so just got home, and plugged in my phone to a charger.... and the screen doesnt even turn on... or anything....kinda worried....

power button seems to do nothing either...
    11-16-15 05:56 PM
    nvm got it
    11-16-15 06:21 PM
    How did ya fix it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 06:45 PM
    How did ya fix it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    At first I was freaking out so I called BlackBerry right away and the girl was like hold down the power button for like 30 second or so... Idk why I didn't think of that to be honest, and boom, loading screen and it booted right up. Thought my phone was a goner lmfao

Curve > Z10 > Z30 > Passport > Priv
    11-16-15 08:45 PM
    hi just had my priv go completely dead would not charge at all no lights on when trying to charge thought it was gone
    after checking here i held down power button for 30 sec and it revivied
    12-28-15 10:26 AM
    At first I was freaking out so I called BlackBerry right away and the girl was like hold down the power button for like 30 second or so... Idk why I didn't think of that to be honest, and boom, loading screen and it booted right up. Thought my phone was a goner lmfao

Curve > Z10 > Z30 > Passport > Priv
    Yes it is easy to panic and look silly after someone else points out the obvious solution.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Hafiz johor bahru likes this.
    12-29-15 08:24 PM
    Pfffffffffffffffffffffffff, this thread saved my a$$ lol.
    Thanxs.

P.S. Isn't that a surprise, ProjectBrett helping out the community and giving an explanation on how he actually fixed this issue after making some lose unhelpful Twitter-like statement again. Let's call CNN for their Breaking News items lol.
    01-12-16 06:23 AM
    Yeah, just woke up from a great sleep & my Priv is completely dead, would not charge, no lights on when trying to charge....I had a panic attack & fired-up my old B10. Went on line to CrackBerry & read the above post.....held power button for less than 30 sec...."voila"....this post saved my arse! Thank you!!!!!
    confuerte likes this.
    01-21-16 04:44 AM
    Wow, I can't believe how easy that was! I had the same thing happen--my phone died and then wouldn't turn back on and didn't show any signs of charging...held the power button down for almost exactly 30 seconds and sure enough it booted right up. Why would it take holding the power button for so long? For everyone else at home go ahead and try it, it's a lot longer than you'd think just to get the stupid thing to turn back on.

Posted via CB10
    Marly Marie likes this.
    01-21-16 09:07 AM
    I have to do this a lot at work since we mainly get iPhones in, of course. Customers come in angry or worried (usually angry) that their phones won't turn on anymore. 8 times out of 10 it's just needing a hard reset like this, only on iPhones you hold the home button and the power button together.
    So, happens all the time on other devices as well.
    01-21-16 11:01 AM
    My Priv did the same. I thought I had held the power button for at least 30 sec several times. Kept reading this and set a timer. It rebooted right at 30 sec.
    01-29-16 03:38 PM
    I am so thankful for this thread.... I thought mine was a goner too... I just bought it second hand a few days ago and just now I went to charge it, turn it on and set it up then nothing... Who would have thought a 30 second hold on the power button would work...... I was literally ready to vomit I was so worried I broke it somehow... lol
    02-12-16 06:33 PM
    Thanks for this thread, it's saved me from getting a heart attack!! I thought I'd done it for long enough but fortunately happened to be that I simply had not! Welcome back Priv!
    03-03-16 09:37 PM
    WOW! Success. It worked for me after 30 seconds holding down the button.
    03-07-16 08:59 AM
    Worked, thank you!!
    04-25-16 07:17 PM
    Thanks for posting this fix, I thought my Priv was done for!
    06-18-16 05:02 PM
    this seriously worked
    06-29-16 02:32 PM
    when the battery is totally drenched this happens
    06-29-16 02:34 PM
    Omgoodnight I love you.... I just saw this s so I did the 30 second hold and it came back on. The thing I s I have had my phone since January so this was freaking me out.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-16 12:22 PM
    This happened to my Priv after it had completed the update to Marshmallow. I too panicked, but came across this solution purely by accident, as I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to just hold the power button down, and see what happened.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-16 08:15 PM
    Have BB Priv. Screen went black for hours. Found hold for 30 seconds advice on your website. Held for 3, the 10 even 20 seconds and nadda.

Held for 30 and wallah it came on. You were not the first site I looked at for answers, but you were the first with the correct answer. Thanks Crackberry.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-04-16 01:40 PM
    Have BB Priv. Screen went black for hours. Found hold for 30 seconds advice on your website. Held for 3, the 10 even 20 seconds and nadda.

Held for 30 and wallah it came on. You were not the first site I looked at for answers, but you were the first with the correct answer. Thanks Crackberry.
    I am glad that you found an answer that can help. We have lots of answers and very helpful folks around here.

Welcome to Crackberry.
    08-04-16 03:36 PM
    Hi guys,

My blackberry Priv's memory is full. Now the phone doesn't turn on even after pressing the start button for 30seconds. The message light is going with all possible colours like blue, red, green etc. I don't know how to do right now and I'm feeling ****ed up cause I'm in China and going home tomorrow without any way to call the people I need to see there

Hope that somebody has a solution
    08-11-16 11:56 PM
    Hi guys,

My blackberry Priv's memory is full. Now the phone doesn't turn on even after pressing the start button for 30seconds. The message light is going with all possible colours like blue, red, green etc. I don't know how to do right now and I'm feeling ****ed up cause I'm in China and going home tomorrow without any way to call the people I need to see there

Hope that somebody has a solution
    Here's a few suggestions but you might want to check out SAFE MODE near the end:

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off when it appears (that's the words in the screen prompt - Press and HOLD)
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

WELCOME to Crackberry.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-12-16 08:34 AM
    Don't usually charge my phone in the car, but it was fine when I unplugged it then when I got inside, it wouldn't come on at all. tried pressing the button for awhile, but was very concerned until I saw this thread, i just held it longer and it worked... thanks so much to the original poster for putting this on here.
    09-03-16 01:26 PM
66 123