Posted on behalf of my mum (no problems with my PRIV!)

PRIV was on charge overnight, turned on in morning using passcode came on then just went off. Had series of flashing led lights, blue, green, red, white. Tried every combination suggested to turn on (power key 30 sec, power plus volume down, all keys, power and mute)

The latest attempt using power plus mute key has stopped the led lights flashing in colour sequence and now a solid blue light.

Have charged using original charger.

Only had phone 2 months, not happy. Rang blackberry help....they want £35 to sort it? Not sure how they can sort over telephone anyway?
    05-07-18 02:57 AM
    Posted on behalf of my mum (no problems with my PRIV!)

PRIV was on charge overnight, turned on in morning using passcode came on then just went off. Had series of flashing led lights, blue, green, red, white. Tried every combination suggested to turn on (power key 30 sec, power plus volume down, all keys, power and mute)

The latest attempt using power plus mute key has stopped the led lights flashing in colour sequence and now a solid blue light.

Have charged using original charger.

Only had phone 2 months, not happy. Rang blackberry help....they want £35 to sort it? Not sure how they can sort over telephone anyway?
    You heard if blackberry link? If not, reply with a quote. Also, try different chargers. If you search up on the Internet your situation, you can most likely find out what the problem is, and if there is a certain price that needs to be replaced, then that's up to you. Good luck!
    05-07-18 10:35 PM
    hello
    just press the power botton for exactly 30 seconds and it will reboot. dont press on volume or mute just the power botton.
    hope it will work
    05-07-18 10:49 PM
    hello
    just press the power botton for exactly 30 seconds and it will reboot. dont press on volume or mute just the power botton.
    hope it will work
    I've used 32 seconds exactly holding down Power button. Time it. Don't press anything else.

good luck
    05-08-18 06:38 AM
    Thank you. Tried every combination quoted on this site, firstly holding power button for thirty seconds. All this does is change what colour light is flashinging
    05-08-18 11:36 AM
    Thank you, tried and still won't switch on
    You heard if blackberry link? If not, reply with a quote. Also, try different chargers. If you search up on the Internet your situation, you can most likely find out what the problem is, and if there is a certain price that needs to be replaced, then that's up to you. Good luck!
    Thank you. Have tried various chargers and all the suggestions within this forum, nothing works. Planned to plug into my laptop tonight to see if I can access PRIV that way. It turns out my stepdad installed AVG anti virus software the day before the phone crashed, so I have a feeling this has something to do with it! Arghhh
    05-08-18 11:38 AM
    Finally it came alive today. Got to the powered by android screen and frozen from there. Eventually the Bootloader menu popped up...... selected option one. Then it went back to black screen, flashing red, green, blue and white lights and won't do anything again 🙄😬😡
    Attached Thumbnails PRIV won't turn on, led lights flashing tried all reboot methods-img_5802.jpg  
    05-08-18 12:40 PM
    Finally it came alive today. Got to the powered by android screen and frozen from there. Eventually the Bootloader menu popped up...... selected option one. Then it went back to black screen, flashing red, green, blue and white lights and won't do anything again ������������������
    So, do you know how to use blackberry link?
    05-08-18 03:21 PM
    Used link briefly years ago with a classic. Not for my PRIV. The PRIV in question is my mum's. I use an iPad so I can't connect the PRIV to that.
    05-08-18 03:40 PM
    BlackBerry Link is For BB10.

Try again power button holding for Not 29 seconds, Not 30 seconds but 32 seconds.
    If all fails you might have reload OS.

Good luck
    So, do you know how to use blackberry link?
    05-08-18 04:11 PM
    Actually, it's "At least 32 seconds", doesn't do anything different if you go over 32. 35 seconds will do the same thing, 55, or a minute and 2 will all do the same thing.
    Anything less than 32 will not activate the 'simulated battery pull' which is what you are trying to accomplish.
    Not saying this will fix OP's problem though.
    05-08-18 08:00 PM