I currently have a Z10. Bought it from day 1 still in perfect shape due to my Otter Box case. Well it's time to upgrade and I'll never get another brand but BlackBerry as I've been loyal to BlackBerry since the early 2000's.

I just can't decide on the Priv or Z30. Part of me says Z30 because its basically a larger Z10. There is also a part of me that says the Priv is nice but I don't know if I want to deal with the Android OS.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 12:04 PM
    I went from a Passport to the Priv quite easily. I'd go with the latter.
    01-23-16 12:07 PM
    It depends, do you want a keyboard, or touch screen? Android or Blackberry 10? Apps or no apps?
    01-23-16 12:09 PM
    I don't think there is really any comparison. I'd go Priv all the way. 18 mp camera, 32 GB internal, expandable up to 200 GB SD, actual apps that perform. You don't want a keyboard...fine...don't open it.

But if you are looking for a BB10 experience on an android the Priv is not BB10 what so ever
    Last edited by Carjackd; 01-23-16 at 08:36 PM.
    sam81 likes this.
    01-23-16 12:16 PM
    I went from the Z30 to the PRIV. I would suggest the PRIV.
    sam81 likes this.
    01-23-16 12:25 PM
    I don't think there is really any comparison. I'd go Priv all the way. 18 mp camera, 32 GB internal, expandable up to 200 MB SD, actual apps that perform. You don't want a keyboard...fine...don't open it.

But if you are looking for a BB10 experience on an android the Priv is not BB10 what so ever
    Shouldn't that have been 200 GB SD?
    bungaboy and sam81 like this.
    01-23-16 12:26 PM
    I am leaning towards Priv I read it was "buggy" is that true or just BlackBerry haters?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 02:50 PM
    I currently have a Z10. Bought it from day 1 still in perfect shape due to my Otter Box case. Well it's time to upgrade and I'll never get another brand but BlackBerry as I've been loyal to BlackBerry since the early 2000's.

I just can't decide on the Priv or Z30. Part of me says Z30 because its basically a larger Z10. There is also a part of me that says the Priv is nice but I don't know if I want to deal with the Android OS.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I just upgraded to priv. Priv is much more expensive than z30. I would go with priv. I like it a lot. Z30 is a good phone with good battery life but camera socks like on z10. Priv and android some has cool features like suppressing messages for period of time etc. But bb10 is more of efficiency os.
    01-23-16 05:23 PM
    I am leaning towards Priv I read it was "buggy" is that true or just BlackBerry haters?

Posted via CB10
    Anything needs to be ironed out but myself I have very pleasant experience. Blackberry put a lot of time onto this phone. I did not notice any bugs myself
    01-23-16 05:25 PM
    I have been trying to get a digital download movie (Ultraviolet/Flixster) to play on my Z30 in preparation for a plane trip, but no joy. It appears that my Z30 is viewed as an incompatible device. This is only one example of an app that does not function fully on the Z30. Today, at this very moment, I am feeling more committed to buying a Priv than ever before, which is totally against most of my previous posts. I am more frustrated by how I just can't do stuff on my Z30 like I used to be able to when we had apps that were fairly up to date. Now, apps are no longer updated and do not give full functionality. Once Marshmallow is available on the Priv, I will probably break down and get one.

In short, if the apps you want are working for you, get the Z30. Otherwise, time to move on.
    01-23-16 05:36 PM
    I don't think there is really any comparison. I'd go Priv all the way. 18 mp camera, 32 GB internal, expandable up to 200 MB SD, actual apps that perform. You don't want a keyboard...fine...don't open it.

From the things you mention, the Z30 has all that, only the camera is less MP?..

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 06:17 PM
    From the things you mention, the Z30 has all that, only the camera is less MP?..

Posted via CB10
    As far as speed in doing almost everything, the PRIV runs circles around the Z30. the processor that's in the PRIV is far superior.
    sam81 likes this.
    01-23-16 06:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't found mine to be buggy at all. But some of the issues deal with how BB has integrated with the Droid OS. From my understanding the device and many of it's features were designed to run on the Marshmallow OS. Hopefully we will see that soon.
    sam81 likes this.
    01-23-16 06:28 PM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    There is a learning curve for any OS ... on this phone you miss the file manager, lock screen notifications, etc but there are a multitude of apps which fit the bill wonderfully. You can trick out your phone to look like any other BlackBerry. Go Priv

STV 100-1 AAD250
    01-23-16 06:37 PM
    There is a learning curve for any OS ... on this phone you miss the file manager, lock screen notifications, etc but there are a multitude of apps which fit the bill wonderfully. You can trick out your phone to look like any other BlackBerry. Go Priv

STV 100-1 AAD250
    There isn't a file manager that is part of the OS, but there are file manager apps. I use Solid Explorer and it works well. There are lock screen notifications, they are a bit different from the BB10, but they are available nonetheless.
    sam81 likes this.
    01-23-16 07:22 PM
    So hard to weigh-in on such a subjective question.

For me, I'd take the Z30 hands-down. I have a Z-30 and it is the finest touch screen phone I have ever owned. Fast, reliable, responsive, and BB10. I have an Android that I carry as a back-up, but I never use it any longer. I can get 100 percent of the apps I need from the sources available, and they all run great on my Z30. I am actually faster on a touch screen than I am on a Keyboard, although I still love my 9900 and my Q5. But the large screen of the Z30 is just spectacular with BB10. Android, to me, is great, but not as good as BB10. If it were iOS vs Droid, perhaps I'd go with the Droid, but otherwise, I much prefer BB10.

Thus, the Z30 would be the easy choice for my needs, but you have to make your own decision based on what your needs for a smartphone are at present.
    middbrew, sam81 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    01-23-16 07:26 PM
    So hard to weigh-in on such a subjective question.

For me, I'd take the Z30 hands-down. I have a Z-30 and it is the finest touch screen phone I have ever owned. Fast, reliable, responsive, and BB10. I have an Android that I carry as a back-up, but I never use it any longer. I can get 100 percent of the apps I need from the sources available, and they all run great on my Z30. I am actually faster on a touch screen than I am on a Keyboard, although I still love my 9900 and my Q5. But the large screen of the Z30 is just spectacular with BB10. Android, to me, is great, but not as good as BB10. If it were iOS vs Droid, perhaps I'd go with the Droid, but otherwise, I much prefer BB10.

Thus, the Z30 would be the easy choice for my needs, but you have to make your own decision based on what your needs for a smartphone are at present.
    Go with the Z30. It is is an excellent phone, a great upgrade from a Z10 and you are used to the BB10 ecosystem. You can always wait and see what is going to happen in 2016 / 2017 and decide which way to go further on. In the meantime you keep what you are used to, spend way less and have a solid and reliable operating system while BlackBerry still improves it's tools on top of Android. They are not yet there. I have a Priv and my main phones are still my BlackBerry Passport and an iPhone 6....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-23-16 08:17 PM
    Shouldn't that have been 200 GB SD?
    Thx Brewski edited it
    middbrew and sam81 like this.
    01-23-16 08:36 PM
    I have Z10, Z30, and Q10. All are very good devices. I purchased a Priv on opening day and started a love /hate relationship with the Priv. It is a good phone - works completely different in many ways and you have to fill many gaps in - photo album,good calculator,file manager,music player,notepads and on and on. Getting good apps which perform on par with BlackBerry 's , I found difficult but not impossible. The hub does work well for me except for text integration- it opens in another app.. Universal search does not exist in Android that I have found and no Blend-sad- but it is a good phone, great reception,good call quality ,excellent screen, excellent battery life-I am getting around 6.5-8 hrs screen on time. Priv is worth it if you are prepared for a change.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Earl Sargent likes this.
    01-23-16 09:34 PM
    I'm leaning towards Priv right now. I'm not all into apps or anything I use my ipad for that the option would be nice to get apps I want that I can't get through Amazon on my phone though. I will probably wait a bit to see if the marshmallow os goes to the priv and how it works before making a choice.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 02:36 PM
    I'm leaning towards Priv right now. I'm not all into apps or anything I use my ipad for that the option would be nice to get apps I want that I can't get through Amazon on my phone though. I will probably wait a bit to see if the marshmallow os goes to the priv and how it works before making a choice.

Posted via CB10
    Marshmallow will come to the PRIV, it's just a matter of when. I'd suggest you go to phone store and check it out first. That way you will get a better idea of what you will get if you do decide to go that way.
    sam81 likes this.
    01-24-16 02:40 PM
    Marshmallow will come to the PRIV, it's just a matter of when. I'd suggest you go to phone store and check it out first. That way you will get a better idea of what you will get if you do decide to go that way.
    Right, like BB10 would come to the playbook?
    Sorry that I'm sceptical, but lately BB's turnaround on their word is moving faster and faster...

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    01-24-16 05:20 PM
    I have a Z30 and it's excellent but you have to realize that the BB10 platform is not growing and it may be discontinued or pushed to the side going forward. Android is looking more and more like the future for BlackBerry handsets.

You won't go wrong for now with a Z30 but if I was replacing my phone today I would grab a Priv. It's a top notch handset.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    01-24-16 10:21 PM
    I went from a Passport to the Priv quite easily. I'd go with the latter.
    Me to: Z30; PASSPORT -> PRIV..
    01-24-16 11:26 PM
    if you want an android phone then go with the priv if you want a blackberry then go with the z30
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-25-16 12:10 AM
42 12