Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-16-16 07:38 PM
34 12
tools
    I've been seeing and hearing a lot of comparisons between Samsung and PRIV. With the latest Marshmallow update, I can honestly say I love the PRIV. Even with the high price, the PKB, Blackberrys security, gorgeous display, nice curved edges, and productivity make me a firm believer in the PRIV. At first I was worried and though I may have made a bad purchase, but after this Marshmallow update, I'm glad I stuck on because I can definitely see myself with the priv for easily 4 years. No disrespect to Samsung, I think their phones are cool, nice design. Just not a fan of their UI.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-20-16 02:10 PM
    I agree with the concept of what you are saying. For me, I think this device will only last me 2 years (contract length) before I will want to upgrade.

Posted via Priv by BlackBerry
    06-20-16 02:27 PM
    BlackBerry is always worth the investment.

I'll buy the next device that's comparable to the Priv.

Posted one-handed via Priv
    daynebca and Lotster like this.
    06-20-16 04:04 PM
    The physical keyboard and curved side edges of the screen make the BlackBerry Priv a joy to use.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-20-16 05:04 PM
    I 4th that kudos to BlackBerry,i just enjoy the pkb

Sigewif likes this.
    06-20-16 06:29 PM
    Love the Priv but blackberry misses the boat for not launching a Android classic, I love the classic keyboard and form factor better.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 06:40 PM
    I hope they release android with keyboard (without that slide) like 9900 with price range between 150-250.

Where I live Blackberry image is not too good at the moment and is hard to sell, so i will not buy it if cost more than that.

The other brand such as Xiaomi with the cost around $140-150 already have fingerprint sensor, 2/16GB and a sony camera lens with phase detection autofocus and available in gold.

The competition is kinda hard...
    06-20-16 07:10 PM
    I am looking forward to the Marshmallow update. I'm still dealing with some heating and battery issues. I'm reading here that Marshmallow should take care of that. I sure hope so.

Until Verizon releases the update, I will continue to switch back and forth between my Priv ( my phone of choice) and my boring iPhone 6s. COME ON VERIZON!! Release MM already!!! I want my Priv to be all it can be.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    06-20-16 10:15 PM
    Thanks OP for the positive thread. Priv is a nice device . The Marshmallow update has certainly improved the device performance in terms of battery life , no overheating issues . The Hub is evolving well after each update.
    06-21-16 11:21 AM
    Love the Priv but blackberry misses the boat for not launching a Android classic, I love the classic keyboard and form factor better.

Posted via CB10
    That's kinda what the ROME will be... less the Tool Belt, and with a screen designed for Android.

BlackBerry just wasn't in a position to release multiple devcies. It was kinda hoped the PRIV would be the best of both worlds, but sadly it seems that most PKB lovers.. want a dedicated PKB.

There is no doubt that many here love their PRIV and do belive it was worth the purchase!
    06-21-16 11:31 AM
    Yeah I agree, the Priv got me. I went back and forth on it. I felt as if I would not be a BlackBerry purist, as i've faithfully been for 17 years, if I got it so I stayed faithful to my Passport. Then I woke up one day and the Passport couldn't connect to AT&T network. I had to send Passport to BlackBerry for an estimated 10 days so I figured i'd buy Priv in the meanwhile, try it until Passport returned and at the very least send Priv back within 30 and be all Good! Well, here I am 27 days in and I know have a perfect condition Passport as a backup device. Thanks BlackBerry for the repair!!!

I must say tho, I still feel like i'm cheating by using an Android'd device...oh well, I still brandish the logo!

Priv...WOW~
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-21-16 11:57 AM
    I've been seeing and hearing a lot of comparisons between Samsung and PRIV. With the latest Marshmallow update, I can honestly say I love the PRIV. Even with the high price, the PKB, Blackberrys security, gorgeous display, nice curved edges, and productivity make me a firm believer in the PRIV. At first I was worried and though I may have made a bad purchase, but after this Marshmallow update, I'm glad I stuck on because I can definitely see myself with the priv for easily 4 years. No disrespect to Samsung, I think their phones are cool, nice design. Just not a fan of their UI.

If you feel comfortable with the price that you pay, then it's worth it. Some people don't care if they pay more, some want the best possible deal and some will never be satisfied no matter how cheap they get it for.

Now, my daughter has an S7 and it's a beautiful and powerful device. I really don't see why many would not be happy with this device. What I liked about the Priv though, was it's clean, near stock android experience. The keyboard isn't as bad as most would say. It's just not the caliber of the Classic or Passport. If you use, like or need google services or like the android experience and love Blackberry. The Priv is not a bad choice (actually, Priv is your only choice, for now ). Personally I feel that $499-$549 starting price, would have been an easier pill to swallow.
    Last edited by schlemer; 06-22-16 at 07:54 AM.
    Gayle Lynn and Sairos like this.
    06-22-16 07:02 AM
    I agree, with the Marshmallow update and ability to selectively turn off permissions, this phone is a rockstar.

I will say, the google apps/software still make me a little nervous because there is no way to see what info they are collecting and sending to the mothership (for resale).

Fast, clean UI, PKB, beautiful screen, great camera and of course, access to tons of apps (if that's your bag baby...)

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 07:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would so buy this. I miss my Classic's form factor. Love the Priv tho.

Posted via my Priv
    06-22-16 07:21 AM
    I agree, with the Marshmallow update and ability to selectively turn off permissions, this phone is a rockstar.

I will say, the google apps/software still make me a little nervous because there is no way to see what info they are collecting and sending to the mothership (for resale).

Fast, clean UI, PKB, beautiful screen, great camera and of course, access to tons of apps (if that's your bag baby...)

Posted via CB10
    You can see some of it. For instance, if you go into your Google account settings on a computer, you can see what location data they have captured from you, etc. and clear some of it.

06-22-16 11:05 PM
    Love the priv , my back up is my Z10

perfectson likes this.
    06-23-16 07:05 PM
    Same here, il use the priv for a year or so. And move on to blackberry next flagship, just to keep the company a float. I love blackberry,

There's something about the brand and the design that appeals to me.

It's a form factor samsung and lg and htc just don't have.
    06-24-16 12:59 PM
    I like the BlackBerry PRIV, but I'm still not a fan of Android. If I decide to buy an android I'll be buying the PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 01:30 PM
    I still want a Priv but I will be patient and pick one up when the price drops. In my opinion, this is how smartphone sales work now and BlackBerry shouldn't be so concerned with making "mid-range" devices for the long term. Releasing annually gives them mid-range devices the following year anyway. Just like Apple continues to sell their older devices at lower price points and people still pick them up because not everyone falls for the 'latest and greatest' that companies pump out.

Technology is always this way. The price is inflated for the first year or so because people will buy it regardless of the price. And then, when sales start to dwindle, they reduce the price and sales continue again.

So, anyway... long story short, it's still good to hear positive reviews of the Priv, and that it seems to be 'aging' well. I want one but I'm not in a rush. I'll enjoy my Classic and Passport while BB10 is still going strong [enough].
    06-24-16 01:42 PM
    Luv the Priv, have had it since November, and I've kept the Q10 as a backup. If you're looking for a bargain, this deal is tremendous. Someone posted it in another thread three days ago. I grabbed a second Priv for the wife.

http://ebay.to/28Wncx1
    06-24-16 02:44 PM
    I've had it for just over a week now and I must admit that I love it. The only thing I liked my Classic better for was email.

06-24-16 03:09 PM
    I've been on the fence for a while. Almost bit at $549. Wish I could test one out before buying. Should have before tmobile pulled it.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 03:23 PM
    BlackBerry is always worth the investment.

I'll buy the next device that's comparable to the Priv.

Posted one-handed via Priv
    An investment is meant to yield a return in the end... If your 'return' is self gratification than mission accomplished... But I dare you to attempt to resell it... Wait until you see the reality of your 'investment' at work... In less, of course, you won the device or had it gifted to you, then maybe you'll score a little something... You could buy a Priv brand new and not even open it and you would take a drastic hit attempting to resell it... That, to me, is not an investment, but rather a frivolous guilty pleasure...

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 03:49 PM
    After using my Priv for 6 months... I dug out my z10 again. That's how much I care for the priv.

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident and perfectson like this.
    06-24-16 05:09 PM
    I am looking forward to the Marshmallow update. I'm still dealing with some heating and battery issues. I'm reading here that Marshmallow should take care of that. I sure hope so.

Until Verizon releases the update, I will continue to switch back and forth between my Priv ( my phone of choice) and my boring iPhone 6s. COME ON VERIZON!! Release MM already!!! I want my Priv to be all it can be.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    I'm looking forward to marshmallow as well but because of the permissions or rather the ability to choose. I don't have the heat or battery issues with mine. It gets a bit warm sometimes but not even close to as warm as prior android phone I've had. Battery life is stellar compared to my previous androids as well

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    06-24-16 06:30 PM
34 12