more boring.....
    Pre-orders are a good way to get devices into the hands of fans who still have blind faith that BlackBerry makes an awesome device for them. They'll be the first to get the devices and that will satisfy their loyalty.

An ad agency can add a lot, like making sure everyone knows that BlackBerry is alive and well and has a new device that runs Android, but with security and BlackBerry Experience. All the news so far is really limited in scope, even if some well known online outlets have mentioned something. The mentions don't evaluate the actual device, just commentary on rumors.

Yeah, they don't need an event, just get press releases out, life review embargoes, and have carriers ready...
    10-26-15 08:25 PM
    That's unfortunately been the case for almost all the BlackBerry devices released over the last few years starting with the PlayBook...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    10-26-15 08:50 PM
    I think a fuss like this should be held off until the device is actually launched in the absence of any marketing. I'm still thinking marketing is going to be okay, just like it was with BlackBerry 10. It would definitely be nuts if no proper marketing campaign appears, I agree on that.

One thing I'd like to ask. Some people here are ready to jump ship to other premium devices because BlackBerry screws up their public performances a lot. What if the Priv blows your mind? Not the world's, just yours.
    So true....

If they would "read" the new info it says there will be an official launch. They didn't say when, but there will be one

Some people that complain would not buy a flagship BlackBerry phone anyway.

Same people judge and complain before the experiencing. Then jump ship when proven wrong.

Put some bigger panties on so they don't get into a knot!

All this negative postings is getting old. Can't wait for when it's time to eat crow.

PIN 2COF829A
    Darrell456 likes this.
    10-26-15 08:51 PM
    As many have already noted, PRIV marketing is appalling. So maybe we, the faithful, need to give an assist here. When you get the phone (and assuming it is all we think it will be), post to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, talking it up. Go into your carrier's store and ask them for it - then whip it out and show them what it can do (and really do - we will certainly know more than them...) - let other customers see you demoing it. If you're standing in a queue somewhere, whip it out and use it so people can see it. Show it to people and let them try it out... Just do whatever you can to promote it if you don't want this to be the last BlackBerry handset. No, we shouldn't HAVE to, but we CAN...
    10-26-15 09:35 PM
    As many have already noted, PRIV marketing is appalling. So maybe we, the faithful, need to give an assist here. When you get the phone (and assuming it is all we think it will be), post to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, talking it up. Go into your carrier's store and ask them for it - then whip it out and show them what it can do (and really do - we will certainly know more than them...) - let other customers see you demoing it. If you're standing in a queue somewhere, whip it out and use it so people can see it. Show it to people and let them try it out... Just do whatever you can to promote it if you don't want this to be the last BlackBerry handset. No, we shouldn't HAVE to, but we CAN...
    BlackBerry should pay me to do that. And supply me with a Priv.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-27-15 01:02 PM
    Apple and Google devices are available for preorder after launch.

Making a device available for pre-order kind of is defined as being post-launch.

I've never seen a device be demonstrated by the CEO publicly and pre-orders being taken without the thing that preceded the pre-order being called the 'launch'.

The human mind can't integrate the idea of something being publicly available, but not launched.

Maybe the as-yet-not-conducted launch is for space aliens or robots or ghosts.

Posted via CB10
    Darrell456 and cgk like this.
    10-27-15 07:31 PM
    really dude? Lmao
    10-27-15 08:09 PM
    Should we change the title from Worst Launch Ever to No-Launch?
    10-30-15 06:48 PM
    Let's change it to "which launch? There was a launch?"

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    10-30-15 07:45 PM
    I'm sad (in a way) to report that I ordered my Nexus 6P tonight as they just became available again on the Google Store with 128 Gb.

Two reasons for this:

1) There are a handful of apps that I use for work on a daily basis that do not work on BB10. I broke my Note 4 a month back and have been using my Q10 since. I really need access to those apps because accessing the information through the browser of the Q10 or even an Android browser is not as effective/quick.

2) There has been no announcement for US carriers. I use Sprint and at this time I cannot switch. Come next year, I will look at other options. The 6P can be used with anyone so I can take it anywhere.

If BB makes and announcement for, which I assume they will, and the release date is within a reasonable time, like this year, Ill cancel my order and get the Priv. They need to get some info out there for people, otherwise they are going to miss out on a lot of sales. Already have i'm sure.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-30-15 09:58 PM
    Can't they at least participate in MWC or CES?

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    10-30-15 11:14 PM
    Will BlackBerry world apps work on the new Priv?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 11:30 PM
    Will BlackBerry world apps work on the new Priv?

Posted via CB10
    No.
    10-30-15 11:38 PM
    I'm sad (in a way) to report that I ordered my Nexus 6P tonight as they just became available again on the Google Store with 128 Gb.

Two reasons for this:

1) There are a handful of apps that I use for work on a daily basis that do not work on BB10. I broke my Note 4 a month back and have been using my Q10 since. I really need access to those apps because accessing the information through the browser of the Q10 or even an Android browser is not as effective/quick.

2) There has been no announcement for US carriers. I use Sprint and at this time I cannot switch. Come next year, I will look at other options. The 6P can be used with anyone so I can take it anywhere.

If BB makes and announcement for, which I assume they will, and the release date is within a reasonable time, like this year, Ill cancel my order and get the Priv. They need to get some info out there for people, otherwise they are going to miss out on a lot of sales. Already have i'm sure.
    Good luck with that nexus. I swear, anyone ordering the Priv must be pretty patient (myself included), with all these phones out (nexus, xperia, v10,etc) it's hard to wait for the Priv.

Only reason I'm being as patient as I am is cause of that physical keyboard.

Enjoy your nexus and those regular updates
    nonamenomore likes this.
    10-31-15 02:48 AM
    I picked up a LG G4 last week simply because I got a good deal on it - the feeling is that although the reviews have been very good for the G4, its underperformed in the market significantly. We are hearing a lot of talk here that there is significant buzz around the Priv but comparing to the underperforming G4 and..

(G4 is red, Priv is blue, Passport is yellow).

Priv's launch - worst launch ever-capture.png
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-31-15 07:45 AM
    Good luck with that nexus. I swear, anyone ordering the Priv must be pretty patient (myself included), with all these phones out (nexus, xperia, v10,etc) it's hard to wait for the Priv.

Only reason I'm being as patient as I am is cause of that physical keyboard.

Enjoy your nexus and those regular updates
    Like I said though... If it comes out on Sprint i'll be getting the Priv too!
    10-31-15 09:23 AM
    Like I said though... If it comes out on Sprint i'll be getting the Priv too!
    Sprint will probably go out of business before it gets a Priv.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-31-15 05:11 PM
    It's now November 6.

Email from BlackBerry this morning titled "You can stop counting down the days now"

Headline in the email says "The device of the year is finally here"

Click on the "Buy yours today" link...

... still Pre-order!!!!

Brilliant Chairman Chen!!! NOT

BlackBerry 2015 = STILL stealing defeat from the jaws of victory!!

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12, mousse04 and andy957 like this.
    11-06-15 07:53 AM
    And now Shop BlackBerry says the release date is November 23.

Chen... you are nothing short of an 1d10t

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    11-06-15 11:00 AM
    Should have waited until TMO and Verizon were both ready to start. So many people want a small monthly service plan from TMO. Probably same with Verizon.

It would have been a huge opening day but Chen couldn't open an umbrella so let alone a new phone.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    11-06-15 01:07 PM
    Blackberry are idiots. Really and truly. From the not-launch to invoking the Kardashians in today's marketing email, these clowns really don't know how to build success around a worthwhile product. These actions support the whole "Chen wants to kill BlackBerry" conspiracy theories, as nuts as that is.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    11-06-15 01:18 PM
153 ... 4567