Hmmmm......will this work on a z10 the same thing happened but I bought another phone.
    09-03-16 01:30 PM
    Had the same problem - was sweating for about 10-15 minutes. Saw this thread and tried it. Worked! Thank you folks.
    09-05-16 11:44 PM
    Had the same problem - was sweating for about 10-15 minutes. Saw this thread and tried it. Worked! Thank you folks.
    09-10-16 08:41 AM
    Like so many, I was so thankful to fall upon this thread...I DID hold the power button...but for not quite long enough.

After reading this thread, I held it for about 15 seconds and bam, what I thought was my dead PRIV booted right up.

And while it was sleeping, it was actually charging incredibly fast so it booted up at almost 50%!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-30-16 01:45 AM
    same problem. what should i do. none of above methods worked for me...
    10-22-16 11:42 AM
    same problem. what should i do. none of above methods worked for me...
    Welcome to Crackberry.

You have tried REBOOTING methods? You have plugged it into a charger that you know works?

You probably have a warranty so you could contact your carrier.

Good luck.
    10-22-16 12:01 PM
    Before reading your post and panicking I must have held down the power for 28-29 seconds and nothing!
    30 it is!

Thanks!
    Marly Marie likes this.
    01-08-17 10:52 AM
    Before reading your post and panicking I must have held down the power for 28-29 seconds and nothing!
    30 it is!

Thanks!
    Welcome to Crackberry.

So you are saying that you were able to get your Priv working again. I hope so.
    01-08-17 11:11 AM
    I wonder what causes these Privs to "die" in the first place and why they can only be resurrected by holding the power button down for 30 seconds.
    01-08-17 10:27 PM
    Indeed, i had same problem with my Priv not charging/turning on. Thanks to crackberry forums i was able to find a quick fix that saved me from making an insurance claim$$$.. If you have similar problem simply hold pwer button for 15-30 sec and your device should magicially turn on.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-12-17 10:49 AM
    The miracle of holding the power button in 30sec...
    01-12-17 04:24 PM
    Why doesn't it vibrate or start flashing when it is charging? There was no indication that it was charging. And why do you have to hold the "on" button down for so long? I ran out of batteries and have been totally freaking out because it wouldn't turn back on or charge. You have to hold the power button down for literally 15 -30 seconds. It felt like a lifetime.
    02-07-17 11:09 AM
    waoooo thanks a ton, it helped with a success and my priv started after pressing power button for 30sec.
    04-23-17 08:50 PM
    I need help... my Priv did the same thing - just died one day and would not restart it. I recharged it - the screen shows the battery charging, and then I have tried holding the power button done for 30 seconds (and more)... no luck in restarting it.

I have already replaced this Priv with another new one. Is there a way I can transfer the data from the old Priv to the new one? Keep in mind the old phone will not start...
    05-09-17 07:42 PM
    Try the Safe Mode or FastBoot (hold power button AND the Vol Down button).

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    05-09-17 10:38 PM
    At first I was freaking out so I called BlackBerry right away and the girl was like hold down the power button for like 30 second or so... Idk why I didn't think of that to be honest, and boom, loading screen and it booted right up. Thought my phone was a goner lmfao

Curve > Z10 > Z30 > Passport > Priv
    08-27-17 08:59 AM
    It works. Thanks.
    08-27-17 09:06 AM
    for everyone else at home go ahead and try it, it's a lot longer than you'd think just to get the stupid thing to turn back on.
    thank god!!! Iiiiaaaahhhoooooooooooo.....lalalallaalalalal i could not ever imagine using anything other than bb. Yes the 30 sec seem more like a week when your stressed and dead in the water! Thank you my fellow die hards!!!
    09-06-17 05:17 PM
    I had similar experience only that mine start overheating and then it refused to start. I tried all the suggestions but there was no success. Finally, the Power Management IC was replaced by technician and it's now good.
    10-20-17 02:32 PM
    You sir just saved me all kinds of anxiety, my precious Priv died mid-video chat with the wife last night and this resolved my issue this morning. If you are ever in Louisville I owe you a drink!
    GinUwiNlady and Rico4you like this.
    11-22-17 12:18 PM
    omg wonderful! was worried...peaceful sunday though
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-03-17 08:10 PM
    You are a god. Made an account just to say thanks, even though this was ages ago. In this case, 30 seconds felt much longer. Thanks man!
    Rico4you and Sigewif like this.
    12-28-17 11:46 PM
  23. don.williams@processkonsult.com's Avatar
    omg I love you!!!
    02-05-18 01:49 PM
    Thank it really works
    Rico4you likes this.
    02-24-18 08:23 AM
    Thank goodness for this thread. I was just about to trash it.
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-24-18 05:27 PM
66 123