11-26-19 09:26 PM
64 123
tools
    My phone is not working and it’s not charging either. When I press and hold the power button for 30 seconds it doesn’t turn on

I’m lost on what to do?
    05-08-18 02:59 PM
    My phone is not working and it’s not charging either. When I press and hold the power button for 30 seconds it doesn’t turn on

I’m lost on what to do?
    05-08-18 03:19 PM
    Time it holding power button for at least 32 seconds and then release

Good luck
    05-08-18 03:30 PM
    so just got home, and plugged in my phone to a charger.... and the screen doesnt even turn on... or anything....kinda worried....

power button seems to do nothing either...

Thank you kids, my Priv finally woke up after holding power buttons for 30 seconds or so.
    PHughes likes this.
    07-06-18 03:10 AM
    Hello my bb priv went black suddenly. It basically works I can feel the vibrations when I click the back,home buttons but the screen doesn't light up. Please help.
    07-07-18 08:54 AM
    A thousand thanks!!!! I too thought my beloved PRIV, or at least the battery, had crossed to the other side but holding the power button just 16 seconds brought it back to me. I do notice that the battery, which does run a bit hot, is heating up more often than before.
    07-24-18 11:53 PM
    At first I was freaking out so I called BlackBerry right away and the girl was like hold down the power button for like 30 second or so... Idk why I didn't think of that to be honest, and boom, loading screen and it booted right up. Thought my phone was a goner lmfao

Curve > Z10 > Z30 > Passport > Priv
    So my Priv went from charging to not charging, died, and now it is cycling through attempting to charge while powered off... almost as if it isn't holding a charge. Tried powering it on using the 30 second method and it tries to power up far sooner. Any suggestions on fixing this puzzle?
    09-12-18 04:07 PM
    So I opened it up, pressed on the battery and connector, maybe they are a little loose... and what do you know it wants to charge now. Let's hope this doesn't happen again, I was seriously about to order a replacement battery lol
    09-12-18 04:36 PM
    Hello
    The last three days my priv stop working every day. I must push the button for 30 sec to turn on. Can I do something to stop this malfunction? Do you know what causes that?
    09-18-18 05:31 PM
    Actually, I have just had this experience. 'Just' being October 2018 - my phone just went off at about 11% when I turned on the data. started panicking. Went to google for solutions. Stumbled upon crackberry and saw the comment on holding down the power button for like 30 seconds...and it worked! Calm is restored. Very informative site.

At first I was freaking out so I called BlackBerry right away and the girl was like hold down the power button for like 30 second or so... Idk why I didn't think of that to be honest, and boom, loading screen and it booted right up. Thought my phone was a goner lmfao

Curve > Z10 > Z30 > Passport > Priv
    10-23-18 05:22 AM
    After 2 years of "wear" I also had a battery dropdown from about 10% to OFF and after that device seemed dead even on charger.

Was also just in panic mode for some seconds cause of the many dead-messages I saw for PRIV around the 2 years of usage period.

Then took a breath and a towel and reminded myself of the 32sec™-F22 reboot

And what can I tell you, my depressed Marvin woke up again.
    10-26-18 05:44 AM
    Thank you ever so much for caring to share your experience. Saved me a LOTS of trouble. I was sure my battery was dead and started to google for how to replace it, order it, etc. But thankfully, I thought of googling "my priv died" and I found this thread. 30 sec and - boom - all works again.
    11-17-18 06:21 PM
    After holding down for 33 seconds, it came back - I had 86% charge - not sure what could have happened - thought it was a goner! Thanks for the advice.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-16-19 07:57 PM
    Glad you got it fixed. I've had no boots on other OS's that would be OK if I plugged in a charger, even though the battery had plenty of charge. Go figger.
    11-26-19 09:26 PM
64 123