The Priv was a great device. It is EOL and will receive no more software upgrades. It will receive Security patch updates only until late 2018. People aren't buying a dead in the water device.

Wait and you should be able to purchase for even less. Price should drop thru the floor.
    09-18-17 06:30 AM
    Still eyeing a brand new Priv on eBay for 229 euros. But the more I go on these threads the less comfortable I feel about buying it (as backup to KEY1). The little software bugs (including overeating) don't deter me, but rather the scarcity of spare parts (esp battery) + reliability of hardware do.
    Might still make the move, not sure. The seller hasn't sold any since I added to cart, still the same 3 quantity since a month (hence the constant price drops). Man it feels people really dont want this phone lol.
    My Priv has never had a problem with overeating. I, on the other hand...... Never saw a meal that I didn't like!
    09-18-17 08:32 AM
    The Priv was a great device. It is EOL and will receive no more software upgrades. It will receive Security patch updates only until late 2018. People aren't buying a dead in the water device.

Wait and you should be able to purchase for even less. Price should drop thru the floor.
    Perhaps you could stop being so negative for a change.
    newcollector likes this.
    09-18-17 08:34 AM
    My Priv has never had a problem with overeating. I, on the other hand...... Never saw a meal that I didn't like!
    On second thoughts, the Priv is known to overEAT wayy too many mAh's too fast
    09-18-17 08:42 AM
    Perhaps you could stop being so negative for a change.
    I am not being negative. I am positive there will be no upgrades in OS and there will be security patches only until late 2018. What's negative about that? And the price will drop because the resellers want to dump inventory on EOL devices so they can sell something that is more consumer desired.
    09-18-17 08:55 AM
    On second thoughts, the Priv is known to overEAT wayy too many mAh's too fast
    That is only some Privs, not all. Certainly not mine.
    I believe that, after all this time, reading about the issues with some of the Privs, that there have been fewer problems overall with the Verizon devices.
    09-18-17 09:00 AM
    no. don't waste your $$
    09-19-17 04:49 PM
    Just bought brand new PRIV on Amazon for $330 CDN all in. Should be getting it later this week. If performance becomes an issue, I'll modify the screen resolution like I've read on other threads to improve performance. Nice large screen and the chance to hide the keyboard when not necessary. Really eager to see how the Hub works compared to BB10 and how the other BlackBerry apps work on Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 08:24 AM
    I love the design and feel, performance is horrible
    09-20-17 02:15 PM
    I have a priv that's in good condition if you really want it I can let It go for 300 CAD
    09-20-17 02:42 PM
60 123